View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
510. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

49 9.61%
  • Deluxe

205 40.20%
  • Omnibus

200 39.22%
  • Absolute

117 22.94%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1043 of 1043 FirstFirst ... 43543943993103310391040104110421043
Results 15,631 to 15,640 of 15640

Quote Originally Posted by FlashingSabre View Post
    That Deathstroke series was hot garbage. Who ever sign off on it should lose a paycheck.
    Although I don't mind his art, I'm not sure I've liked anything Daniel has written. This is an easy pass for me.

Astonishing Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bob/.schoonover View Post
    Honestly, if you're wanting something to go with Batman by Morrison, I'd suggest just getting the FC tpb (unless you have a compulsion to have your books all the same height, in which case this is your only option). FC fits chronologically after Batman by Morrison v1 (in fact, if you're reading for the first time, don't read Batman 682-683 in the Batman by Morrison volume and read them where they belong - in the middle of FC as they are in the TPB).

The FC omnibus contains the FC tpb/Absolute contents + some Club Dark Side tie-ins (I have not read them, but CDS does not really play into the narrative from Morrison too much so they are, at best, good unrelated content); Legion of 3 Worlds (it tells you what Superman was doing during an absence, but doesn't add to the narrative - only really worthwhile if you are on a Superman by Johns kick); Revelations (follow up to Question: Five Books of Blood more than an FC book); Rogues Revenge (Inessential unless you're on a Flash kick and want the follow up to the Bart Allen series or just like Johns writing the Rogues); and a couple FC-branded titles that deal with peripheral events.

Then there is the double-dipping stuff - The first run of Batman issues (RIP + FC tie ins) are in Morrison v1, the second (701-702) will almost certainly be in Morrison v2 (and reading them before reading Return of Bruce Wayne will . . . not spoil, but reveal early the nature of Bruce's travails in that series).

If you're just looking for something to supplement reading Batman by Morrison, strong recommendation to just get the FC tpb and read that right after v1.
    Thank you. That does help a lot.

According to the facebook page, Amazon sent out a note, letting folks know that volume 5 Golden Age Batman omnibus has been cancelled.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    According to the facebook page, Amazon sent out a note, letting folks know that volume 5 Golden Age Batman omnibus has been cancelled.
    Still accepting pre-orders on Amazon. Nothing on its actual page.

https://www.amazon.com/Batman-Golden...ZQ675NY9AX4QAY
    Thank you America for voting for change.

Astonishing Member Captain Craig's Avatar

What is their source?
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Astonishing Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

That would be quite strange as IIRC, out of all the GA Omnibuses, the Batman ones have experienced the highest sales figures.

Fantastic Member

I had a cancellation e-mail from amazon today about this! Really annoyed as I was looking forward to finally getting past the Batman/Detective archives and had locked in a great pre-order price for it!

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Text of the email anyone? Does it say anything notable? Or just generic and empty?

If true, it could be delay by DC perhaps. Resolicit a year from now maybe.
    Thank you America for voting for change.

Spectacular Member

Bummer if this is cancelled. Hopefully it is just delayed. I just think that unfortunately there are diminishing returns for multiple volume omnibus series the longer it goes on. Probably a good reason why there are more 1000+page and higher volumes (up to 1500 pages) coming out from DC.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    Text of the email anyone? Does it say anything notable? Or just generic and empty?

If true, it could be delay by DC perhaps. Resolicit a year from now maybe.
    E-mail I got from Amazon UK:

Hello,

We regret to report that the release of the following item has been cancelled:

Not Available "Batman The Golden Age Omnibus Vol. 5"

Our supplier has informed us that this item is no longer available. This item has now been cancelled from your order and we can confirm that you have not been charged for it.

Please accept our apologies for any disappointment or inconvenience caused.