Page 834 of 834 FirstFirst ... 334734784824830831832833834
Results 12,496 to 12,507 of 12507
    Astonishing Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY: TOMORROW’S HEROES OMNIBUS Cover by JOHN ROMITA:

Collecting MARVEL SUPER-HEROES (1967) #18; MARVEL TWO-IN-ONE (1974) #4-5, #61-63 and #69; GIANT-SIZE DEFENDERS #5; DEFENDERS (1972) #26-29; MARVEL PRESENTS #3-12; THOR ANNUAL #6; AVENGERS (1963) #167-168, #170-177 and #181; MS. MARVEL (1977) #23; and MARVEL TEAM-UP (1972) #86.

SPIDER-MAN: BEN REILLY OMNIBUS VOL. 1 Cover by TOD SMITH:

Collecting WEB OF SCARLET SPIDER #1-4, AMAZING SCARLET SPIDER #1-2, SCARLET SPIDER (1995) #1-2, SPECTACULAR SCARLET SPIDER #1-2, SCARLET SPIDER UNLIMITED #1, GREEN GOBLIN #3, SENSATIONAL SPIDER-MAN (1996) #0-3 and WIZARD MINI-COMIC, AMAZING SPIDER-MAN (1963) #407-410 and ANNUAL ’96, SPIDER-MAN (1990) #64-67, NEW WARRIORS (1990) #67, SPECTACULAR SPIDER-MAN (1976) #230-233, SPIDER-MAN/PUNISHER: FAMILY PLOT #1-2, SPIDER-MAN HOLIDAY SPECIAL 1995, SPIDER-MAN: THE FINAL ADVENTURE #1-4, SPIDER-MAN UNLIMITED (1993) #11, SPIDER-MAN TEAM-UP #2-3 and material from VENOM: ALONG CAME A SPIDER #1-4.
    These are both instant buys for me! That original GotG Omni especially cause I have scant hopes to ever see the 90s Omni series completed after getting a volume one. The original 31st team will always be my GotG. Yes, I find the charm in the revamp team that is all the rage but they just aren't my preference.

This is also my Ben Reilly so I'm stoked about this collection. The Ben 3.0 running around in Peter Davids current title just isn't the same despite fans of the character being very clear about that. Maybe one day I'll go back and finish Davids run, the title is up in the 20s now so one big Omni for it would be easy depending on when it ends.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by Mormegil View Post
    Also Quasar: Cosmic Collision which appears to pick up right where Quasar Classic Vol. 1 left off.
    Hmmm, I wonder if the collections dept is going to take a new approach to their Classic line then. Go with subtitles on books vs using the 'volume' description in an effort to give each book it's own feel? Mostly curious if Darkhawk Classic vol.1 will also be picked up from like Quasar here.
    My LCS has/had Quasar Classic vol.1 for $10 but I passed over it many times knowing at the time that subsequent volumes were not happening. Now though I may pop in and see if they still have it and consider this Cosmic Collision volume for purchase later.

Astonishing Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Hank View Post
    Is the Conan omni material in black-and-white or color?
    I believe the majority will be in colour i.e. the Conan the Barbarian issues, but Savage Tales was a magazine which would mean b/w but that's only material from two issues.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    Hmmm, I wonder if the collections dept is going to take a new approach to their Classic line then. Go with subtitles on books vs using the 'volume' description in an effort to give each book it's own feel? Mostly curious if Darkhawk Classic vol.1 will also be picked up from like Quasar here.
    My LCS has/had Quasar Classic vol.1 for $10 but I passed over it many times knowing at the time that subsequent volumes were not happening. Now though I may pop in and see if they still have it and consider this Cosmic Collision volume for purchase later.
    I think that's the plan. We also got Hawkeye and the Thunderbolts collections that picked up right where the old Thunderbolts Classic collections ended. There's also a New Warriors upcoming collection that picks up where the omnibus left off.

^^^^
    Those are good corollary's then to support that this is their new approach then. Thanks!

@Raffi
    When you posted that last round of Marvel Omni/OHC you mentioned the new Marvel Solicits? Do you have that link. When I see the latest Marvel Solicits it only has the monthly books. Are these Omni for 1Q 2019(Ben Reilly, GotG etc)

^^^^
    Those are good corollary's then to support that this is their new approach then. Thanks!

