Quote Originally Posted by Old School Ollie 1962 View Post
    Red Wings logo used by white supremacists in Charlottesville
    What a PR nightmare for the Wings' organization

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/red-win...160713431.html
    Oh sweet Kermit no! Leave my beloved Red Wings out of this!!! Now they've gone TOO FAR!!!!
    "But I say unto you which hear, Love your enemies, do good to them which hate you, Bless them that curse you, and pray for them which despitefully use you... And as ye would that men should do to you, do ye also to them likewise. For if ye love them which love you, what thank have ye?..."

FAVES: A-ko (Project A-ko), Rogue, Cassandra Cain, Supergirl (New 52), Power Girl (Kara Zor-El), She-Hulk, Spider-Gwen, Squirrel Girl, Jessica Cruz, Silk, Cassandra Lang

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    How did we end up with a President that won't condemn actual Nazis?
    Because said President is afraid of pissing off his base if he did. I'm sure Gorka, the actually fucking Nazi in Trump's cabinet probably told him that.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by Old School Ollie 1962 View Post
    Red Wings logo used by white supremacists in Charlottesville
    What a PR nightmare for the Wings' organization

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/red-win...160713431.html
    The Red Wings have condemned the action, as have the NHL, and are thinking about legal action. http://www.cnn.com/2017/08/12/us/red...lle/index.html
    Current Pull: Deadpool, Ms. Marvel, Ultimates, USAvengers, Squirrel Girl, Jessica Jones.

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    How did we end up with a President that won't condemn actual Nazis?
    By compromising and trying to find sympathy with actual Nazis.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kusanagi View Post
    The Red Wings have condemned the action, as have the NHL, and are thinking about legal action. http://www.cnn.com/2017/08/12/us/red...lle/index.html
    I have no doubt the NHL will be all over those Nazi shitheads for copyright infringement. The league shouldn't even think about legal action, they should just sue the holy hell out of those thugs with all due haste.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ptrvc View Post
    I ain't sticking up for them, they're horrible people. And I'm not whining, I'm just refuting the point that nobody of European heritage was ever oppressed.

I mean seriously did you read that twit you posted, or did you just spam it out? "None of the churches were burnt", yes plenty, "none of the ancestors were hung" yes plenty, though more where likely impaled which is actually a hell of a lot slower and more painful, I could go on but I won't because the point is whining the point is that you posted something that was just flat out wrong. And your trying to spread that misinformation.

At some point you're going to have to accept that everyone's family tree will have oppressed and oppressors sooner or later. Welcome to the human race man.
    Except the tweet was describing things that happened in the U.S. in living memory. Eugenics and other racial and gender smearing 'sciences' only fell into disfavor after WWII and were only truly discredited in the 60's and 70's. The Civil Rights marches were only fifty years ago. Church burnings and flaming crosses and lynchings are still happening in certain parts of the country. Gay marriage was only universally legalized in 2015 with certain states still trying to get around it with various 'religious freedom' laws. The 'women's health insurance' bit is a current freaking event.

These people marching are not being attacked. They are not being oppressed. They are not being shot in the back by cops while unarmed because said cops 'felt threatened'. Nobody is kicking them off of air planes because their mere presence made other passengers nervous, and nobody is trying to ban them from serving in the military and nobody is trying to kick them out of the country.

They are not victims. And in this instance they are very much perpetrators.

Someone wise said it better than I.

"If all it took to make you a Nazi was calling you a Nazi, then you were already a Nazi."

This idea that somehow the 'left' is to blame for 'insulting' people and that made them Nazis is just laughably absurd.

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post

"If all it took to make you a Nazi was calling you a Nazi, then you were already a Nazi."

This idea that somehow the 'left' is to blame for 'insulting' people and that made them Nazis is just laughably absurd.
    I've seen that too, people are blaming this on "violent leftist protestors" I could've sworn we were all a bunch of weak, wimpy, crybaby snowflakes who can't take a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by Overhazard View Post
    I've seen that too, people are blaming this on "violent leftist protestors" I could've sworn we were all a bunch of weak, wimpy, crybaby snowflakes who can't take a joke.
    The degree of projection under which the American right operates is immense.

"they called us names, so clearly the only rational response is advocate for subjugation and in some cases genocide"

A completely rational response to being backed into a corner*

*Just because said corner has a large screen HD flat screen, high end cable/satelite, and every gaming system in histoy attached to it, doesn't mean it isn't still a corner.
    Current Pull: Deadpool, Ms. Marvel, Ultimates, USAvengers, Squirrel Girl, Jessica Jones.

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    he didn't find the americas. sailors were going to and from south america long before columbus came along.

and yeah, he did find the caribbean. you know what else he did? wiped out the native tribes through enslavement, war and disease.
    oh yeah the vikings, i totally forgot they got here first, there is also a theory about some chinese coming to the east of the states 20 years before Columbus but that is another subject.

But about your second point, people just celebrate the discovery and since he was the one who did it, or at least more recognizible person who did it that why the day use his name.

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post

"If all it took to make you a Nazi was calling you a Nazi, then you were already a Nazi.".
    Yep, reminds me of the same argument people use against islamic extremis who use violence when people disrespect the profet, they were already wrong in the head if that is what it take them to act like that.
    Last edited by mojotastic; 08-12-2017 at 08:19 PM.

Incredible Member

DHD4xi_UQAEn98W.jpg

My thoughts.

Spectacularly Neurotic Sharkerbob's Avatar

Such complex. Much nuance. Wow.

As I said earlier, make sure when one of these entitled pricks runs for office (and you know a few of them will), we have someone to run against him, who will use this bit of nonsense against him. We cannot let any of these bully/cowards get into any position of power.