View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
515. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

49 9.51%
  • Deluxe

206 40.00%
  • Omnibus

204 39.61%
  • Absolute

117 22.72%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1072 of 1072 FirstFirst ... 725729721022106210681069107010711072
Results 16,066 to 16,079 of 16079

Quote Originally Posted by Graphic Autist View Post
    The very beginning of Moore's run falls in the category of Bronze Age, but the bulk of his work was after Crisis, which is where the "modern age" began. So you're mostly correct.
    Yeah I don't think anybody would consider Moore's run bronze age.

Astonishing Member Captain Craig's Avatar

The Bronze Age is still roughly 1970-1980 is it not?
    I don't know where Moore's run begins but if those are the parameters of Bronze Age it shouldn't be too hard to determine the classification of the Age.

Besides, we are overdue an official sliding scale of the 'Modern Age'. Time for the powers that be to officially label a New Age, the fact that currently the 'Modern Age' covers me from elementary school to having a 7mo old daughter of my own is a bit ridiculous.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Spectacular Member

Regardless of what period it is in, Moores Swamp thing will simply be Swamp Thing by Alan Moore. Much like Kamandi is Jack Kirby Kamandi and not Kamandi Bronze Age Vol 1.

That’s if we do get an Omni. I saw somewhere that it’s getting the Absolute treatment but seem to have missed the solicitation, if there was one?

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Russ840 View Post
    That’s if we do get an Omni. I saw somewhere that it’s getting the Absolute treatment but seem to have missed the solicitation, if there was one?
    Yes It "appears" to be going the Absolute route first which delays an omnibus for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by RamblingMan View Post
    Regardless of what period it is in, Moores Swamp thing will simply be Swamp Thing by Alan Moore. Much like Kamandi is Jack Kirby Kamandi and not Kamandi Bronze Age Vol 1.
    Exactly. Just by a marketing stand point, it would be foolish not to market it as such, seeing as it sells EXTREMELY well.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Russ840 View Post
    No solicitation yet, but online book seller catalogs have shown an Absolute Swamp Thing Volume 1, so be on the lookout for the solicit sometime this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    The Bronze Age is still roughly 1970-1980 is it not?
    I don't know where Moore's run begins but if those are the parameters of Bronze Age it shouldn't be too hard to determine the classification of the Age.

Besides, we are overdue an official sliding scale of the 'Modern Age'. Time for the powers that be to officially label a New Age, the fact that currently the 'Modern Age' covers me from elementary school to having a 7mo old daughter of my own is a bit ridiculous.
    We are way overdue a redo of the eras, Bronze Age I think starts with GL/GA #76 and ends I’d say with COIE’s #12... So everything since has been labelled Modern Age, but it’s longer than both the Silver and Bronze combined.
    1986 - roughly 2000, needs to be reclassified as a particular era, maybe then 2000 - to pre Rebirth as another?
    This is of course if we’re strictly looking at eras only involving the DC universe, include others and it’s not so straight forward.

Quick question. Apparently I ordered the Batman Dark knight detectives volume 1 trade last year. In my memory I ordered this because it was a hardcover and it conained the Year 2 storyline. Now that I get it, it appears that it contains everything but the Year 2 stuff (and it is a tpb), even though according to Amazon this should still be the case. Did I miss something or did the change the content over time?

This is the book I'm talking about: https://www.amazon.com/Batman-Dark-K...tective+vol.+1

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Eddy82 View Post
    Quick question. Apparently I ordered the Batman Dark knight detectives volume 1 trade last year. In my memory I ordered this because it was a hardcover and it conained the Year 2 storyline. Now that I get it, it appears that it contains everything but the Year 2 stuff (and it is a tpb), even though according to Amazon this should still be the case. Did I miss something or did the change the content over time?

This is the book I'm talking about: https://www.amazon.com/Batman-Dark-K...tective+vol.+1
    For DC collections, the Amazon listings are often inaccurate. I got burned on the DC Universe by John Byrne collection expecting to get the Worlds of Smallville and Worlds of Metropolis minis. You need to check the solicitations to get a better description of DC collections.

Astonishing Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

From IDW's July solicitations:

Jim Lee DC Legends Artifact Edition

Jim Lee began his career at Marvel comics in the mid-1980s. Rising in popularity at a rapid pace, he soon took over the company’s flagship title and made it his own: The X-Men. In the ‘90s, Lee formed his own company, WildStorm Productions, which was later bought by DC Comics, allowing the artist the opportunity to draw the adventures of some of comics’ oldest and most iconic superheroes: Batman, Superman, and Wonder Woman, to name a few.
    This Artifact Edition will focus on the last 25 years of Jim Lee’s storied career, showcasing his rendition of the Dark Knight Detective, as well as the last Son of Krypton, all the while placing his own unique stamp on each character. Additionally, there will be examples of*WildC.A.T.s*and other pre-DC work.
    As with all Artifact Editions, each page will be scanned from the original art, offering a unique look at the creative process of one of the most popular and creative artists working in the field. The only way you could get a better look at Jim Lee’s original art is if you were sitting next to him at his drawing board!
    IDW Publishing pioneered Artist’s Edition type books and to date they have won five prestigious Eisner Awards.
    HC • BW • $125 • 144 pages • 12” x 17” • ISBN: 978-1-68405-442-8
    Bullet points: Advance solicited for September release!

Mighty Member

Damn. Finally. Been waiting for some kind if Lee artist edition. Hopefully there's a fair amount if his Marvel work included, although the abscence of specifics isn't exactly promising. And that's the cover they went with for this collection?

So, there's this comic book convention that I'll be attending in a couple of weeks, and Scott Snyder and Greg Capullo will be there and sign books and have a Q&A and all that. I really enjoyed their Batman run and even Dark Nights Metal. But the latter story's deluxe edition won't be released yet when they're here, so my choice for their autograph will be my favorite Batman story by them, The Court of Owls.

My question to you fellow collected edition fans is, which would be the definitive edition of this storyline in your opinion? The normal HC? The Absolute edition? The Unwrapped edition? The Noir edition? I know for sure that my favorite DC format to read is the deluxe (oversized, not as unwieldy as an Absolute, in color) but the previously mentioned releases were the only oversized options as far as I know.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by JJ87 View Post
    So, there's this comic book convention that I'll be attending in a couple of weeks, and Scott Snyder and Greg Capullo will be there and sign books and have a Q&A and all that. I really enjoyed their Batman run and even Dark Nights Metal. But the latter story's deluxe edition won't be released yet when they're here, so my choice for their autograph will be my favorite Batman story by them, The Court of Owls.

My question to you fellow collected edition fans is, which would be the definitive edition of this storyline in your opinion? The normal HC? The Absolute edition? The Unwrapped edition? The Noir edition? I know for sure that my favorite DC format to read is the deluxe (oversized, not as unwieldy as an Absolute, in color) but the previously mentioned releases were the only oversized options as far as I know.
    Out of those, I'd have to go the Absolute.