View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
508. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

    49 9.65%
  • Deluxe

    205 40.35%
  • Omnibus

    199 39.17%
  • Absolute

    116 22.83%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1025 of 1025 FirstFirst ... 25525925975101510211022102310241025
Results 15,361 to 15,375 of 15375
  1. #15361
    Incredible Member ER Prest's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    882

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    I know it's blasphemous, but I just might like Jamie Delano's Animal Man better than Morrison's; that run is completed by the available trades.

    Jerry Prosser wrapped up the series with #80-89, and his stuff is... weird. I'd buy it again if DC decided to collect it, but I'm pretty sure I'm in the minority. By the end, the characters were almost unrecognizable.
    I'll probably pick them up anyway. I like Delano . And I'd probably pick up the hypothetical last trade of Prosser just to be a completionist in all honestly.

    Related: When is DC going to release an omnibus of Lemire's Animal man? I figured we would have had it by now.

  2. #15362
    Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    San Jose, CA USA
    Posts
    2,826

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    Didn't Delano actually first coin the term "the red"?
    If so, that's certainly a contribution to the character. Granted it would have been based off of "the green" but still.
    As far as I know, he did. Jeff Lemire's run borrowed heavily from Delano's, which is probably why I love that one too.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009
    7,869

  3. #15363
    Astonishing Member TomSlick's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,106

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    As far as I know, he did. Jeff Lemire's run borrowed heavily from Delano's, which is probably why I love that one too.
    Lemire's run was top notch. Yes, he used the "red" as well. Lemire and Synder really ran with that concept "the rot"...etc. In a way, they did to Animal Man and Swamp Thing what Geoff Johns did to Green Lantern and the color spectrum. I think some credit goes to Mark Millar as well, since he touched on the various elements (he didn't name them after colors) in his final year on Swamp Thing. (But I digress.)

    I'd love a Lemire omnibus and a Soule OHC ST.

  4. #15364
    Mighty Member Vilynne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    1,227

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    Lemire's run was top notch. Yes, he used the "red" as well. Lemire and Synder really ran with that concept "the rot"...etc. In a way, they did to Animal Man and Swamp Thing what Geoff Johns did to Green Lantern and the color spectrum. I think some credit goes to Mark Millar as well, since he touched on the various elements (he didn't name them after colors) in his final year on Swamp Thing. (But I digress.)

    I'd love a Lemire omnibus and a Soule OHC ST.
    Lemires AM is probably my favorite N52 series. It was an incredible and thrilling ride. I was in love with Lemire after that. But I sadly found none of his succeeding work to be as enjoyable, or on par, in terms of quality.

  5. #15365
    All-New Member AlecHolland's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    27

    Default

    What are the chances of some war comics omnis? I’m thinking a weird war tales or gi combat would be very cool. What age era omnis do you think will come soon? (New vol 1s)

  6. #15366

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AlecHolland View Post
    What are the chances of some war comics omnis? I’m thinking a weird war tales or gi combat would be very cool. What age era omnis do you think will come soon? (New vol 1s)
    DC have been quite cautious with the GA, SA & BA lines as they probably want to avoid flooding the market. Most of the new lines have been for popular characters (Superman, Batman & Wonder Woman) or media tie-ins (Supergirl, Suicide Squad). IF the upcoming House Of Secrets The Bronze Age Omnibus sells well I wouldn't be surprised to see them try other non-superhero lines such as the war books.

  7. #15367
    Mighty Member Hellboydce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Shrewsbury
    Posts
    1,414

    Default

    Is Absolute Sandman 5 worth getting? just realised i don't have it but i seem to recall being told not to bother for some reason

  8. #15368
    All-New Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    27

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    I'd be totally on board for all of the Connor issues to be collected; #102 - 137 would fit nicely in a couple of fat trades...
    So would I, but I don't think the Connor Hawke portion of Dixon's run can be collected in just two volumes, thanks to the amount of crossovers with other books. I'd particularly love to see the "Brotherhood of the Fist" crossover with Dixon's Bat-books collected in full for once. Her's how I'd map it in three volumes:

    Book One - Green Arrow #102-114, Robin #25 and Green Lantern #76-77

    Book Two - Green Arrow #115-129 and Green Lantern #92

    Book Three - Green Arrow #130-137 and #1,000,0000, Green Lantern #96 and #104, The Flash #135, Detective Comics #723, Robin #55 and Nightwing #23.

