Page 633 of 673 FirstFirst ... 133533583623629630631632633634635636637643 ... LastLast
Results 9,481 to 9,495 of 10088

Sorry if these were already mentioned, I missed a lot of posts on vacation, but some X-Book Amazon Fish!

CABLE: THE NEMESIS CONTRACT - 400 pages
    Contains Cable #59 to something. Hopefully it fattens up a bit and we get Cable #59-72, Annual 1999, and X-Man #46-47 (crossover) and nearly every Cable issue will be collected up to the 2000 Revolution relaunch.

Also...

CABLE & X-FORCE: ONSLAUGHT RISING - 360 pages
    Probably contains... Cable #32-36, X-Force #49-58 or something close to that.
    Last edited by AstonishingXMan; 06-19-2017 at 10:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RickyMeister View Post
    Like this? Attachment 50713
    worse because the spine is flat
    20170619_191423.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    worse because the spine is flat
    20170619_191423.jpg
    Weird since my avengers time runs out and superior spider-man vol 3 dont stay flat like that.
    Would you say its worth the extra over the paperback?

Quote Originally Posted by RickyMeister View Post
    Weird since my avengers time runs out and superior spider-man vol 3 dont stay flat like that.
    Would you say its worth the extra over the paperback?
    Unfortunately I can't tell since I haven't read it yet. I got it quite cheap from amazon in November, for like 18. Event ohcs are not as good quality as other ohcs since they try to produce them faster so they get worse paper and binding. I wouldn't pay too much for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    Unfortunately I can't tell since I haven't read it yet. I got it quite cheap from amazon in November, for like 18. Event ohcs are not as good quality as other ohcs since they try to produce them faster so they get worse paper and binding. I wouldn't pay too much for it.
    I have the uk versions of the paperbacks but they dont have all the same issues. Will keep an eye out for the hardcover for cheap rather than paying the 35 for a new one. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan P91 View Post
    Absolutely. The 5 Clone Saga books and 6 Ben Reilly ones are, really, 11 books of the one long storyline. To read of Ben's time as Spider-Man, and to find out how the whole Saga wrapped up, you'll need them.

Between Clone/Ben Reilly Saga (ending at ASM #418) and Next Chapter there's a total of two runs totalling 18 issues uncollected (#419-431 and #436-439). The remainder is available in Identity Crisis, Spider-Hunt and The Gathering of Five.
    Ditto on the Ben Reilly trades ... you really need them to understand the ending to the modern clone saga. Otherwise, you only get to the point where Pete retires and Ben takes over.

So weird that those late 90s Spidey books have never been collected. There's some ok stuff in there, not really classics, but definitely good reading. I remember ASM art was by Steve Skroce (later of Wolverine and the Matrix fame). Over in Spec you had some nice McFarlane-esque art by Luke Ross where JM DeMatties was doing cool things with Kraven's son and the Chameleon. ASM had the Doc Ock returns story, the Silver Surfer/Cosmic Carnage stuff (collected in the Carnage Classic TP), and some crossovers with X-Man (Nate Gray) and the Black Tarantula stuff. There were also some good tales over in the Peter Parker: Spider-Man book by Mackie/JRjr with lots of street level gang warfare type stories. I remember one PP:SpM issue where Pete & Norman Osborne were trapped in an elevator with some of the Daily Bugle staff where they couldn't escape without revealing each other's secret ID. At least I think so. It's been 20 years since I read some of those books.

I guess these books are in that weird late 90s period immediately preceding the era when everything was collected. Thankfully we've gotten the Dezaco/Ringo stuff over in Sensational Spidey from that era recently collected. Hope they release more books from this era. I used to collect all the Spidey books monthly during this era but sold off all my single issues years ago. I'm glad to have some of them back in my collection in TPs for re-reading.

Quote Originally Posted by grahamgg View Post
    Ditto on the Ben Reilly trades ... you really need them to understand the ending to the modern clone saga. Otherwise, you only get to the point where Pete retires and Ben takes over.

