View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
321. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

32 9.97%
  • Deluxe

130 40.50%
  • Omnibus

110 34.27%
  • Absolute

87 27.10%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 433 of 433 FirstFirst ... 333383423429430431432433
Results 6,481 to 6,488 of 6488

I just finished GL Vol. 1 a couple of weeks ago, my first time with the material. It was a great read, and there were only one or two incidents in which I felt I was missing something major - namely Kyle becoming Ion.

Quote Originally Posted by titansupes View Post
    I just finished GL Vol. 1 a couple of weeks ago, my first time with the material. It was a great read, and there were only one or two incidents in which I felt I was missing something major - namely Kyle becoming Ion.
    Just want to be clear that I'm talking about the complete run of Johns' GL, not just the first volume.
    "There is a difference between you and me. We both looked into the abyss, but when it looked back at us... you blinked."

Rookie Member

I read Johns gl years ago with corps as well. And only made it about half way through corps. I don't remember corps intertwining to mu h with the main series except for a few concepts. But it has been a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Knight1047 View Post
    Just want to be clear that I'm talking about the complete run of Johns' GL, not just the first volume.
    Fair enough, guess I won't know about the rest until I actually get to it. But as far as Vol. 1 goes, I think we're okay.

I will say this though - While I loved the whole book (other than the few issues that made up the Star Sapphire arc) I thought many of the high-points were made up of GLC issues. Really entertaining when the whole gang (and then some) is together.

Rookie Member

All of this talk is making me consider the corps hcs but I would hate to have to flip between the stand size corps hc and Johns omni.

Also really hoping one day we can Johns justice league in omni. Im pretty sure it gonna happen after a while its over.

Quote Originally Posted by mtop2036 View Post
    What's the better read Johns jsa or johns gl?
    JSA Vol. 3 > GL. Vol 1 & 2 > JSA Vol. 1 & 2

Johns is best on his own, and with JSA Vol. 1 & 2 he was co-writing. JSA Vol 3 wins because it's a long semi-sequel/prequel to Kingdom Come, which is in my top 5. If you aren't a huge fan of Kingdom Come, then I'd say GL Vol. 1, because it contains Sinestro Corps War.

They're all great, though. Just about tied. If you included his Flash run, then it's a different story. That's my favorite Johns work by far.
    Last edited by csista; Today at 12:02 AM.

Kingdom Come 20th Anniversary Deluxe Edition is now up for pre-order on Amazon.com. $39.99... Pretty steep... But damn it, I pre-ordered.

I am glad they did the Green Lantern omnis the way they did. The only story I thought was bad in the first one was the Green Lantern Corps recharge mini that killed all the momentum up to that point.

Guy was fun in the JLI issues, John was good on the cartoon, Kyle started out good, but none of the non Hal Jordan Lanterns are interesting for very long.