  9. #15369
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    New Brunswick Canada
    Posts
    132

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AlecHolland View Post
    What are the chances of some war comics omnis? I’m thinking a weird war tales or gi combat would be very cool. What age era omnis do you think will come soon? (New vol 1s)
    I would love this! Even a series of trades would be nice for weird war tales. One of my favourite comics growing up. I used to pick old issues up for like 25cents each whenever I came across them.

  10. #15370
    Amazing Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    51

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hellboydce View Post
    Is Absolute Sandman 5 worth getting? just realised i don't have it but i seem to recall being told not to bother for some reason
    It is essentially Absolute Endless Nights and Dream Hunters. If you already have those in other formats and are happy with then, then no need. But if you want to see nice big Endless Nights art, it's worth it. Plus it just looks awesome next to the other four volumes.

  11. #15371
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    The north.
    Posts
    1,331

    Default

    Noticed Mister Miracle vol 1 not being listedon either dc or amazon dot com.

    Wonder if that means theyll collect the whole run in one book instead of two. Wouldnt mind if it went straight to absolute

  12. #15372
    Astonishing Member TomSlick's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,106

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vilynne View Post
    Lemires AM is probably my favorite N52 series. It was an incredible and thrilling ride. I was in love with Lemire after that. But I sadly found none of his succeeding work to be as enjoyable, or on par, in terms of quality.
    His Green Arrow was really good although at the time it was hard for me because it wasn't my Green Arrow and I never liked what happened to the character with the New 52. That said, it's a good story line.

    I read his Moon Knight and wasn't impressed. Every issue was pretty much the same. His Old Man Logan was only a little bit better.

    He and Snyder collaborated on AD After Death, which I really enjoyed although I think Snyder did most of the writing. And Sweet Tooth wasn't bad if you can get past some easily predictably events in the first few arcs. I'm currently readying Royal City, which is a pretty moody comic on a family and I'm really digging it but it's probably not for everyone.

    Also, I'll eventually check out Descender.

  13. #15373
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    New Brunswick Canada
    Posts
    132

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    His Green Arrow was really good although at the time it was hard for me because it wasn't my Green Arrow and I never liked what happened to the character with the New 52. That said, it's a good story line.

    I read his Moon Knight and wasn't impressed. Every issue was pretty much the same. His Old Man Logan was only a little bit better.

    He and Snyder collaborated on AD After Death, which I really enjoyed although I think Snyder did most of the writing. And Sweet Tooth wasn't bad if you can get past some easily predictably events in the first few arcs. I'm currently readying Royal City, which is a pretty moody comic on a family and I'm really digging it but it's probably not for everyone.

    Also, I'll eventually check out Descender.
    I enjoyed Green Arrow and Moon Knight. Lemires Black Hammer is excellent and the best Lemire I have read.

  14. #15374
    Astonishing Member TomSlick's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,106

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RamblingMan View Post
    I enjoyed Green Arrow and Moon Knight. Lemires Black Hammer is excellent and the best Lemire I have read.
    Forgot about that. I read the first tpb and liked it.

  15. #15375
    Mighty Member Vilynne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    1,227

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    His Green Arrow was really good although at the time it was hard for me because it wasn't my Green Arrow and I never liked what happened to the character with the New 52. That said, it's a good story line.

    I read his Moon Knight and wasn't impressed. Every issue was pretty much the same. His Old Man Logan was only a little bit better.

    He and Snyder collaborated on AD After Death, which I really enjoyed although I think Snyder did most of the writing. And Sweet Tooth wasn't bad if you can get past some easily predictably events in the first few arcs. I'm currently readying Royal City, which is a pretty moody comic on a family and I'm really digging it but it's probably not for everyone.

    Also, I'll eventually check out Descender.
    His GA run was pretty solid, I enjoyed it. Descender is...decent. Kind of reminds me of A.I mixed in with another film I can't remember the name of. I loved the idea of him on Moon Knight, and later Thanos, but both seemed extremely underwhelming.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •