Invincible Member TheInvisibleMan's Avatar

oh yeah, that little turd

throw the book at him
    “If you listen to the fans, you’ll find yourself sitting with them”

- Joe Kuharich

Is Hillary Clinton Right About Why She Lost?

I'm not the only the who questions the media's reflexive attack dog mentality as far as Hillary Clinton goes.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    GM of the Rumbler's League - Currently on Extended Hiatus
    Caretaker of Khazan's Cosmic Library
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn and/or imaginatively created.

Incredible Member

Between this, Arpaio, Charlottesville, this Freddie Gray murder ruling....watching people defend out and out racism simply because they support Trump has been fascinating.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ZombieHavoc View Post
    Between this, Arpaio, Charlottesville, this Freddie Gray murder ruling....watching people defend out and out racism simply because they support Trump has been fascinating.
    And revolting. Most of all, revolting.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Maybe I'm late to the party, but there is candy corn ice cream??

Incredible Member

Wait...I knew there was an amendment out there intending to revoke Trump's authority to use military force. I did not realize it was Rand Paul's amendment.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ZombieHavoc View Post
    Wait...I knew there was an amendment out there intending to revoke Trump's authority to use military force. I did not realize it was Rand Paul's amendment.
    Yea, that's Rand's libertarian side, definitely him striking a Gary Johnson kind of sentiment. He immediately came out against Trump's strike on Syria. He's been both a vocal defender/supporter and critic of Trump or at least executive branch authority over war acts.
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 09-13-2017 at 12:18 PM.
    Thank you America for voting for change.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Cartoons of the hour:
    [pic errors, see post them later on next page]
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 09-13-2017 at 01:50 PM. Reason: attachment errors posters said
    Thank you America for voting for change.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Is Hillary Clinton Right About Why She Lost?

I'm not the only the who questions the media's reflexive attack dog mentality as far as Hillary Clinton goes.
    Several takes with this

-they try to make a false equivalency between Gore making a movie after his loss and Hillary writing a book. Gore made a movie about climate change 5 years after his election. Not a book about why he lost the election less than a year after.

-Nate Silver blames the coverage on the emails more than Russia or the Comey letter. I agree. You cannot measure how much Russia effected the election. Could have had huge or little impact. But there's nothing concrete to say x many people voted this way because of Russia. Likewise, the Comey letter had an impact, but the margins are two small to say that was determinative verse a bunch of other factors. The email story dominated her campaign and she never escaped it. It perpetuates a narrative of a perception of her not being trustful. And you pile on enough and perception becomes reality. Everything was rooted in that. It sent an anchor that she couldn't release when she entered the race.

-Nate and others don't really blame Sanders much for the loss. As Nate said, everyone had primary opponents, and Clinton got 80% of Sanders voters which is generally in line with what you'd expect.

-Thr biggest problem I have though is that they took a list of things she blamed and acted like it was all equal. It wasn't she. She 100% blamed the Comey letter for the final outcome in the book and said everything needs to be weighed against the idea that polls had her winning before that (she was winning after still and largely considered to win in a landslide that night and the whole election). She also blames Bernie way too much when you can make an equal if not more compelling case that she was more of a liability to Obama in 08. Also it's kind of hypocritical for her to complain about the media coverage Trump got when she 1. Got more media coverage than any opponent Trump faced 2.they both had the same ratio of positive and negative coverage (way more negative) so more Trump coverage meant more negative Trump coverage. 3. Trump was her preferred opponent and she shifted her strategy to run a more anti Trump campaign

Quote Originally Posted by Jackmando7 View Post
    Maybe I'm late to the party, but there is candy corn ice cream??
    God! I hope not!

Class 5 Roaming Vapor BeastieRunner's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    God! I hope not!
    Disney is now serving Candy Corn Soft Serve, an enchanting Halloween treat.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Rush Limbaugh, Ann Coulter facing blowback on Hurricane Irma comments

Hurricane Irma may have passed but the blowback on two conservative pundits' skepticism about the hurricanes' danger continues to swirl.

As Irma barreled into Florida over the weekend, columnist Ann Coulter and talk radio host Rush Limbaugh were making an unusual — some said dangerous — counterpoint to the blunt warnings booming out of the state's official offices to "get out now."

Their take: the liberal media had cooked up the storm for ratings, retail sales and politics. Nothing to see here.

Coulter, an author whose latest book is In Trump We Trust, took to Twitter suggesting Miami was suffering a "light rain," while Limbaugh said on his radio show liberals — and the media — were exaggerating hurricane severity as a way to increase fears about climate change. "They are the ones using it to advance a political agenda, not me. And all I'm doing is pointing it out," he said.
    I hope they both fade into obscurity.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    GM of the Rumbler's League - Currently on Extended Hiatus
    Caretaker of Khazan's Cosmic Library
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn and/or imaginatively created.

Incredible Member

Plus candy corn M&Ms and candy corn Hostess cupcakes. They don't specifically taste like candy corn though.

There's also Hershey's bar with candy corn in it. White chocolate I think.

That earns a big time BLECH from me. Combining soft serve with candy corn is reprehensible in more ways than I can describe!

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Bloat Limbaugh was so disdainful of Irma, he hauled his fat ass out of his Florida home before the storm hit. As for Creature Feature Coulter, I thought her comments were the most dangerous as her tweets might've convinced some gullible idiot or idiots to venture in Miami and into trouble.

Fantastic Member
    The NEW Classic Comics Forum: http://classiccomics.org

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    Your attachments aren't viewable.
    --
    The new home of the Classic Comics Forum community: http://classiccomics.org