View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
310. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

    29 9.35%
  • Deluxe

    125 40.32%
  • Omnibus

    108 34.84%
  • Absolute

    86 27.74%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 397 of 397 FirstFirst ... 297347387393394395396397
Results 5,941 to 5,953 of 5953
  1. #5941
    Rookie Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    91

    Default

    What is Sweet Tooth like?
    Never read any Lemire at all and I'm intrigued.
    Thinking of picking up the Deluxes.

  2. #5942
    Senior Member legion_quest's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Southampton, UK
    Posts
    958

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Eddy82 View Post
    It's 10 or 11 issues, it's Morrison, so I think it is save to say it's gonna be a deluxe edition.
    Morrison wrote 130 through 138 with Millar, Millar then wrote 139-142 alone. Their run also features a cross over with Green Lantern and Green Arrow, so that could be two extra books.

    Internal art was by lots of different artists, but the covers were all by Steve Lightie, so a cover gallery could be a simply but effective bonus feature (seen as DC seems to like giving those).

    Either way, it wont be a very thick book and, despite everyone getting excited over it, isn't even that great of a short run. IMO, the covers really are the best think about the whole run, though the 'Black Flash' idea wasnt bad.
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

  3. #5943
    Eeexcellent! Balakin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Dundee, Scotland
    Posts
    1,846

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Whenitmatters View Post
    thanks guys. what is the general idea of the society, is it like jla or something different
    yeah, buncha heroes together fighting for justice, also taking care of the new generation of heroes (that's their niche). True classic superhero feel, big event type storylines and truth, justice and home made pie!
    Half the team is old heroes and the other half is younger legacy characters, which I think works really well.

  4. #5944
    Watching The Wheels wrkngclasshero's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    56

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Balltic05 View Post
    What is Sweet Tooth like?
    Never read any Lemire at all and I'm intrigued.
    Thinking of picking up the Deluxes.
    It's kinda like Y: The Last Man with a small confused boy (with antlers). It's great and the first volume is like $30 retail so I'm sure you can find it reasonably cheap online (when it's released that is).

    I already pre-ordered it.
    "A working class hero is something to be..." - J. Lennon

  5. #5945
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    266

    Default

    So all that being said, is the new GM/MM Flash worth getting? Especially for someone who's never read Flash stuff beyond his appearances in JLA and other characters books. I'm hoping that and the other announced Flash deluxe will be my gateways into the character.

  6. #5946

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by titansupes View Post
    So all that being said, is the new GM/MM Flash worth getting? Especially for someone who's never read Flash stuff beyond his appearances in JLA and other characters books. I'm hoping that and the other announced Flash deluxe will be my gateways into the character.
    Your gateways are already out. Get the Johns omnis and the Manapul stuff (or wait for the deluxe).

  7. #5947

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ari Gold View Post
    yeah, I don't think you'd like his Flash run.

    Go for his Hawkman omni though. I thoroughly enjoyed that.
    See I'm the opposite. I would say if you didn't like his GL then you're not going to like Hawkman and you SHOULD go with Flash. His Flash was the most interesting thing he has ever done and one of my favorite comic runs ever.

  8. #5948
    Veteran Member TomSlick's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,151

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TehJofus View Post
    People seem to be pretty excited about this Morrison/Millar Flash book, but how does it compare to Morrison's other stuff? And is this Millar at his best, when we was writing actual comics instead of potential movies?
    Millar's best was Ultimates vol. 1-2 in my opinion and very little compares to that awesomeness.
    So, no, it's not his best but it's pretty good.
    Also, I don't think Millar really started writing "potential movies" until after around the time he went mostly independent (i.e. Wanted, Kick-Ass, etc.). I understand what you mean and that writing style is somewhat annoying and a little offensive as a comic book reader, but that's just me.
    So, long story short, his Flash stuff was a lot more traditional in the writing.

  9. #5949
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    266

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Dark_Knight View Post
    Your gateways are already out. Get the Johns omnis and the Manapul stuff (or wait for the deluxe).
    Yeah, but I'm the type who needs to get all three omnis if I get the first. So in the interest in not destroying my bank account further, I'll stick with these to see if they do anything for me... after that all bets are off. :P

  10. #5950
    Senior Member legion_quest's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Southampton, UK
    Posts
    958

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by titansupes View Post
    Yeah, but I'm the type who needs to get all three omnis if I get the first. So in the interest in not destroying my bank account further, I'll stick with these to see if they do anything for me... after that all bets are off. :P
    I'd say wait for the Deluxe of the Menapul stuff then, or get the trades of the Johns stuff coming later this year. The Morrison/Miller stuff here is a) not a good introduction to the character b) really nothing special (2 real arcs, a crossover and a bunch of filler) and c) not a reflection on the current Flash anyway.
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

  11. #5951
    Newbie Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    28

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by titansupes View Post
    So all that being said, is the new GM/MM Flash worth getting? Especially for someone who's never read Flash stuff beyond his appearances in JLA and other characters books. I'm hoping that and the other announced Flash deluxe will be my gateways into the character.
    Its really just fill in issues during Waid's run, kind of like who Waid did fill-ins during Morrison's JLA around the same exact time. I recently read all of that Flash volume (starting at #20, I don't have anything before then.) And compared to some of Waid's more fill-in type issues, it is a stand-out. But it does read as part of the Waid run, so if you've never read that, don't bother.

    (BTW- I was kind of shocked that a lot of Waid's run doesn't hold up for me very well, that was my favorite comic at the time. I liked Johns a little more than I did at the time, but his weird tic on concentrating on villains instead of heroes I can't stand at all. I don't need the rogues to be real people. His weird obsession with "Sinestro as a hero" in the New52 part of GL too or all of the current Just League. Anyway, Messner-Loebs is by far the best part of that volume, its was more consistent than Waid and just as original.)
    Last edited by Noxex; Today at 07:19 AM.

  12. #5952

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by legion_quest View Post
    I'd say wait for the Deluxe of the Menapul stuff then, or get the trades of the Johns stuff coming later this year. The Morrison/Miller stuff here is a) not a good introduction to the character b) really nothing special (2 real arcs, a crossover and a bunch of filler) and c) not a reflection on the current Flash anyway.
    I know the new52 Manapul Flash is obviously gorgeous, but I thought the writing was boring and dropped it after a handful of issues. Does the story pick up enough steam to make it worth buying the deluxe edition, not just for the art?

  13. #5953
    Senior Member legion_quest's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Southampton, UK
    Posts
    958

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lake Nowhere View Post
    I know the new52 Manapul Flash is obviously gorgeous, but I thought the writing was boring and dropped it after a handful of issues. Does the story pick up enough steam to make it worth buying the deluxe edition, not just for the art?
    I thought so....though I have to admit that lovely art will allow me to forgive lacklustre storytelling
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •