View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
384. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

37 9.64%
  • Deluxe

154 40.10%
  • Omnibus

145 37.76%
  • Absolute

97 25.26%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 547 of 624 FirstFirst ... 47447497537543544545546547548549550551557597 ... LastLast
Results 8,191 to 8,205 of 9346

Quote Originally Posted by Orion View Post
    Any opinions on Chuck Dixon's original Nightwing run? Been contemplating picking up the trades.
    It is brilliant. Do so.

Any opinions on Chuck Dixon's original Nightwing run? Been contemplating picking up the trades.

Dixon wrote some seriously long streaks of Batman, Robin and Nightwing and for the most part it was always solid. Certainly, he's no Alan Moore or Geoff Johns, but the guy is way above average. I never felt like he ever phoned it in. So I'd certainly recommend that run. That said, Nightwing after he left went down hill very, very fast and the title was eventually canceled.

I've only read the first trade, but I really liked if.
    He's back he's back he's back!!!!!!

....so when is Rich Rider coming back?

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    Actually I think that was more Denny O'Neil who filled the writing chores between Miller's two runs.
    In an issue before DD #185 Matt is asked if he has lost his mind and replies: "I don't know" under Miller's pen
    While still grieving for Elektra he proposes to Heather out of leftfield
    Haven't read the O'Neil DD

JUSTICE LEAGUE OF AMERICA: THE SILVER AGE VOL. 1
    U.S. Price: $19.99
    On Sale 2/10

In stories from BRAVE AND THE BOLD #28-30, JUSTICE LEAGUE OF AMERICA #1-18 and MYSTERY IN SPACE #75, the World’s Greatest Heroes stand against intergalactic, mystical, and super-powered rogues Starro, Despero, Kanjar Ro, Dr. Destiny, Amos Fortune and Felix Faust!

This is from the DC site itself. Does that make it official and safe to order as it comes out or should I still wait for someone to report on what's in it because even the DC website can be wrong 3 days from publication? It's so frustrating not knowing if I can trust DC solicits.

Thrashing Like a Maniac! Gotham Thrasher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    On Sale 2/10

In stories from BRAVE AND THE BOLD #28-30, JUSTICE LEAGUE OF AMERICA #1-18 and MYSTERY IN SPACE #75, the World’s Greatest Heroes stand against intergalactic, mystical, and super-powered rogues Starro, Despero, Kanjar Ro, Dr. Destiny, Amos Fortune and Felix Faust!

This is from the DC site itself. Does that make it official and safe to order as it comes out or should I still wait for someone to report on what's in it because even the DC website can be wrong 3 days from publication? It's so frustrating not knowing if I can trust DC solicits.
    These guys have it listed the exact same way and they're usually right...but I don't know what to tell ya. That's a great bargain if it's true, might have to pick one up myself.
    http://www.tfaw.com/Graphic-Novels/P...l.-01___492268
    Make Mine DC!

The Adams/Batman omni got pushed back a little on Amazon.com. Where did everybody end up falling on that one? I've never read the material, but I'm desperate to considering how iconic the era is for Bats, and dat art... But are the stories all chopped up/missing issues? And if so, BADLY, or just missing some filler/connective tissue?

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    On Sale 2/10

Quote Originally Posted by Gotham Thrasher View Post
    These guys have it listed the exact same way and they're usually right...but I don't know what to tell ya. That's a great bargain if it's true, might have to pick one up myself.
    http://www.tfaw.com/Graphic-Novels/P...l.-01___492268
    Those are also the contents that comixology has for the digital edition, and they also have the page count coming in at 329 pages. The print edition will be a similar size (maybe a few pages up or down), so whatever the contents are, we know there's a lot of content

Thrashing Like a Maniac! Gotham Thrasher's Avatar

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post
    Those are also the contents that comixology has for the digital edition, and they also have the page count coming in at 329 pages. The print edition will be a similar size (maybe a few pages up or down), so whatever the contents are, we know there's a lot of content
    There ya go...its a bargain I tell ya!
    Make Mine DC!

Great, thanks everyone. Looks like a buy

Apologies if this has already been discussed and I missed it, but Amazon has a new listing for a trade collecting all 10 issues of the Justice Society of America series from 1992-93. This was the series that bridged the gap between the JSA's return from Limbo (where they'd been since the Crisis) and the original team's last battle in Zero Hour. It features the first appearance of Jesse Quick, Alan Scott taking Guy Gardner to school, and fantastic pencils by the gone-too-soon Mike Parobeck.

Justice Society of America: The Complete 1992 Series

Quote Originally Posted by The Lucky One View Post
    Apologies if this has already been discussed and I missed it, but Amazon has a new listing for a trade collecting all 10 issues of the Justice Society of America series from 1992-93. This was the series that bridged the gap between the JSA's return from Limbo (where they'd been since the Crisis) and the original team's last battle in Zero Hour. It features the first appearance of Jesse Quick, Alan Scott taking Guy Gardner to school, and fantastic pencils by the gone-too-soon Mike Parobeck.

Sick! I've been wanting to check this out.
    He's back he's back he's back!!!!!!

....so when is Rich Rider coming back?

thanks for the info! While it's a shame it's not hc at least it's more JSA!

Quote Originally Posted by batnbreakfast View Post
    In an issue before DD #185 Matt is asked if he has lost his mind and replies: "I don't know" under Miller's pen
    While still grieving for Elektra he proposes to Heather out of leftfield
    Haven't read the O'Neil DD
    Oh yeah, I forgot about that. He continued a somewhat spiral of madness under O'Neil and DD and Heather - as I recall - were engaged. Keep in mind, though, that they were sort of an off-again-on-again item for awhile.
    O'Neil' run is actually really cool. I'd love for Marvel to collect in one big OHC.
    Another cool part about it - to me anyway - is that for awhile it truly "ends" Miller's run and puts a cap on Bullseye. (The storyline I refer to runs from # 195 - 200.) In addition, it also serves as a nice prelude into Miller's second run. The Kingpin certainly has a reason to be pissed at DD.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

I have this run in single issue, but will still pick it up in support of more JSA releases.

I wonder why they didn't also include the 8 issue mini that preceded this series...?
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009