Page 6758 of 6758 FirstFirst ... 5758625866586708674867546755675667576758
Results 101,356 to 101,368 of 101368

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    I can't speak for anyone else, but I know that I don't vote for candidates because they "excite" me. Sometimes they do, and that's a plus, but generally, I vote for the candidate who I think will do the best job, or at least better than any other candidate. I think television, and specifically the Kennedy/Nixon debate of 1960, started to turn politics into entertainment, and now unfortunately, some voters vote for the most entertaining candidate, regardless of whether or not they can do the job they're running for.
    The qualifications for becoming President have long since changed from the qualifications of being President.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    I really don’t think some of you realize how many people on the left feel like they have to grit their teeth to be on the same side as you. Some of you have a real special knack for repelling people.
    Stop responding to me then. I'm not gonna just sit here and talk to the air.

It's not like anything comes from this one way or the other. It's a comic book message board.

Quote Originally Posted by ZombieHavoc View Post
    Stop responding to me then. I'm not gonna just sit here and talk to the air.

It's not like anything comes from this one way or the other. It's a comic book message board.
    No shit. That’s why it makes no fucking sense why people get mad about what particular topic a poster chooses to vent about. Nobody is changing the world here.

Mighty Member

No shit. That’s why it makes no fucking sense why people get mad about what particular topic a poster chooses to vent about. Nobody is changing the world here.
    I'm not sure I would qualify anything I've seen here as being mad at someone else. But if someone posts something, it's gonna be responded to one way or another, probably.

If people don't want a disagreeing response, then they should write that shit in their dream journal, not on a public forum.

I'm not sure I would qualify anything I've seen here as being mad at someone else. But if someone posts something, it's gonna be responded to one way or another, probably.

If people don't want a disagreeing response, then they should write that shit in their dream journal, not on a public forum.
    I totally agree with this.

That’s totally fine. I don’t care if someone disagrees with me whatsoever. But if the response is “all these terrible things are happening, but you want to talk about this”, then no I have very little tolerance for that. Let’s be real we aren’t doing important work here and for the most part are just shooting the shit talking about politics because we are among the minority of Americans who actually are engaged. It’s plain to see half this board is resentful that they didn’t get Bernie and the other half is resentful that it caused ill will toward Clinton

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    I can't speak for anyone else, but I know that I don't vote for candidates because they "excite" me. Sometimes they do, and that's a plus, but generally, I vote for the candidate who I think will do the best job, or at least better than any other candidate. I think television, and specifically the Kennedy/Nixon debate of 1960, started to turn politics into entertainment, and now unfortunately, some voters vote for the most entertaining candidate, regardless of whether or not they can do the job they're running for.
    I never want to be excited by a politician again. I can't handle all this excitement. Politics are better when they're boring.

Mighty Member

Okay cool. I guess we all agree this is generally a colossal waste of time.

So the next step, for me at least, is to figure why I keep coming back here.

Therapy or the opposite

Mighty Member

Therapy or the opposite
    Probably the opposite. Reading this board is usually as frustrating as reading Breitbart comments, which I do sometimes when I'm feeling particularly masochistic.

Misery loves company. Everything is going to suck forever...but we all still need somewhere to hang out, right?

Probably the opposite. Reading this board is usually as frustrating as reading Breitbart comments, which I do sometimes when I'm feeling particularly masochistic.
    I’m here for you. Until Trump destroys the planet.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Because you love the witty conversation folks like me provide?
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!