Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default Box Office: "Days of Future Past" Tops $600 Million Globally

Worldwide the latest "X-Men" film is the No. 3 movie of the year so far after "Winter Soldier" and "Amazing Spider-Man."

Full article here.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CBR News View Post
    Worldwide the latest "X-Men" film is the No. 3 movie of the year so far after "Winter Soldier" and "Amazing Spider-Man."

Full article here.
    Congratulations on a good X-Film finally topping Last Stand.

100% Behind New CBR ! SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

First Class was pretty solid I feel. I think its the combination of First Class and the Wolverine being solid films which helped this film a lot. Also the fact people were excited to see the new and old casts together. To see how it would work. This also means Bryan Singer will likely be doing X-Movies at Fox a good while longer.
    SuperE believes in this....he believes in this place . He also believes in the peace and harmony . Lionel Ritchie taught me how to love again.

Hopefully a good sign for more (and similar quality) X-movies coming up in the near future.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Wedge Antilles View Post
    Hopefully a good sign for more (and similar quality) X-movies coming up in the near future.
    As long as Singer continues to provide this kind of quality to them

Quote Originally Posted by CBR News View Post

Full article here.
    This summer has given an embarrassment of riches to the superhero audience (and non-metaphorical riches to the makers of these movies), but I hope that the studios will attribute at least part of that success to good scripts and performances. I can't remember another summer setting such a generally high bar for genre tentpoles. The Winter Soldier is probably the most story-centered Marvel movie yet, with fewer throwaway bits than Avengers or the Iron Men. I skipped Spider-Man. Days of Future Past was a surprisingly streamlined telling of a complicated story, with more inventive action that I've seen from Singer before. Quicksilver's big fight is a franchise highlight. Godzilla was gorgeously shot, enough to instantly forgive some drab human elements. And The Edge of Tomorrow is my favorite of the season, high-concept in a way that can be enjoyed rather than appreciated, so I hope it doesn't get lost in the shuffle. It's a movie that should appeal equally to Tom Cruise's fans and his detractors; he's not bad in it, and failing that you get to watch Emily Blunt shoot him in the face a couple dozen times.

I'm ready for Guardians. We're on a streak.

Way to go DoFP! You deserve it! Such a good film.

Maleficent was solid. Great kids movie. They picked a bad time to release it, however, given that next week How to Train Your Dragon 2 comes out. One of the reasons Frozen made a billion dollars is that it was an amazing movie AND had, basically, zero competition.

Very happy to see the adaptation of John Green's opus did so well. He is a great guy who deserves all of his success.

I wonder how Marvel Studious feels

Quote Originally Posted by Daredevil is Legend View Post
    Very sad because Sony pooped out an incredibly generic, by-the-numbers sequel and it made almost as much as Cap, which was far and away a much better film. DofP is definitely a surprise, I don't think anyone saw this film making 600 million. However, it, like Cap 2, was a well written, well acted, well shot film (so at least it deserves its money).
    Last edited by RobinFan4880; 06-08-2014 at 07:36 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Daredevil is Legend View Post
    Probably indifferent since they have their own films to focus on.
    Winter Soldier did very well at the box office and GotG is already drawing positive buzz.
    They're in a good place right now financially so no real worries I'd say.

X-Men: DOFP was good for what Sony has done to the X-Men franchise.
    Still wished they would've been more faithful to the comics.
    "History of the DC Universe" by Wolfman and Perez, when the DCU use to make sense.

100% Behind New CBR ! SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Me and a buddy joked that after this time travel arc where Wolverine goes into the past ....young Xavier , Magneto and a couple others need to come into the future to stop Apocalypse . The whole premise is , you averted a potential horrible future but as Hank McCoy brings up , "What if your delaying what could happen ?"

By having no Sentinals and Mutant camps you open a worse fate where Apocalypse rises.
    SuperE believes in this....he believes in this place . He also believes in the peace and harmony . Lionel Ritchie taught me how to love again.

Quote Originally Posted by GLFan5994 View Post
    Very sad because Sony pooped out an incredibly generic, by-the-numbers sequel and it made almost as much as Cap, which was far and away a much better film.
    Spider-Man is just a more popular character. I'm sure they're happy with how well Captain America has done in comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by Biff Pow! View Post
    Spider-Man is just a more popular character. I'm sure they're happy with how well Captain America has done in comparison.
    I was ecstatic when I saw Cap's numbers climb and climb. Still, it has to annoy Marvel/Disney that even when they do their best work, it can never really match the potential of a character like Spider-Man.

It is interesting to imagine a world where Marvel/Disney has the rights to Spidey (or the X-Men) in lieu of the Avengers. I wonder how different that world would be.

At any rate, maybe in ten years the Marvel/Disney characters will become more popular than Spidey (or at least achieve a more co-equal status).

BANNED

Cant people just appreciate the fact that superhero movies are doing well? Do we have to resort to some childish fanwar?