View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
457. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

    44 9.63%
  • Deluxe

    183 40.04%
  • Omnibus

    177 38.73%
  • Absolute

    106 23.19%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 848 of 848 FirstFirst ... 348748798838844845846847848
Results 12,706 to 12,715 of 12715
  1. #12706
    Junior Member ER Prest's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    476

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    Oh I agree but I was curious if we think that volume 2 gets a quick reprint. Reminds me of when Planetary got back to back reprints some years ago.
    That's true! Good point, I had forgotten about that

  2. #12707
    Veteran Member Captain Craig's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Nashville, TN
    Posts
    1,942

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Master Destructo View Post
    https://www.amazon.com/Superman-Gold...n%3A7421491011

    https://www.amazon.com/Green-Arrow-G...n%3A7421491011

    You know, this happens to me sometimes too. People will be talking about new Amazon fish and despite all my searching I can't find them. Not sure if it is glitch or something. Anyway, they were showing up on my search this time.
    Thanks for the links. Pre-orders being placed shortly.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

  3. #12708
    Junior Member Rimmer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    St. Louis, MO
    Posts
    388

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    Thanks for the links. Pre-orders being placed shortly.
    I wonder on these, and I think these are very good choices for DC to 'test the non Archive' waters on.
    I mean, Supes has his own audience already, and those that have already got the first 4 will undoubtedly get the 5th.

    And Green Arrow, first off it's got King Kriby's name attached to it, so for that group of folks who wants everything he did, and now in oversized, they'll jump on that. Plus fans of GA in general be it from TV or elsewhere. And then the rest of us who want to support new GA lines so we can hopefully get MORE GA material other than the big 3 (I'm looking at you, Aquaman, Flash, Hawkman (I know, he was in the Flash's comics), Green Lantern, etc...!) Also, How about an All-Star comics omnibus or three? The entire run was archived, so the files should be ready to go! Maybe they're sitting on those until the time is right - perhaps a JSA explosion in the new Rebirth era at some point will make them want to publish old JSA stuff. Who knows?

    Anyways, I think the future is bright for these two omnis specifically. Hopefully i'm not just being overly positive on this.
    "Boomerang arrow, Kate... It comes back to you in the end. Boomerang. Respect it." - Clint
    "Why the hell do you need an arrow that comes back to you after you shoot it, Clint?" - Kate
    "Because... Boomerangs." - Clint.

  4. #12709
    Illest Alive PLEDGE's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    254

    Default

    Took me a while, but I finally finished reading the Death & Return of Superman omnibus. Man that's a big book! I enjoyed it for the most part...even if it dragged a little in the moments after his death. I read somewhere that even this revised omnibus left out some material..does anyone know what's missing and where to find it?

  5. #12710

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PLEDGE View Post
    Took me a while, but I finally finished reading the Death & Return of Superman omnibus. Man that's a big book! I enjoyed it for the most part...even if it dragged a little in the moments after his death. I read somewhere that even this revised omnibus left out some material..does anyone know what's missing and where to find it?
    Compare the contents to the new TPBs.

  6. #12711
    Junior Member Thesanmich's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    380

    Default

    And want to read the Death of Superman saga but debating between the omni and trades.

  7. #12712
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    500

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rimmer View Post
    And Green Arrow, first off it's got King Kriby's name attached to it, so for that group of folks who wants everything he did, and now in oversized, they'll jump on that. Plus fans of GA in general be it from TV or elsewhere.
    This Golden Age Green Arrow (GAGA) omni shouldn't have any Kirby in it at all, Kirby didnt do any work on Green Arrow until the late 50s (1958??) and this is all the 1940s Green Arrow stuff. I'm a huge fan of Green Arrow and will definintily be buying this GAGA Omni because a) it has Green Arrow in the title and I'm a chump and b) I believe this is the first time the vast majority of these stories have been offciailly reprinted More Fun Comics #73 and #89 were included in the GA 75th celebration book but I don't think theses been any other reprint of these 1940s GA stories (the Black and White showcase, which I don't own so can't double check kicks off with the Kirby stuff in the late 50s I think).

    The Amazon UK for the GAGA omni is up at 100+ which is mental, I've thrown in a preorder to show my support, but i'll be keeping a close eye on the price towards release as I have no intention of paying anywhere near that much.

    (The fact this book abbreviates to GAGA makes me giggle like a small child)

  8. #12713
    Junior Member Rimmer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    St. Louis, MO
    Posts
    388

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by drd View Post
    This Golden Age Green Arrow (GAGA) omni shouldn't have any Kirby in it at all, Kirby didnt do any work on Green Arrow until the late 50s (1958??) and this is all the 1940s Green Arrow stuff. I'm a huge fan of Green Arrow and will definintily be buying this GAGA Omni because a) it has Green Arrow in the title and I'm a chump and b) I believe this is the first time the vast majority of these stories have been offciailly reprinted More Fun Comics #73 and #89 were included in the GA 75th celebration book but I don't think theses been any other reprint of these 1940s GA stories (the Black and White showcase, which I don't own so can't double check kicks off with the Kirby stuff in the late 50s I think).

    The Amazon UK for the GAGA omni is up at 100+ which is mental, I've thrown in a preorder to show my support, but i'll be keeping a close eye on the price towards release as I have no intention of paying anywhere near that much.

    (The fact this book abbreviates to GAGA makes me giggle like a small child)
    Sorry about that about the Kirby connection! I know there'd been some Kirby GA TPB(s) released in the past and thought it was included in this material. My fault for not being thorough.
    GAGA - that's funny.
    "Boomerang arrow, Kate... It comes back to you in the end. Boomerang. Respect it." - Clint
    "Why the hell do you need an arrow that comes back to you after you shoot it, Clint?" - Kate
    "Because... Boomerangs." - Clint.

  9. #12714
    Senior Member Vilynne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    722

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rimmer View Post
    Sorry about that about the Kirby connection! I know there'd been some Kirby GA TPB(s) released in the past and thought it was included in this material. My fault for not being thorough.
    GAGA - that's funny.
    How is GAGA not an official DC term by now!?

  10. #12715
    Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    East Coast, USA
    Posts
    2,327

    Default

    If they do a volume 2 with the Kirby stuff, I'll definitely pick it up, since I'm a big Kirby fan. But, I have absolutely no interest in any other GA GA. I might picku up a trade version to get his debut issue, but I have no real interest beside that.
    Cyclops was right

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •