View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
492. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

    46 9.35%
  • Deluxe

    198 40.24%
  • Omnibus

    193 39.23%
  • Absolute

    112 22.76%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 973 of 976 FirstFirst ... 473873923963969970971972973974975976 LastLast
Results 14,581 to 14,595 of 14636
  1. #14581
    Mighty Member Vilynne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    1,173

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    Where do I go after Moore SotST?
    Depends. Are you looking for similar content? Or looking for the next series of issues?

  2. #14582
    Mighty Member Vilynne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    1,173

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    No questions, but I'm sure I'm not the only one who would love some pics...
    I never can get the upload picture feature here to work (I'm always on mobile) and imgur doesn't let you upload from their website anymore. So here's the best I got. Sorry for the bad lightning. Includes a forward by Len!

    https://postimg.org/gallery/28b6prmqk/

  3. #14583
    Spectacular Member pjerooo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    103

    Default

    Looks nice Could you please take photos of Wein's foreword? I'd love to read it

  4. #14584
    Incredible Member ER Prest's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    787

    Default

    Can anyone confirm the contents of the Justice League International Omnibus? Mines still in the mail

  5. #14585
    Mighty Member Vilynne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    1,173

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pjerooo View Post
    Looks nice Could you please take photos of Wein's foreword? I'd love to read it
    https://postimg.org/gallery/11ylzxhuk/

    Sorry for the lighting again. I took a few different ones, hopefully you can read all of it between them. Its dated 1991, which is unfortunate that we couldn't get something more recent. Its still nice to read about Len and ST. I would've been real impressed if they added something for the Pasko run. Regardless, I feel an Alan Moore omni can't be too far off.

  6. #14586
    Spectacular Member pjerooo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    103

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vilynne View Post
    https://postimg.org/gallery/11ylzxhuk/

    Sorry for the lighting again. I took a few different ones, hopefully you can read all of it between them. Its dated 1991, which is unfortunate that we couldn't get something more recent. Its still nice to read about Len and ST. I would've been real impressed if they added something for the Pasko run. Regardless, I feel an Alan Moore omni can't be too far off.
    Thanks a ton

  7. #14587
    Mighty Member Johnny Thunders!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    WGBS
    Posts
    1,419

    Default

    I was going to ask for pictures of Nestor Redondo's work but I checked Google Images and that stuff looks fantastic as well. I ended up passing on the Bronze Age Swamp Thing Book but it looks great.

  8. #14588
    Mighty Member Vilynne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    1,173

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Thunders! View Post
    I was going to ask for pictures of Nestor Redondo's work but I checked Google Images and that stuff looks fantastic as well. I ended up passing on the Bronze Age Swamp Thing Book but it looks great.
    He really has those clean lines and really gives the book that old school horror vibe.

  9. #14589
    Mighty Member Johnny Thunders!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    WGBS
    Posts
    1,419

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vilynne View Post
    He really has those clean lines and really gives the book that old school horror vibe.

    I read the Wrightson/Wein stuff after the Alan Moore stuff and I was surprised how much of that stuff sets up themes and ideas that Moore would use.

    Looking at the Redondo stuff makes me think the same thing, especially the way they play with the logo on the title pages.

  10. #14590
    Mighty Member Vilynne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    1,173

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Thunders! View Post
    I read the Wrightson/Wein stuff after the Alan Moore stuff and I was surprised how much of that stuff sets up themes and ideas that Moore would use.

    Looking at the Redondo stuff makes me think the same thing, especially the way they play with the logo on the title pages.
    Yes! Moore certainly did his homework. And as much as I dig Faboks work, it doesn't really compare to Redondo or Totleben and Bissette.

  11. #14591
    Out Fighting for Peace! AJpyro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    6,128

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vilynne View Post
    Depends. Are you looking for similar content? Or looking for the next series of issues?
    Next in the series please?
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

  12. #14592
    Mighty Member Vilynne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    1,173

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    Next in the series please?
    That would be Rick Veitch, who wrote #65-87 #65-81 was collected in a now OoP 3 volumes. I believe volume 4 was to finish #81-88, but #88 contained the tabor ST meets Jesus issues, which got Vietch off ST.

    To my knowledge, the rest of Swamp Thing remains uncollected, up until #140 I believe. Doug Wheeler took over from #88-109, and Nancy A. Collins took over #110-138. I believe #139 was part of the Black Orchid mini crossover. #140 on was co written by Morrison and Millar for the first 4 issues, before Millar took over by himself, until the end of the series at #171. These are collected in three tpbs, Swamp Thing Root of all Evil, Darker Genesis and Trail by Fire.

    After that was the Brain K. Vaughn 12 issue series about an adult Tefé Holland, and then the Andy Diggle (and others) brought the series back for 21 issues (iirc), before Swamp Thing finally returned in Brightest Day, and into the New 52.

  13. #14593
    Astonishing Member TomSlick's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,906

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vilynne View Post
    That would be Rick Veitch, who wrote #65-87 #65-81 was collected in a now OoP 3 volumes. I believe volume 4 was to finish #81-88, but #88 contained the tabor ST meets Jesus issues, which got Vietch off ST.

    To my knowledge, the rest of Swamp Thing remains uncollected, up until #140 I believe. Doug Wheeler took over from #88-109, and Nancy A. Collins took over #110-138. I believe #139 was part of the Black Orchid mini crossover. #140 on was co written by Morrison and Millar for the first 4 issues, before Millar took over by himself, until the end of the series at #171. These are collected in three tpbs, Swamp Thing Root of all Evil, Darker Genesis and Trail by Fire.

    After that was the Brain K. Vaughn 12 issue series about an adult Tefé Holland, and then the Andy Diggle (and others) brought the series back for 21 issues (iirc), before Swamp Thing finally returned in Brightest Day, and into the New 52.
    The BKV series went more than 12 issues. I think it was 18 to 20. There also was a recent six issue mini that Wein wrote that was pretty decent.

  14. #14594
    Astonishing Member TomSlick's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,906

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ER Prest View Post
    Can anyone confirm the contents of the Justice League International Omnibus? Mines still in the mail
    JL 1-6
    JLI 7-25
    JLA 26-30
    JL Annual 1
    JLI annual 2-3
    JLE 1-6
    Suicide Squad 13

  15. #14595
    All-New Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    2

    Default

    Now that Absolute Authority is out, can someone list the complete contents?

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •