View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
156. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

14 8.97%
  • Deluxe

62 39.74%
  • Omnibus

52 33.33%
  • Absolute

55 35.26%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 85 of 85 FirstFirst ... 35758182838485
Results 1,261 to 1,265 of 1265

Quote Originally Posted by The_Dark_Knight View Post
    Honestly, I wouldn't be in favor of this addition. I think that the Absolute is already very comprehensive - DC could have easily split the series into 2 Absolutes with 12 issues each at $100 a pop, but instead we get every Batman Inc issue in the stunning Absolute format. This continues a welcome trend from DC of treating Absolutes almost like omniboo in terms of how comprehensive they are. Blackest Night continued all BN and all tie-in GL issues instead of the originally planned BN-only book. Top Ten included all 12 Top Ten issues, the entire Smax mini, and the entire 49ers mini, ASBAR included issue 10 when we all thought it would only contain 1-9, and Haunted Knight is going to throw in Catwoman When in Rome (a story completed unrelated to the Haunted a knight stories) just because it's the only other Loeb/Sale Bat-related book not collected in Absolute. The only series that has bucked this trend have been the Superman/Batman series which could have included all the Loeb issues in a book the same size as Absolute Top Ten.
    Does absolute blackest night include the full Green Lantern issues (43-52) or just parts of the issues that are relevant to the main storyline? I really hate it when books only include portions of issues.

Its full issues but they left the john stewart issue out

So this is going to cause some angst.

Just got an email from Barnes & Noble, the Buy 2 get 1 Free is back on for a few days (finishes on the 27th) on all DC books. Absolutes, Omnibus you name it. I priced up JSA Omni, 52 Omni and Absolute Blackest night for fun and came to $200US shipped to NZ so pretty damn cheap like the last couple of times.

Now as a gentle reminder, there has been some anguish about B&N shipping in the past with a lot of books arriving with damage/poor packaging and other books not being shipped and held up for various reasons from the last round of Buy 2 get 1 free. I believe the hold ups were due to pre-ordering. So caveat emptor.

Personally I would order if it wasn't such a heavy month of new release books.

Quote Originally Posted by NZ_InFerno View Post

Just got an email from Barnes & Noble, the Buy 2 get 1 Free is back on for a few days (finishes on the 27th) on all DC books. Absolutes, Omnibus you name it. I priced up JSA Omni, 52 Omni and Absolute Blackest night for fun and came to $200US shipped to NZ so pretty damn cheap like the last couple of times.

Now as a gentle reminder, there has been some anguish about B&N shipping in the past with a lot of books arriving with damage/poor packaging and other books not being shipped and held up for various reasons from the last round of Buy 2 get 1 free. I believe the hold ups were due to pre-ordering. So caveat emptor.

Personally I would order if it wasn't such a heavy month of new release books.
    Had there not been any complaints about their shipping on this forum, I would've jumped at the opportunity and ordered at least two Absolutes. Chalk one up for Internet forums. I hope B&N become aware of these problems and try to solve them.
    An unabashed DC Fanboy (who gives Marvel credit where credit is due).

Quote Originally Posted by NZ_InFerno View Post

That's weird but it is not about ALL DC books. Flash omnibus vol. 1 doesn't participate in this program, for example (and I don't know why)