Page 799 of 807 FirstFirst ... 299699749789795796797798799800801802803 ... LastLast
Results 11,971 to 11,985 of 12094
  1. #11971
    Astonishing Member TomSlick's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,283

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    It is curious why nothing is collected in Omni from here. At least up through Civil War.


    There are 2 Clone Saga volumes('94-'96ish), even if they are not your preference.
    Also Untold Tales of SM by Busiek was 95-97ish.

  2. #11972
    Incredible Member grahamgg's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Cincinnati, OH
    Posts
    548

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    It is curious why nothing is collected in Omni from here. At least up through Civil War.


    There are 2 Clone Saga volumes('94-'96ish), even if they are not your preference.
    You're right! 1996 not 1992.

    Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    Also Untold Tales of SM by Busiek was 95-97ish.
    I thought we were talking about mainly ASM-centric collections ... but that UToSM Omni was nice. I really liked that series.

    Late 90s Spidey has been so weirdly collected in m opinion. There were some pretty good stories immediately post-Clone Saga which have never seen the light of day outside of floppies except for a few crossovers (Spider-Hunt/Identity Crisis ... pretty good story, Gathering of the Five ... not so great, etc). I'm thinking of the return of Doc Ock, some of the JM DeMatties Spectacular stuff with Kraven's son & the Chameleon, even some of the "street level" stuff that Mackie was doing in Peter Parker. All of it is readable and I'd like to have it back on my shelf. I sold most of my single issues years ago when my collection was too large & unmanageable and I was in downsizing mode.

    Actually, thinking out loud, this entire era 96-99 is pretty sparse in total from Marvel in the collections department except for some X-Men and the Heroes Return Avengers titles. Hulk is mostly uncollected here, Spidey as mentioned above, FF by Claremont has never been collected, etc. I wonder if it has to do with them not having the files nowadays and the difficulties with doing good high quality scans?

  3. #11973
    Fantastic Member Russ840's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    England
    Posts
    366

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by grahamgg View Post
    You're right! 1996 not 1992.



    I thought we were talking about mainly ASM-centric collections ... but that UToSM Omni was nice. I really liked that series.

    Late 90s Spidey has been so weirdly collected in m opinion. There were some pretty good stories immediately post-Clone Saga which have never seen the light of day outside of floppies except for a few crossovers (Spider-Hunt/Identity Crisis ... pretty good story, Gathering of the Five ... not so great, etc). I'm thinking of the return of Doc Ock, some of the JM DeMatties Spectacular stuff with Kraven's son & the Chameleon, even some of the "street level" stuff that Mackie was doing in Peter Parker. All of it is readable and I'd like to have it back on my shelf. I sold most of my single issues years ago when my collection was too large & unmanageable and I was in downsizing mode.

    Actually, thinking out loud, this entire era 96-99 is pretty sparse in total from Marvel in the collections department except for some X-Men and the Heroes Return Avengers titles. Hulk is mostly uncollected here, Spidey as mentioned above, FF by Claremont has never been collected, etc. I wonder if it has to do with them not having the files nowadays and the difficulties with doing good high quality scans?
    Yeah. My post was referring to only ASM.

    There is also an omni to be made of the material between clone saga and Mackie’s relaunch.

    I think it criminal that the first half of JMS’ run ( the Romita Jr issues ) is not an Omnibus. It’s perfect in terms of length and kind of has an ending there.

  4. #11974
    Astonishing Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    4,343

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Russ840 View Post
    Yeah. My post was referring to only ASM.

    There is also an omni to be made of the material between clone saga and Mackieís relaunch.

    I think it criminal that the first half of JMSí run ( the Romita Jr issues ) is not an Omnibus. Itís perfect in terms of length and kind of has an ending there.
    We did get those 5 Best of Spider-Man OHCs. Granted not Omnibus, but oversized for sure.

  5. #11975
    Fantastic Member Russ840's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    England
    Posts
    366

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    We did get those 5 Best of Spider-Man OHCs. Granted not Omnibus, but oversized for sure.
    True but my anal nature can’t cope with the fact that their is other material besides JMS’

  6. #11976

    Default

    Depending on what they'd choose to do w/Maximum Carnage (I'd suggest skipping it), there's a solid 43 issue run (ASM 351-393 + 3 crossover issues for Pursuit) to take us from the end of the Larsen omni to the start of the first Clone Saga omnibus. There's also the much-hoped-for DeMatteis Spectacular Spider-man collection - he did 23 consecutive issues (178-200) before Maximum Carnage, then there are a smattering of writers to take the title up to the Clone Sage (204-216; you could omit 211 as it's part of Pursuit) - that'd be 35 issues total, which is a nice-sized omnibus (if probably a bit unlikely). Not sure if Spider-man (post McFarlane) or Web of have any overarching stories to justify an omni.

    I'm waiting on them to decide to produce a few titles from just before this era - Tombstone v2 (SSM 150-163 or higher - I think Conway went through 172), ASM Epic Collection 16 (Gang War, Sinister Syndicate), Owl-Octopus War (SSM 72-79) in some form or another, and a Macendale Hobgoblin collection of some kind (Name of the Rose, Hobgoblin Reborn, Beware the Rage of a Desperate Man) - yes, that last one is a pipedream.

  7. #11977
    Astonishing Member TomSlick's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,283

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by grahamgg View Post
    You're right! 1996 not 1992.



    I thought we were talking about mainly ASM-centric collections ... but that UToSM Omni was nice. I really liked that series.
    Quote Originally Posted by Russ840 View Post
    Yeah. My post was referring to only ASM.

    .

    Ah my bad.

    I'd like to see the gap between Stern and issue # 298 filled.

  8. #11978
    Fantastic Member Russ840's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    England
    Posts
    366

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bob/.schoonover View Post
    Depending on what they'd choose to do w/Maximum Carnage (I'd suggest skipping it), there's a solid 43 issue run (ASM 351-393 + 3 crossover issues for Pursuit) to take us from the end of the Larsen omni to the start of the first Clone Saga omnibus. There's also the much-hoped-for DeMatteis Spectacular Spider-man collection - he did 23 consecutive issues (178-200) before Maximum Carnage, then there are a smattering of writers to take the title up to the Clone Sage (204-216; you could omit 211 as it's part of Pursuit) - that'd be 35 issues total, which is a nice-sized omnibus (if probably a bit unlikely). Not sure if Spider-man (post McFarlane) or Web of have any overarching stories to justify an omni.

    I'm waiting on them to decide to produce a few titles from just before this era - Tombstone v2 (SSM 150-163 or higher - I think Conway went through 172), ASM Epic Collection 16 (Gang War, Sinister Syndicate), Owl-Octopus War (SSM 72-79) in some form or another, and a Macendale Hobgoblin collection of some kind (Name of the Rose, Hobgoblin Reborn, Beware the Rage of a Desperate Man) - yes, that last one is a pipedream.

    If I was putting an omni out for in between the Larsen and clone saga omni’ i would do this.

    Amazing Spider-Man By Michelinie & Bagley

    Collecting ASM 351 to 388 and the eleven issues of maximum carnage that are not the three ASM ones.

    This way we are getting the final part of Michelinie’s run, with Max Carnage in there.

    The issues of ASM spider man remaining are 389 to 393. These are by JMD so get an Omni together of his Spidey works. A bit like the Larsen Omni. And there we go.

  9. #11979
    Fantastic Member Russ840's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    England
    Posts
    366

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    Ah my bad.

    I'd like to see the gap between Stern and issue # 298 filled.
    Be nice for people for this gap to be filled. Not sure how to map it. I myself am happy with the next 10 years of masterworks to fill those gaps.

  10. #11980
    I am the law Judge Dredd's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Mega-City One
    Posts
    1,571

    Default

    So the upcoming venom omnibus collecting the mini-series how are they? I have not read any of them before.

  11. #11981
    Astonishing Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    4,343

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Russ840 View Post
    If I was putting an omni out for in between the Larsen and clone saga omnií i would do this.

    Amazing Spider-Man By Michelinie & Bagley

    Collecting ASM 351 to 388 and the eleven issues of maximum carnage that are not the three ASM ones.

    This way we are getting the final part of Michelinieís run, with Max Carnage in there.

    The issues of ASM spider man remaining are 389 to 393. These are by JMD so get an Omni together of his Spidey works. A bit like the Larsen Omni. And there we go.
    That would be ideal but it will be a pretty heavy Omnibus with 49 or so issues. Like I said ideal and one which I would prefer OR alternatively cut out the 3 Maximum Carnage ASM issues and not include the other 11 issues but include #389-393 and that will give us 40 or so issues. In addition, we would have to pick up the Spider-Man Venom Omnibus.

  12. #11982
    Fantastic Member Russ840's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    England
    Posts
    366

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    That would be ideal but it will be a pretty heavy Omnibus with 49 or so issues. Like I said ideal and one which I would prefer OR alternatively cut out the 3 Maximum Carnage ASM issues and not include the other 11 issues but include #389-393 and that will give us 40 or so issues. In addition, we would have to pick up the Spider-Man Venom Omnibus.
    Yeah. That could be the route to take. You would have to include the Pursuit cross over issues though.

    Personally I’d prefer it the way I listed. It is a nice end to Micheline’s run.

    My overal goal is, based on the hope that they see print, to have all masterworks up to the clone saga and then all Omnibus beyond that.

  13. #11983
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    NC, USA
    Posts
    1,276

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Russ840 View Post
    Be nice for people for this gap to be filled. Not sure how to map it. I myself am happy with the next 10 years of masterworks to fill those gaps.
    This just sounds depressing lol. 10 YEARS to properly collect these issues smh

  14. #11984

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    Ah my bad.

    I'd like to see the gap between Stern and issue # 298 filled.
    Quote Originally Posted by Russ840 View Post
    Be nice for people for this gap to be filled. Not sure how to map it. I myself am happy with the next 10 years of masterworks to fill those gaps.
    Based on what's in the equivalent Epic Collections, the space between the Roger Stern and McFarlane Omnibii looks to be something like:

    ASM 253-295 (maybe worth reprinting 252 since it is the start of the Alien Costume story)
    ASM Annual 18-21
    Spider-man vs Wolverine
    Web of Spider-man 1,6, 29-33
    Spectacular Spider-man 131-133
    54 regular sized issues + 5 longer ones seems pretty big for one omni - maybe split it into 2 and put more of the Alien Costume content from MTU and SSM in it?

  15. #11985
    Fantastic Member OldManBrian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    334

    Default

    I've been wanting an Alien Costume Saga omni for a while. It's on my most wanted list every year. The ASM issues alone are 252-263 I think. Just put the contents of the two complete collections together and it's right at 1000 pages.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •