View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
407. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

40 9.83%
  • Deluxe

159 39.07%
  • Omnibus

156 38.33%
  • Absolute

101 24.82%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 663 of 663 FirstFirst ... 163563613653659660661662663
Results 9,931 to 9,934 of 9934
    Rookie Member

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    Gaiman actually recounts what happened in his Midnight Days OHC.
    He and Jamie Delano were set to succeed Veitch - each doing six issues a year.
    The annual was to be his first issue - and it ended up being his last as he was halfway through the first story when DC declined to publish a story that Veitch had written and Michael Zulli had pencilled, in which ST met Jesus.
    (On a side note, I recall this actually being complete and there were rumors that DC would eventually publish it when they published Warren Ellis' "Shoot" tale featuring Constantine, which DC at one point also declined to publish, which led Ellis to leaving Hellblazer.)
    Gaiman talks a little more about it, but I encourage all of you to pick up the OHC
    Sounds good! Thanks for that info. I know its a brutal sin around here, but I've actually never read the Sandman before. I'd like to, I have plans to get the Absolute editions, they're just pricy. I feel like I would be betraying fans if I got another Gaiman work before Sandman (although I DID get his Black Orchid mini series...)

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    Gaiman actually recounts what happened in his Midnight Days OHC.
    He and Jamie Delano were set to succeed Veitch - each doing six issues a year.
    The annual was to be his first issue - and it ended up being his last as he was halfway through the first story when DC declined to publish a story that Veitch had written and Michael Zulli had pencilled, in which ST met Jesus.
    (On a side note, I recall this actually being complete and there were rumors that DC would eventually publish it when they published Warren Ellis' "Shoot" tale featuring Constantine, which DC at one point also declined to publish, which led Ellis to leaving Hellblazer.)
    Gaiman talks a little more about it, but I encourage all of you to pick up the OHC
    What could have been, right? Imagine that legacy of consecutive writers on a single character with Vertigo-level maturity in the storytelling. Swamp Thing might have become the biggest thing in comics.

I actually think Ellis was in the wrong with Hellblazer. He should have demurred and agreed to let them delay publication of the Shoot story. It's not like they wanted to cancel it outright and given the mood of the country right after Columbine, publishing it just would have felt wrong. It just would have. That's just how it was. But Ellis is English so who knows how that feeling over here was filtering to him over there. 'Course he probably also wanted to rub the bloody idiot Yanks' noses in it so we'd get the message about our love affair with guns, and use the opportunity to make it sting as much as possible in the futile hope his words might have an effect. When it finally did see publication we were all just numb to it, as we've continued to be toward our weekly mass shootings. America, fuck yeah!

Gaiman's Black Orchid is highly underrated. It's such a beautiful story. Lyrical, almost, and the art is so pretty. It's a favorite of mine and no one seems to appreciate it enough. I'm glad to see some love!

Rookie Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Flicker Fade View Post

Gaiman's Black Orchid is highly underrated. It's such a beautiful story. Lyrical, almost, and the art is so pretty. It's a favorite of mine and no one seems to appreciate it enough. I'm glad to see some love!
    It was brilliant. I especially loved the art. It felt like a modern fairy tail to me. Its a shame it didn't gain the popularity Books of Magic received, but that's okay. I wonder if I'll ever see a collection of the Black Orchid ongoing that came out of it. One can dream.

Batman & The Outsiders
    Batman by Brian K. Vaughan
    Superman: The Man of Tomorrow Book One
    DC Universe by Mike Mignola

These books are going to be standard trimsize, right?