Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default PREVIEW: All-New X-Men #1

Hated and feared more than ever, the world is a dangerous place for mutants. As the few remaining X-MEN retreat into seclusion, a handful of mutant teenagers refuse to allow their destiny to be decided for them. CYCLOPS. BEAST. ICEMAN. ANGEL. THE ALL-NEW WOLVERINE. KID APOCALYPSE. OYA. Stepping out of the shadows of their predecessors, the ALL-NEW X-MEN are striking out on their own, determined to write their own futures!

Full preview here.

*Sees Evan fighting an aligator*

Yup, this looks like something Hopeless would write (And I mean that in a good way)
    “I am vulnerable. Starved for kindness, and when I receive it, I lose my mind.”
    — Marjorie Liu, Tiger Eye

“When you need to stop an asteroid, you get Superman. When you need to solve a mystery, you call Batman. But when you need to end a war, you get Wonder Woman.”
    — Gail Simone

MY CHANNEL: https://www.youtube.com/user/Cheshire1501

You'd think they'd have been able to add text to the preview by now. :-P

Since they can not actually change the future of them understand their motives.

This will be the only title mutant who will not follow but wish luck to those involved in the project because want to Genesis and Oya able to make space for the return of the new generation of mutants.

Conflicted. Hate Bagley. Love Hopeless. Decisions, decisions.

The B0re5 and friends continue.
    I'm a fighter. I fight for normal people. But I'll never be one. I'm not a hero. Some people can't handle that.

#midnightermonday

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

So both this and All-New Wolverine 1 are releasing on November 11? If they're both good, that will be an amazing week.

Quote Originally Posted by healed1337 View Post
    So both this and All-New Wolverine 1 are releasing on November 11? If they're both good, that will be an amazing week.
    Conflicted on this to be honest. Sure it's awesome they are both released at the same time but on the other hand the rest of the month will be pretty bleak that way.

When does Hopeless X-Position come online by way? Anybody knows?
    Love talking about things you love and enjoy? So do I. Check out these threads for doing that.

X-23: http://community.comicbookresources....ivory-to-steel
    Star Wars: http://community.comicbookresources....ce-be-with-you
    Lazarus: http://community.comicbookresources....cussion-thread

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Knives View Post
    This will be the only title mutant who will not follow
    Well, the opposite applies to me, so that balances out, I suppose. (Well, as far as team books go, I'm also eyeing All-New Wolverine.)
    Doctor Strange and the Sorcerers Supreme, Hulk, Iceman, Ms. Marvel, Nova, Spider-Gwen, Spider-Man, Totally Awesome Hulk.
    Archie, The Archies, Descender, Mezolith, Morning Glories, Saga, The Wicked + The Divine, The Woods. Action Comics, Batman,
    Batman Beyond, Batwoman, Deathstroke, Detective Comics, Mother Panic, Nightwing, Shade, Superman, Super-Sons, Trinity.

Quote Originally Posted by Knives View Post
    Since they can not actually change the future of them understand their motives.
    I think that the timeline has diverged. The younger O5 and the older O5 are effectively different now. This is really one of the only ways to explain how Warren has these cosmic wings and Jean's powers got a boost. It's also why the adult ones don't remember these adventures or ever having these abilities. It's also probably why they really can't go home; because there is no home for them to go back to. There might have been a point where the kids and the adults' fates were tied in to each other, evidenced by Scott almost dying, but I don't think that's the case anymore. Too much has change since. Plus, "Secret Wars" and the fact that space-time got broken at the end of "Age of Ultron" didn't help one bit either.

Quote Originally Posted by superhsalf View Post
    Conflicted. Hate Bagley. Love Hopeless. Decisions, decisions.
    Love Bagley. Love Hopeless. Hate all new x-men

I can live with the art.
    The alligator wrestling and open displays of mutant powers? Questionable.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by juggalord View Post
    I think that the timeline has diverged. The younger O5 and the older O5 are effectively different now. This is really one of the only ways to explain how Warren has these cosmic wings and Jean's powers got a boost. It's also why the adult ones don't remember these adventures or ever having these abilities. It's also probably why they really can't go home; because there is no home for them to go back to. There might have been a point where the kids and the adults' fates were tied in to each other, evidenced by Scott almost dying, but I don't think that's the case anymore. Too much has change since. Plus, "Secret Wars" and the fact that space-time got broken at the end of "Age of Ultron" didn't help one bit either.
    100% agreed.

Anyway, as for the preview: Only one page (and a couple of covers) more--and still unlettered, to boot? *sigh*
    Doctor Strange and the Sorcerers Supreme, Hulk, Iceman, Ms. Marvel, Nova, Spider-Gwen, Spider-Man, Totally Awesome Hulk.
    Archie, The Archies, Descender, Mezolith, Morning Glories, Saga, The Wicked + The Divine, The Woods. Action Comics, Batman,
    Batman Beyond, Batwoman, Deathstroke, Detective Comics, Mother Panic, Nightwing, Shade, Superman, Super-Sons, Trinity.

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    I can live with the art.
    The alligator wrestling and open displays of mutant powers? Questionable.
    Right. Because you never did anything that your parents told you not to do.

Quote Originally Posted by juggalord View Post
    I do not doubt anything coming from the head of Marvel writers then you may be correct but this story of broken space time does not convince me there is no present or future without the past.

Moreover think about it if they are really another alternative reality all they do right now is irrelevant and makes it unnecessary and useless plot.