Page 584 of 638 FirstFirst ... 84484534574580581582583584585586587588594634 ... LastLast
Results 8,746 to 8,760 of 9559
  1. #8746
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    270

    Default

    I have never been hyped for a Thor movie. But that trailer has made it the most hyped I've been for a Superhero movie ever. I live in a time where I'm more hyped for a Thor movie, than a JL or Spider-man movie. Crazy

  2. #8747
    Illest Alive PLEDGE's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    303

    Default

    The trailer was fine aesthetically....I just don't get why they took the best possible scenario for a successful stand-alone Hulk movie (Planet Hulk), and merged it with a climactic Thor arc (Ragnarok). Thor vs Hulk is a good thing, as seen in the animated movie...but this trailer has DC cinematic universe dripping all over it...from the potential of trying to fit together too many disparate parts in haste, right down to the pop/rock anthem track being played over it. Not a good sign.

  3. #8748
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    561

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PLEDGE View Post
    ...I just don't get why they took the best possible scenario for a successful stand-alone Hulk movie (Planet Hulk), and merged it with a climactic Thor arc (Ragnarok).

    Because Hollywood. Paramount or someone still holds the distribution rights for anything that could be classified as a Hulk Solo movie so another Hulk movie isn't going to happen for a long time, hence we get the wasted opportunity for the best possible Hulk movie.

  4. #8749
    Amazing Member
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    87

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by drd View Post
    Because Hollywood. Paramount or someone still holds the distribution rights for anything that could be classified as a Hulk Solo movie so another Hulk movie isn't going to happen for a long time, hence we get the wasted opportunity for the best possible Hulk movie.
    As much as a standalone Planet Hulk movie would rock AFAIK the story didn't really include any human characters. Therefore the movie would pretty much be entirely CGI. That could possibly be prohibitively expensive and mostly CGI films don't have the best track record.

  5. #8750
    Astonishing Member TomSlick's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,688

    Default

    I don't think you could make an all out Planet Hulk movie and truth be told the two Hulk movies and the two Thor movies kind of sucked or at least were not up to the usual Marvel standard. But the synergy the two characters had in the avengers movies were great so it's a good move by Marvel.

  6. #8751
    Astonishing Member TomSlick's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,688

    Default

    So I'm reading the Road to War of Kings. Question: Does Medusa normally walk around naked from the waist down? Issue 4 of Silent War for reference. I thought the a White Queen looked like a prostitute but this one takes the cake.

    On a side note, it's not bad but the Inhuman stories are the weakest of the bunch. I liked Quicksilver, Guardians and Nova the best. Oh and the X-Men arc, too.

  7. #8752
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    561

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    I don't think you could make an all out Planet Hulk movie and truth be told the two Hulk movies and the two Thor movies kind of sucked or at least were not up to the usual Marvel standard. But the synergy the two characters had in the avengers movies were great so it's a good move by Marvel.
    Were getting a little off topic here so I'll post this and bow out for fear of mod intervention.

    The 2016 Jungle Book remake made almost a billion dollars off a $175m budget and one human actor (that was a child), dunno what Thor 3s budget is but Doctor Strange was $165m, a full CG planet hulk movie could be done and not terribly expensively.

    For the record I thought the Jungle Book remake sucked, the CG looked funky and the changes to the story didn't resonate with me, but a billion dollars is a billion dollars.

  8. #8753
    Astonishing Member TomSlick's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,688

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by drd View Post
    Were getting a little off topic here so I'll post this and bow out for fear of mod intervention.

    The 2016 Jungle Book remake made almost a billion dollars off a $175m budget and one human actor (that was a child), dunno what Thor 3s budget is but Doctor Strange was $165m, a full CG planet hulk movie could be done and not terribly expensively.

    For the record I thought the Jungle Book remake sucked, the CG looked funky and the changes to the story didn't resonate with me, but a billion dollars is a billion dollars.
    Jungle Book catered to kids who will watch anything Disney and parents who will pay to make their kids happy. The two Hulk movies were failures and the second had Edward Norton who is an amazing actor.

  9. #8754
    Moderator Balakin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Dundee, Scotland
    Posts
    4,568

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    Jungle Book catered to kids who will watch anything Disney and parents who will pay to make their kids happy. The two Hulk movies were failures and the second had Edward Norton who is an amazing actor.
    Lots of adults loved JB but it's a classic Disney cartoon's remake and those are the bee's knees nowadays (sadly, I don't think they add anything to the story just because they are live action or look like live action, just like Ghost in the shell didn't). Hulk is a riskier move, much riskier. A standalone full CG Rocket (or Rocket-Groot) move would be a MUCH safer bet for Disney.

    BTW I don't think the Norton Hulk movie was that bad. It's not a home run but I never regret watching it from time to time unlike Iron man 2 (which is also not completely horrible but not that good either). But each to their own, I've seen so many cinematic abominations that were much below these and made twice as much money somehow (and sequels).

  10. #8755
    Illest Alive PLEDGE's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    303

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    Lots of adults loved JB but it's a classic Disney cartoon's remake and those are the bee's knees nowadays (sadly, I don't think they add anything to the story just because they are live action or look like live action, just like Ghost in the shell didn't). Hulk is a riskier move, much riskier. A standalone full CG Rocket (or Rocket-Groot) move would be a MUCH safer bet for Disney.

    BTW I don't think the Norton Hulk movie was that bad. It's not a home run but I never regret watching it from time to time unlike Iron man 2 (which is also not completely horrible but not that good either). But each to their own, I've seen so many cinematic abominations that were much below these and made twice as much money somehow (and sequels).
    Pun? :P

    I agree that the Norton Hulk movie was good...even better than Iron Man 2. The feeling of isolation and slower pace really captured Banner's struggle for me...but I understand that is also what lost a lot of people that wanted more of an action dynamic.

  11. #8756
    Junior Member doolittle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Greensburg, Pennsylvania
    Posts
    118

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PLEDGE View Post
    The trailer was fine aesthetically....I just don't get why they took the best possible scenario for a successful stand-alone Hulk movie (Planet Hulk), and merged it with a climactic Thor arc (Ragnarok). Thor vs Hulk is a good thing, as seen in the animated movie...but this trailer has DC cinematic universe dripping all over it...from the potential of trying to fit together too many disparate parts in haste, right down to the pop/rock anthem track being played over it. Not a good sign.
    Pop/rock anthem?! How dare you reduce a Zeppelin classic like that?

  12. #8757
    Moderator Balakin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Dundee, Scotland
    Posts
    4,568

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PLEDGE View Post
    Pun? :P

    I agree that the Norton Hulk movie was good...even better than Iron Man 2. The feeling of isolation and slower pace really captured Banner's struggle for me...but I understand that is also what lost a lot of people that wanted more of an action dynamic.
    haha I didn't even realise

  13. #8758
    Rookie Member Jim Noble's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Derby, UK
    Posts
    82

    Default

    I was planning an Infinity Gauntlet/War/Crusade read through, but I cannot find a copy of the Infinity Crusade second volume trade anywhere.

    I've got the Infinity Gauntlet, War and Crusade volume 1 trades, and both volumes of Infinity Watch, but I was hoping some one could just tell me the order of the issues in volume 2 so I can read the issues on Marvel Unlimited? I would really appreciate the help ☺

  14. #8759
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    188

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Noble View Post
    I was planning an Infinity Gauntlet/War/Crusade read through, but I cannot find a copy of the Infinity Crusade second volume trade anywhere.

    I've got the Infinity Gauntlet, War and Crusade volume 1 trades, and both volumes of Infinity Watch, but I was hoping some one could just tell me the order of the issues in volume 2 so I can read the issues on Marvel Unlimited? I would really appreciate the help ☺
    The order in the collection is as follows:

    1. Warlock and the Infinity Watch #20
    2. Infinity Crusade #4
    3. Warlock Chronicles #4
    4. W&IW # 21
    5. IC #5
    6. WC #5
    7. W&IW #22
    8. IC #6
    Last edited by Rincewind; 04-17-2017 at 04:41 PM. Reason: typo

  15. #8760
    Illest Alive PLEDGE's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    303

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by doolittle View Post
    Pop/rock anthem?! How dare you reduce a Zeppelin classic like that?
    Ha. Well it is a popular song in the rock genre. Hence Pop Rock. Would say the same thing for Bohemian Rhapsody by Queen in the SS trailer or Lennon's 'Come Together' in JL.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •