View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
492. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

46 9.35%
  • Deluxe

198 40.24%
  • Omnibus

193 39.23%
  • Absolute

112 22.76%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 976 of 976 FirstFirst ... 476876926966972973974975976
Results 14,626 to 14,636 of 14636

Will they ever solicit Titans Rebirth Deluxe Book One?

Anyone know if this is going to be a new standard to put out hardcover deluxe editions basically covering 3 standard TPB's? Just wondering because I've put off buying the first three Detective Comics Rebirth in favor to buy the Deluxe edition since it collects them all in that format. Kind of hoping they do this with Red Hood and the Outlaws as well.
    Azrael Online - The Source for all things Azrael

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kalitarix View Post
    GREEN LANTERN CORPS: BEWARE THEIR POWER VOL. 1 HC
    Written by STEVE ENGLEHART, ALAN MOORE and others
    Art by JOE STATON, MARK FARMER, IAN GIBSON, KEVIN O’NEILL and others
    Cover by JOE STATON and BRUCE PATTERSON
    Guy Gardner rejoins the Green Lanterns of Earth, Kilowog leads the battle against the Rocket Red Brigade, while Hector Hammond and Star Sapphire join forces to try and kill Hal Jordan. Plus: a night out on the town leads to ruined romances and nightmare visions.
    Collects GREEN LANTERN CORPS #207-215 and TALES OF THE GREEN LANTERN CORPS ANNUAL #2.
    On sale FEBRUARY 7 • 264 pg, FC, $39.99 US • ISBN: 978-1-4012-7750-5
    You know, I wondered if DC would EVER finish out collecting GLC to #224 with Sinestro & Mad God Sector 3600 (where they kill billions of lives actually, continuity fun fact, making like Sinestro basically a killer of billions). And it seems like DC is finally gonna collect these (with a Vol 1 & 2), which will add up to a good succession of GL trades in recent years covering the 80s and 90s.

You have so far:
    Green Lantern Sector 2814 Vols 1-3
    Tales of the Green Lantern Corps Vols 1-3
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; Today at 10:57 AM.
    Thank you America for voting for change.

Quote Originally Posted by ER Prest View Post
    Nah. I'm not too worried yet.

Hell, we just got a Ennis Max Punisher and Aaron Wolverine 2 Omnibuses announced from marvel.

Anythings possible.
    Two different companies, including one that’s known for abandoning ship in the middle of a series.

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    You know, I wondered if DC would EVER finish out collecting GLC to #224 with Sinestro & Mad God Sector 3600 (where they kill billions of lives actually, continuity fun fact, making like Sinestro basically a killer of billions). And it seems like DC is finally gonna collect these, which will add up to a good succession of GL trades in recent years covering the 80s and early 90s.
    This is kind of cool. I wish they’re were oversized (I’m assuming they’re not, like the recently collected Batman stuff.)

Anyone know anything about the new Sebastian O/Mystery Play hardcover that just came out? Standard size? Oversized? Amazon lists it as standard, just want to confirm

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ER Prest View Post
    Anyone know anything about the new Sebastian O/Mystery Play hardcover that just came out? Standard size? Oversized? Amazon lists it as standard, just want to confirm
    Amazon is conflicted, the details section says it's Deluxe. I'm betting Deluxe.
    Thank you America for voting for change.

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    Two different companies, including one that’s known for abandoning ship in the middle of a series.
    This is quite true, but I was trying to be a bit more hopeful with anything happening

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    Amazon is conflicted, the details section says it's Deluxe. I'm betting Deluxe.
    Yea, that's why I'm hoping someone can confirm. I hope it is deluxe sized to match the other Morrison deluxes

Mighty Member

[QUOTE=TomSlick;3172362]Two different companies, including one that’s known for abandoning ship in the middle of a series.

But no precedent for absolutes afaik. Plus, one of the creators (Robertson?) confirmed v3 for next year i believe. Either way, not buying v2 until v3 is solicited.

[QUOTE=awayne83;3172746]
    Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post

But no precedent for absolutes afaik. Plus, one of the creators (Robertson?) confirmed v3 for next year i believe. Either way, not buying v2 until v3 is solicited.
    A precedent has to start somewhere - haha!
    I believe you’re right about Robertson but DC could always just say “screw it!”
    Absolute Y was announced at the same time as Transmet and it’s finished. Preacher was announced a short time later if I’m not mistaken and volume 3 has been solicited or its up on Amazon.
    That’s why I have a concern about it, especially with their recent cancellations like Sandman and the new collected Rebirth books.

[QUOTE=TomSlick;3173088]
    Quote Originally Posted by awayne83 View Post

A precedent has to start somewhere - haha!
    I believe you’re right about Robertson but DC could always just say “screw it!”
    Absolute Y was announced at the same time as Transmet and it’s finished. Preacher was announced a short time later if I’m not mistaken and volume 3 has been solicited or its up on Amazon.
    That’s why I have a concern about it, especially with their recent cancellations like Sandman and the new collected Rebirth books.
    I took a look at a couple of their past Absolute releases, the longest wait between consecutive volumes was Sandman 4 to 5, which was 3 years. Now, 5 was "extra" material that wasn't the main series.

It is puzzling though. Ellis is a hot writer, and Robertson is fantastic

Edit: I just tweet Robertson and he said it's set for 2018. Didn't give a month, so we'll see
    Last edited by ER Prest; Today at 04:21 PM.