@Raffi
    When you posted that last round of Marvel Omni/OHC you mentioned the new Marvel Solicits? Do you have that link. When I see the latest Marvel Solicits it only has the monthly books. Are these Omni for 1Q 2019(Ben Reilly, GotG etc)
    Here you go:

https://www.cbr.com/marvel-comics-se...licitations/2/

It's on the 2nd page after the Star Wars solicits.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by csista View Post
    Wanted to double check before I buy because retailer searches aren’t being too clear. There are four Arron Thor OHCs released so far, right? Two for traditional Thor, and two for Jane Foster Thor?

Also, still no announcement for an omnibus, correct?
    Quote Originally Posted by awayne83 View Post
    Yeah 2 for Thor: God of Thunder and 2 Thor (Jane). No omni news so far
    I loved Thor by JMS Omnibus, just finished Thor by Gillen Complete Collection and I'm really getting into Loki: JitM Omnibus by Gillen, so when an Aaron omnibus is announced, I'll be all over it - I am now a converted Thor fan.

Having said that, I really wish Marvel had mapped things differently, as the OHC collection is missing some key stories.
    Firstly, the JMS omnibus could've easily been by "JMS and Gillen" and included the CC content up to Siege - Gillen's run carries straight on from JMS and actually makes a neater end at the Siege Epilogue issues.
    Then, the Loki omnibus could've started with the remaining Gillen issues and included the Fraction issues #615-#621 - I started JitM, which feels exactly like it runs on from Gillen's Thor, but 2 key plot points are completely skipped (spoilers!): 1. Odin has returned and 2. Loki is reborn as a child - I totally feel like the middle of a larger story has been chopped out!

So thoughts on how to remedy getting this material into OHC format to sit between Thor by JMS and JitM by Gillen:
    I've seen a few comments about the next "Avengers by Bendis" Omnibus proposing to collect the remaining New Avengers issues, Dark Avengers issues and Siege miniseries/ The Cabal content. Fine - that's probably the most likely outcome, but personally, I am happy with my OHC collection for that content. However, if they do go down this route, PLEASE print a Siege Companion Omnibus, collecting Gillen's full run and all the non-Bendis Siege tie-in material:
    Thor #604-614
    Siege: Loki, Cpt America, Spider-Man, Young Avengers & Secret Warriors
    New Mutants 11
    Siege: Embedded #1-4
    Dark Wolverine # 82-84
    Thunderbolts #141-143
    Avengers: Initiative #31-35
    Mighty Avengers #35-36
    Sentry: Fallen Son
    Siege: Storming Asgard - Heroes & Villains
    Circa 36 issues = nice Omnibus size

Then a "Mighty Thor: Fear Itself by Fraction" Omnibus:
    Thor #615-621
    Mighty Thor #1-22 & 12.1
    Fear Itself #1-7 & 7.2
    JitM #642-645
    Bonus - 4x Ages of Thunder one-shots

Those 2 books would complete Thor from his rebirth up to Aaron's run. Would these be of interest to anyone else or am i just a completest dreamer?
    Last edited by jm21; Yesterday at 01:53 PM.

Incredible Member

I would recommend the Cosmos in Collision volume. Quasar started out a little slow, with mostly done in one stories. The series picks up with the "Journey into Mystery" 4 part storyline in issues 13-16. The "Cosmos in Collision" story in issues 19-25 is where the title peaks, paying off the first 2 years of plot threads in the title.

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    I believe the majority will be in colour i.e. the Conan the Barbarian issues, but Savage Tales was a magazine which would mean b/w but that's only material from two issues.
    Ah, thank you. Read a few of these when I was a kid, for some reason I thought they were in b&w, glad to hear it's mostly color. Maybe I had stumbled onto the magazine you mentioned.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Hank View Post
    Ah, thank you. Read a few of these when I was a kid, for some reason I thought they were in b&w, glad to hear it's mostly color. Maybe I had stumbled onto the magazine you mentioned.
    The solicitation reads:

Roy Thomas and Barry Windsor-Smith brought Robert E. Howard’s iconic creation to four-color life with work that set new standards for comic book storytelling. Marvel is honored to present each story, each cover and each letters page — all painstakingly restored to match the majesty of the original editions.

checked out a local comic shop here in the Dallas-Ft. Worth area. Nice place but can't see myself going back. Place has prices out of this world.

I'll keep my ass on IST, CGN and Amazon. Great selection of Epics though. Almost every epic collection in there.

I love the original Guardians of the Galaxy. That collection has all of the issues. I'm a buying it!