Page 684 of 834 FirstFirst ... 184584634674680681682683684685686687688694734784 ... LastLast
Results 10,246 to 10,260 of 12505
    Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by jm21 View Post
    I just ordered Thor by Gillen complete collection to read ahead of my JiM omnibus - thanks for the heads up!
    I'm a bit gutted that this isn't an OHC to bridge Thor by JMS Omnibus and Siege OHC / JiM Omnibus.

Does anyone think we'll eventually get some sort of Thor: Siege Omnibus collecting Gillen's Thor issues and all the Siege Event tie ins to bridge the 2 existing omnibuses? (similar to the Daredevil Shadowland omnibus, I guess)
    Last edited by jm21; 09-07-2017 at 03:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post
    It's an aftermath issue that dealt more with events that occurred previously in Fraction's run and focuses on Thor's reaction to the events of the crossover. If memory serves, Loki isn't it in at all. From the point of view of a Loki by Gillen omnibus it's doesn't add anything, even in the context of the Everything Burns crossover. It would have been nice to been included for completion's sake, but you're definitely not missing anything (unless you're reading Fraction's run as well).

Personally, I think the absence of Gillen's earlier Thor issues is a bigger issue, especially the Siege: Loki one-shot. They set up many of the threads in JiM and as someone who read them after JiM, I know first hand that including them would have added a lot more to the story.
    Interesting, thanks for the insight.

And I agree, I wish this was a Thor and Loki by Gillen

Quote Originally Posted by jm21 View Post
    I'm a bit gutted that this isn't an OHC to bridge Thor by JMS Omnibus and Siege OHC / JiM Omnibus.

Does anyone think we'll eventually get some sort of Thor: Siege Omnibus collecting Gillen's Thor issues and all the Siege Event tie ins to bridge the 2 existing omnibuses? (similar to the Daredevil Shadowland omnibus, I guess)
    I wish it would happen, but with the ultimate collection around I don't think we have a chance. It's a real shame, because if the Loki by Gillen Omni goes well, I suspect Marvel will try to capitalize on Loki's appearance in Fraction's Thor run instead (and as a lifelong Thor fan, that run was a mess).
    Last edited by Yaggi_Rck; 09-07-2017 at 06:48 PM.

Astonishing Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Ran home to walk the dogs and my IST order of Planet Hulk and the 2 Punisher Omnis had arrived.

I'm so super stoked about this hat trick of a purchase! The Punisher Back to the War Omni has some fun extras in the back I'm excited to look at and explore!
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar
    In the Tardis reading The Expanse book series

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    Ran home to walk the dogs and my IST order of Planet Hulk and the 2 Punisher Omnis had arrived.

I'm so super stoked about this hat trick of a purchase! The Punisher Back to the War Omni has some fun extras in the back I'm excited to look at and explore!
    That's cool! You didn't have to sign for it though? I always have to sign for it. And I hate it when the mailman comes when I'm not home.
    Favorite Artists Right Now: Ivan Reis, Andrea Sorrentino, Stuart Immonen, Jason Fabok, Olivier Coipel, Nick Dragotta, Kim Jacinto, Patrick Gleason, Jorge Jimenez, Greg Capullo, Jerome Opena, Steve McNiven, Kev Walker, Steve Epting, Sean Murphy.

"I am a mad man with a box!"--- The Doctor

Jesus said unto her, "I am the resurrection, and the life. He that believes in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live. And whosoever lives and believes in me shall never die."--- John 11:25-26

Astonishing Member Captain Craig's Avatar

^^^^
    The dog sitter was there at midday and she signed for it. She couldn't stay all day though so I had to cover the evening walk.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    I don't even know where to start. Ha

Attachment 54437
    Sweet! I'll have the Vader and Planet Hulk omnis sometime next week.
    Favorite Artists Right Now: Ivan Reis, Andrea Sorrentino, Stuart Immonen, Jason Fabok, Olivier Coipel, Nick Dragotta, Kim Jacinto, Patrick Gleason, Jorge Jimenez, Greg Capullo, Jerome Opena, Steve McNiven, Kev Walker, Steve Epting, Sean Murphy.

Jesus said unto her, "I am the resurrection, and the life. He that believes in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live. And whosoever lives and believes in me shall never die."--- John 11:25-26

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    ^^^^
    The dog sitter was there at midday and she signed for it. She couldn't stay all day though so I had to cover the evening walk.
    Ah, okay. There was one particular day when I knew I was getting a huge box of omnis and DE's in the mail, so I kept looking out the window and waiting for my dogs to bark (they go nuts when he goes by), but nothing. About an hour after the time he normally goes by, I decide to go see if I somehow missed him and sure enough, I see him parked on the next corner up about to leave.

I hurried as fast as I could, and waved him down. He saw me coming and got out and smiled (he knows I get a lot of books). When I got to him, he said to me "I rang the door bell, but no one answered", which was weird because the door bell was working. Anyway, I signed off for them and took the big box home. It must have weighed about 60 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    I don't even know where to start. Ha

Attachment 54437
    Great haul!!! Is it possible a pic of the spines?

So Punisher back to the war was kind of a blind buy for me have read Circle of Blood. How is the stuff before that? I love Ennis ultra violent Punisher, but have not read to much of the old school stuff.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Judge Dredd View Post
    So Punisher back to the war was kind of a blind buy for me have read Circle of Blood. How is the stuff before that? I love Ennis ultra violent Punisher, but have not read to much of the old school stuff.
    The Daredevil issues are a highlight. The rest are standard code approved comics from the 70s and 80s, so don't expect an Ennis ultra violence in them.

Quote Originally Posted by The Whovian View Post
    That's cool! You didn't have to sign for it though? I always have to sign for it. And I hate it when the mailman comes when I'm not home.
    I never have to sign for IST deliveries. I'm not sure if it matters, but I also always upgrade to FedEx ground shipping, usually for free. Fortunately I have a covered porch so I never come home to a box of books sitting in the rain.

Quote Originally Posted by Rincewind View Post
    The Daredevil issues are a highlight. The rest are standard code approved comics from the 70s and 80s, so don't expect an Ennis ultra violence in them.
    Yeah I did not expect that level, but interested to see his early days I think I have read the Daredevil stuff with him in it.

Ah, okay. There was one particular day when I knew I was getting a huge box of omnis and DE's in the mail, so I kept looking out the window and waiting for my dogs to bark (they go nuts when he goes by), but nothing. About an hour after the time he normally goes by, I decide to go see if I somehow missed him and sure enough, I see him parked on the next corner up about to leave.

I hurried as fast as I could, and waved him down. He saw me coming and got out and smiled (he knows I get a lot of books). When I got to him, he said to me "I rang the door bell, but no one answered", which was weird because the door bell was working. Anyway, I signed off for them and took the big box home. It must have weighed about 60 lbs.
    I really hate when delivery people are this incompetent. Just last week I was waiting on a DPD delivery and when it supposed to come I heard a knock on the door downstairs, looked out the window and seen that the DPD van is outside so I just ran down quickly.
    I've checked the shipping label and it clearly said 2nd floor not 1st where the guy kept knocking... -_-'

Astonishing Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

My dogs go crazy whenever the doorbell goes. Unfortunately, the postman got bit in the backside once by one of my dogs when he slipped out of the gate. We were away on holiday and my wife's parents were minding our house and menagerie. Fortunately, the postman, although not too happy, was forgiving. I have my comic books delivered to work. That way I'll always pick them up myself. If I'm away, they'll be waiting my desk as they always get signed by the receptionists.