Page 5147 of 5195 FirstFirst ... 414746475047509751375143514451455146514751485149515051515157 ... LastLast
Results 77,191 to 77,205 of 77925

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    Oh my mistake. Sorry he posted two articles. One I find questionable. The other I'll have to read. Sorry when you see the same article on all 4 links you tend to just assume the third where you clearly see the same article on all the other links there is the one he was referring to.
    Sorry you missed me saying I was nitpicking on this in the first post

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dalak View Post
    Sorry you missed me saying I was nitpicking on this in the first post
    Haha sorry I don't even know what's happening anymore.

Class 5 Roaming Vapor BeastieRunner's Avatar

But her emails!

Russia!

Isn't that what we're doing?
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    They only way they can learn is to get in and get experience. Start grooming someone to replace someone as old as Sanders or Pelosi. It looks like Hatch will be willing to step aside to get Romney in as Senator.

More Democratics as governors would help and it gives valuable insight in how to govern an area that is the size of a small nation.

Next to Trump? Mario Rubio's looking better and better IMO. He's sure acts a lot more mature than Trump.
    I don't think Democrats chose to have a low number of Governors. Part of it is due to reasons that still apply (midterm electorate is older and more conservative) although part of it is due to things that changed (historically, midterm elections go better for the party in the White House; there will be quite a few open races in '18 as the '10 crowd is term-limited.)

The Sanders fans might not be happy with the type of Democrats who could win General Elections in Florida or Ohio, though.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    I don't think Democrats chose to have a low number of Governors. Part of it is due to reasons that still apply (midterm electorate is older and more conservative) although part of it is due to things that changed (historically, midterm elections go better for the party in the White House; there will be quite a few open races in '18 as the '10 crowd is term-limited.)

The Sanders fans might not be happy with the type of Democrats who could win General Elections in Florida or Ohio, though.
    I think Tazirai would agree about Sanderites being unhappy with those kinds of Dems. But, if the Democratic Party goes all or nothing Far Left they aren't going to win seats and are going to alienate many moderate Liberals and probably a lot of minority voters who are skeptical of the Far Right. The ones who didn't vote for Bernie Sanders.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    GM of the Rumbler's League - Currently on Extended Hiatus
    Caretaker of Khazan's Cosmic Library
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn and/or imaginatively created.

Don't worry, we're all a huge dysfunctional family here. With all the infighting, feuds, and conflicting beliefs that it implies.

So a fitting picture to me is:

Sponsored Posts are the future!

Quote Originally Posted by PaulBullion View Post
    This weekly reminder that both sides are exactly the same was brought to you by fucking Candy Corn.

Candy Corn.

It tastes like shit.
    Candy corn racist.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

The hole in the CBR donut ChadH's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JDogindy View Post
    So, did anyone see that Steve Bannon interview on 60 Minutes? Holy shit.
    The man is a psychopath.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners Thread

"Hell is other people."

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Tazirai View Post
    Possibly, But I replied a few comments above about Bullying.

I just don't see why Clinton gets to be the ONLY person being "bullied", Would you call what happened to Bernie Sanders and Us, his supporters being bullied?
    Because Let's see, we got it from the Left and the Right. The media hates us, The left hates us, the right hates us.
    We're Bros (even the women somehow), sexists, arrogant, pie in the sky, etc. etc.

So does the bullying apply to us "Alt-Leftists" also?
    Of course it does. Where did I say that Hillary Clinton was the ONLY politician on the Left who was bullied? What made you think that was my position at all? Just because I didn't specifically say that Hillary and many other liberals and Democrats were bullied? Are you as pedantic as #30 now?

My husband and I got into a discussion. Is Steve Bannon's appearance a carefully thought out strategy to make him more appealing to his Far-Right audience? Or is it just Bannon being Bannon, dressing and looking the way he wants to for personal reasons?
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    GM of the Rumbler's League - Currently on Extended Hiatus
    Caretaker of Khazan's Cosmic Library
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn and/or imaginatively created.

If Chris Farley were still alive, he would have returned to SNL to play Steve Bannon.

The hole in the CBR donut ChadH's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    My husband and I got into a discussion. Is Steve Bannon's appearance a carefully thought out strategy to make him more appealing to his Far-Right audience? Or is it just Bannon being Bannon, dressing and looking the way he wants to for personal reasons?
    I'm inclined to think the latter.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners Thread

"Hell is other people."

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    If Chris Farley were still alive, he would have returned to SNL to play Steve Bannon.
    We can only hope that Steve Bannon ends up subsisting on a diet of government cheese and living in a van down by the river.

The Mayor of Seattle has resigned, following the fifth accusation of child sex abuse (committed well before he held elected office.) And it's his cousin.

Hours after the Seattle Times published allegations made by the younger cousin of Seattle Mayor Ed Murray in which the man accused Murray of sexually abusing him as a child, Murray announced that he was resigning as mayor, effective Wednesday afternoon.

54-year-old Joseph Dyer claims that Murray forced him to have sex when he was only 13, back when the two shared a bedroom in Dyer’s home in the mid-1970s. Dyer is now the fifth man to publicly accuse Murray of sexually abusing him as a child since April.

Murray has been the mayor of Seattle since 2013. He previously served in the Washington state legislature. City Councilmember Bruce Harrell will take over as mayor this afternoon and will have five days to decide whether to serve out Murray’s remaining term.

Per the Seattle Times, one of the other accusers of Murray, Lloyd Anderson, released a statement following Murray’s resignation:

“I feel victory, but saddened that it required another victim to come forward for him to resign. I wonder how many other victims are out there.”

The Times also noted that Murray was in his office earlier today but did not address his staff before his resignation was announced.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Ol' Doogie, Circa 2005 JDogindy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ZombieHavoc View Post
    I love candy corn and The Nation.
    You DO know that all the candy corn that exists was made back in 1911?