So weird that those late 90s Spidey books have never been collected. There's some ok stuff in there, not really classics, but definitely good reading. I remember ASM art was by Steve Skroce (later of Wolverine and the Matrix fame). Over in Spec you had some nice McFarlane-esque art by Luke Ross where JM DeMatties was doing cool things with Kraven's son and the Chameleon. ASM had the Doc Ock returns story, the Silver Surfer/Cosmic Carnage stuff (collected in the Carnage Classic TP), and some crossovers with X-Man (Nate Gray) and the Black Tarantula stuff. There were also some good tales over in the Peter Parker: Spider-Man book by Mackie/JRjr with lots of street level gang warfare type stories. I remember one PP:SpM issue where Pete & Norman Osborne were trapped in an elevator with some of the Daily Bugle staff where they couldn't escape without revealing each other's secret ID. At least I think so. It's been 20 years since I read some of those books.

I guess these books are in that weird late 90s period immediately preceding the era when everything was collected. Thankfully we've gotten the Dezaco/Ringo stuff over in Sensational Spidey from that era recently collected. Hope they release more books from this era. I used to collect all the Spidey books monthly during this era but sold off all my single issues years ago. I'm glad to have some of them back in my collection in TPs for re-reading.
    I'm hoping for a Paul Jenkins Spider-Man omni, I think his work is woefully underrated.

Amazing Member

So I was wondering, how exactly does IST and CGN make a decent profit? I don't know how much retailers pay for stuff through Diamond but I'd be surprised if they get a discount of more than 50% off. I'm sure someone here has an idea of what Diamond charges retailers.

X-Fan & Marvel Collector

deleted....
    Do you read comics in TPBs, HCs, and omnibuses - or are just not sure where to start? Check out my definitive guides to DC (including Rebirth!), Valiant Comics, and Marvel - including every X-Men and Avengers team and each Marvel Event.

You'll find definitive reading guides including every issue of every major Marvel hero and team, like Black Panther, Captain America, Captain/Ms. Marvel, Daredevil, Deadpool, Spider-Man, & and more!

Quote Originally Posted by Dougtron View Post
    So I was wondering, how exactly does IST and CGN make a decent profit? I don't know how much retailers pay for stuff through Diamond but I'd be surprised if they get a discount of more than 50% off. I'm sure someone here has an idea of what Diamond charges retailers.
    Volume, baby, volume.

Fantastic Member The Flicker Fade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Parker View Post
    I'm hoping for a Paul Jenkins Spider-Man omni, I think his work is woefully underrated.
    Is that the stuff that ran (mostly) concurrently with JMS? I've often thought about picking it up (the trades are pretty cheap) but then I'll check out some panels from it and I really, really can't stand Humberto Ramos. Care to make a case for why it's worth reading anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by Dougtron View Post
    DCBS/IST is probably Diamond's #1 or #2 account. They sell much more volume and at their volume, the discount is minimum 57% DC and 59% Marvel.

DC
    6 Month Average Invoiced: Standard Discount
    $0-999: 35%
    $1,000-2,999: 50%
    $3,000-4,499: 53%
    $4,500-16,999: 55%
    $17,000-34,999: 56%
    $35,000+: 57%

Marvel
    12 Month Average Invoiced: Standard Discount
    $0-799: 35%
    $800-1,199: 45%
    $1,200-2,499: 50%
    $2,500-3,999: 53%
    $4,000-6,999: 54%
    $7,000-14,999: 55%
    $15,000-29,999: 56%
    $30,000-74,999: 57%
    $75,000-124,999: 58%
    $125,000+: 59%
    Currently Following:
    Action Comics, Deathstroke, Red Hood and the Outlaws, Super Sons, Superman, Superwoman, Teen Titans, Titans, Trinity, Wild Storm, Monstress, I Hate Fairyland, Black Monday Murders, Kill Or Be Killed, Redlands, Crosswind, Astonishing X-Men, Defenders, Hawkeye, Secret Empire, Sam Wilson, Steve Rogers, American Gods, Animosity, Black Eyed Kids, Red Sonja, Nancy Drew

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Flicker Fade View Post
    Is that the stuff that ran (mostly) concurrently with JMS? I've often thought about picking it up (the trades are pretty cheap) but then I'll check out some panels from it and I really, really can't stand Humberto Ramos. Care to make a case for why it's worth reading anyway?
    Yeah I had a look at the Jenkins issues on Comixology not too long ago, I've never been a big Ramos fan but geez, the art in the previews was way too cartoony and out there for my liking. Would like to hear opinions on that run too.

I'm not a fan of Ramos either. Jenkins spent much more time than other writers on character. If you are a fan of the motivations and analysis of why SM does what he does, its a great run.

I always felt this run was hit or miss but Jenkins wrote an awesome arc with the Green Goblin - full on balls to the wall. Unfortunately ... the art.