Quote Originally Posted by Ptrvc View Post
    You don't know me, man. Sorry, but you don't. I mean I get it, if you can 'prove' I'm a racist then you don't have to argue, which is good for you because actually arguing with what the other person is saying is hard.

Of course I don't want you to strain yourself, so please, continue calling me a racist.
    Hahahahah You make it pretty easy to know where you're coming from.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Old School Ollie 1962 View Post
    I've seen town hall discussions end up the same way. I still believe mutual compromise and sympathy... Maybe it's too late. Perhaps I am a cop out cynical fifty year old.
    It's NOT but we have to start weeding out those folks from being the loudest wheel on the car.

Or those who want to CENSOR folks. We can't talk if you want to avoid the topic at hand.

I don't follow the news so I'm totally out of the loop. What exactly happened today? Someone got ran over? A statue is being torn down?
    Back from the Phantom Zone... but for how long?

Clearly, Carol Danvers has taken the expression "man up" a little too seriously.

FAVES: A-ko (Project A-ko), Rogue, Cassandra Cain, Supergirl (New 52), Power Girl (Kara Zor-El), She-Hulk, Spider-Gwen, Squirrel Girl, Jessica Cruz, Silk, Cassandra Lang

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Redwolf View Post
    Hahahahah You make it pretty easy to know where you're coming from.
    If its so easy to tell were I'm coming from, then why did you put my ancestry on the wrong side of Atlantic?

That's not what I'm advocating at all. This is a microcosm of the issue right here. Unless the Ptrvcs and Ollies of this world learn to compromise and sympathize with each other--while respecting each other's humanity--the hate, violence, and social unrest will continue.
    It's difficult to consider compromise with someone whose worldview is that you need to be out of the world entirely, or at least ground into it under a jackboot. I'm not in a minority group that has people opposed to my mere existence, but it's not hard to imagine that suggesting compromise with that sort of people means nothing good.

Astonishing Member Old School Ollie 1962's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    It's NOT but we have to start weeding out those folks from being the loudest wheel on the car.

Or those who want to CENSOR folks. We can't talk if you want to avoid the topic at hand.
    Okay, Sky. What if we leave General Lee's statue up and at the other end of the block we put a Nat Turner or Denmark Vesy statue?

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Star View Post
    I don't follow the news so I'm totally out of the loop. What exactly happened today? Someone got ran over? A statue is being torn down?
    Reader's Digest version: A bunch of lowbrow, shit eating, knuckledragging Neo-Nazi fuckwads held a march in Charlottesville, Virginia which, in turn, drew a counter-protest, then, sometime this afternoon, a lunatic drove his car into the crowd of counter protestors, killing one and injuring a couple, dozen I think.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    It's difficult to consider compromise with someone whose worldview is that you need to be out of the world entirely, or at least ground into it under a jackboot. I'm not in a minority group that has people opposed to my mere existence, but it's not hard to imagine that suggesting compromise with that sort of people means nothing good.
    You're right. So the answer is mankind has no answer; Therefore, I put my hope in something greater than mankind. But that's another controversial topic.

Ol' Doogie, Circa 2005 JDogindy's Avatar

Death toll is at three now.

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Reader's Digest version: A bunch of lowbrow, shit eating, knuckledragging Neo-Nazi fuckwads held a march in Charlottesville, Virginia which, in turn, drew a counter-protest, then, sometime this afternoon, a lunatic drove his car into the crowd of counter protestors, killing one and injuring a couple, dozen I think.
    Also, a Virginia State Police helicopter that was covering the event just went down. Two people dead.
    Opinions may vary in quality.

Current Manga Reviews: Twin Star Exorcists Vol. 3, Library Wars Vol. 15 and Inuyashiki Vol. 3

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    A death. Vehicular manslaughter or first degree murder.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Damn! Didn't know about that. It must be insane down there.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

You're right. So the answer is mankind has no answer; Therefore, I put my hope in something greater than mankind. But that's another controversial topic.
    There is no God. We have to sort this out ourselves. And that doesn't involve compromising and finding sympathy with ACTUAL FUCKING NAZIS.

Rebel that Rebels BeastieRunner's Avatar

I see that Trump won't condemn the actual Nazis there, but says everyone there is wrong.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Okay, Sky. What if we leave General Lee's statue up and at the other end of the block we put a Nat Turner or Denmark Vesy statue?
    I'm less behind tearing down Lee's statue than others - but that's because Lee helped actually end the war by laying down his arms and becoming a decent (or at least somewhat decent) citizen after. He could have done what Davis wanted and tried to melt into the countryside and keep on fighting a guerilla war. Just as long as they didn't go up in black neighborhoods, since that tells me the statue was put up for intimidation first, and any notions of honoring anyone second.

Other monuments, like the obelisk to white supremacy in New Orleans, well, those can't be torn down fast enough. Not unless we can get a time machine and knock them over before they finish ever having been built in the first place.