View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
462. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

44 9.52%
  • Deluxe

185 40.04%
  • Omnibus

179 38.74%
  • Absolute

108 23.38%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 870 of 870 FirstFirst ... 370770820860866867868869870
Results 13,036 to 13,043 of 13043
    Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vilynne View Post
    By the way, anyone who's curious, Waid's Flash V.2 is pretty excellent. It starts off a little slow, but the final arc is amazing. The afterward is perfectly fitting as well. My only gripe is the Flash Annual #6, which was part of the much larger 1993, Bloodlines event. It barely has anything to do with the story, and its placed abruptly in the climax of the story arc. I understand how the arc ends on a high note, and thus a good way to end the trade as well...but still.

Regardless, I'm.pleased they maintained the GL issues, and they included all the material needed.
    Return of Barry Allen is probably the best Flash story ever. The only real competition is Geoff Johns' Blitz. (And for me, Flash: Rebirth, but I'm certainly in the extreme minority on that')

Yeah, as scummy as Jones apparently is, I still want to have the story in complete form. Both Waid and us readers deserve that much.
    Cyclops was right

Quote Originally Posted by FlashingSabre View Post
    Yeah, as scummy as Jones apparently is, I still want to have the story in complete form. Both Waid and us readers deserve that much.
    I agree. I was particularly pleased that the release went forward with the GL crossover issues.

Now we just need to get those JLI omnibi released. I'm hoping that since Jones was not the primary writer on those (he scripted JLE issues #14-35 over Giffen's plots and wrote #36) the volumes will come out with all the related issues.

Return of Barry Allen is probably the best Flash story ever. The only real competition is Geoff Johns' Blitz. (And for me, Flash: Rebirth, but I'm certainly in the extreme minority on that')

Having access to Johns' run, I read Blitz first, and found many similarities between the two. I'm sure Johns took inspiration from Waid.

Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar

Having access to Johns' run, I read Blitz first, and found many similarities between the two. I'm sure Johns took inspiration from Waid.
    The way the runs are built plays off of each other: Waid built up Wally and the supporting cast, and Johns revamped the villains, and told new stories using their combined set up.

And then DC took a giant steaming pile on all of that.
    Cyclops was right

The way the runs are built plays off of each other: Waid built up Wally and the supporting cast, and Johns revamped the villains, and told new stories using their combined set up.

And then DC took a giant steaming pile on all of that.
    Its strange, because I again, I read thongs backwards. Per say. I read Flash Rebirth before anything, and enjoyed it, but was still confused. Looking back on it now with all my knew Flash knowledge, I appreciate it so much more

What's the difference between Deluxe, Omnibus, and Absolute?

Quote Originally Posted by RememberCaseyJones View Post
    What's the difference between Deluxe, Omnibus, and Absolute?
    On a very simple level the only difference between deluxe and omnibus is page count. The page size and quality should be pretty much the same but an omnibus will be the equivalent of several deluxe stapled together.

An Absolute has a much bigger page size than a deluxe edition and comes with a slipcase and is generally considered the best possible version of the book, see soemthing like this video for a comparison between the COIE deluxe and Absolute, but remember that the Absolute came out many years before the deluxe.

By the way, anyone who's curious, Waid's Flash V.2 is pretty excellent. It starts off a little slow, but the final arc is amazing. The afterward is perfectly fitting as well. My only gripe is the Flash Annual #6, which was part of the much larger 1993, Bloodlines event. It barely has anything to do with the story, and its placed abruptly in the climax of the story arc. I understand how the arc ends on a high note, and thus a good way to end the trade as well...but still.

Regardless, I'm.pleased they maintained the GL issues, and they included all the material needed.
    Same here, I would have not bought this trade if the GL issues were skipped, its also nice to get GL 40 included as it was missing in the previous "Secret of Barry Allen" TPB

I have to say Annual 5 (Eclipso Tie in) included in Vol 1 was awful, the story made no sense what so ever and it was the only bad issue in the entire TPB!