Quote Originally Posted by SquirrelMan View Post
    Animals don't have laws.
    Stop defending racist murderers. I don't want to be on a message board with somebody who is blaming minorities fighting for their long denied place for the actions of fascists.
    Animals have laws but I hope there are limitations to their law. I'm not a fan of PETA because I've watched something on tv and there was this adult woman who put some cats inside a sack and drove to a PETA office cos she was going to surrender those cats. But what happened instead is the woman got imprisoned for simply just putting the cats inside a sack and a PETA officer said it wasnt right to just put cats inside a sack cos they might have died of suffocation or something.

And i hated it because the woman got jailed just because of it. I mean, would you really ruin someone's name just for the cats?
    "Lightning, deliver this place from darkness." - Storm in X-men TAS.

You should read The Unbeatable Squirrel Girl solo, X-men Gold, Ta-Nehisi Coates' Black Panther solo and Storm's second ongoing solo coming on 2018 with Ta-Nehisi Coates as writer as Jen Bartel as artist

"The Month of May is Ororo Munroe aka Storm Month"

Faves: Ororo Munroe aka Storm (Marvel), X (Dark Horse), Vincent Van Goat (Valiant), Superboy Prime (DC), Ingrid (Street Fighter), Celine Dion (Music)

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    A powerful photograph. And to think he's protecting the rights of scumsucking Nazi shithead fuckwads who'd beat that man within an inch of his life if he wasn't in uniform.

Pretty sure the words 'please give me an excuse to shoot you' were running through that cops head on a continuous loop, man has a lot more self-restraint than I do.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    A powerful photograph. And to think he's protecting the rights of scumsucking Nazi shithead fuckwads who'd beat that man within an inch of his life if he wasn't in uniform.

It's a powerful and real pic, but I don't think it's from yesterday's riots. Notice that there are no tiki torches anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Ptrvc View Post
    Neither do I. Nice thing nobody has done that in this thread huh?

No. My point is that if you demand an entire group of people engage in eternal self-flagellation, your just going end up pushing a punch of them into the exact opposite position. I'm not trying to defend them, what I'm trying to point out is to stop shooting yourself in the foot. Your making your own nemesis's here which normally I wouldn't care about except that now everyone else has to deal with them too.

Also it interesting isn't it, how the arguments you use, and those of the people you claim to oppose seem so similar huh? There's always some group of people that are somehow to blame for all the worlds ills, whatever it may be. Its the exact same argument you claim to despise, and yet you espouse it, all your doing is changing a few words in the speech.

Straight White Males are the main problems with society. All the evils of the world can be traced back to Straight White Males, if only Straight White Males weren't around the world would be a peaceful place.

All you do is change the bolded parts man, that's all you do. Then you march down the streets in matching uniforms and call yourselves 'anti'-facists, and if you can't see that at all, I guess I'm just kicking myself in the head aren't I?

Now now, I know we're having a disagreement, but that's no reason to fib.
    We both know you don't have any friends.
    Regurgitated white supremacist talking points, "both sides", "you're being intolerant of their/our/my intolerance" and then personal attacks...

I have TROLL BINGO!

My point is that if you demand an entire group of people engage in eternal self-flagellation, your just going end up pushing a punch of them into the exact opposite position. I'm not trying to defend them
    No, you're just trying to make excuses for their decision to become Actual Goddamn Nazis.

And we're not having it.

Also, *you're

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    As I said earlier, make sure when one of these entitled pricks runs for office (and you know a few of them will), we have someone to run against him, who will use this bit of nonsense against him. We cannot let any of these bully/cowards get into any position of power.
    Too late. Does the name 'Steve Bannon' ring a bell?

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Ahh, Mooch. The gift that keeps on giving.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Progressives are building outside of the Democratic Party to win in 2018

ATLANTA — When Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-Mass.) mentioned President Trump during a Saturday morning speech, the more than 1,000 activists at the progressive Netroots Nation conference booed.

But when she mentioned a “so-called Democratic strategist” who wanted her party to move to the center, the boos rang even louder.

“Apparently, the path forward is to go back to locking up nonviolent drug offenders and ripping more holes in our economic safety net,” Warren said sarcastically, in a Saturday morning speech. “We’re not going back to the days when universal health care was something Democrats talked about on the campaign trail but were too chicken to fight for after they got elected.”

Warren’s party, locked out of power in Washington and most of the country, has spent 2017 opposing Trump while also fighting about what it really stands for. Both trends were on display at Netroots, as huddles over how to block Republican bills alternated with protests of Democrats who were seen to be belittling black candidates, LGBT rights or Native Americans.
    The evidence from Atlanta suggested that Democrats might march into 2017 and 2018 elections still arguing about how to win — without dividing the party.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    GM of the Rumbler's League - Currently on Extended Hiatus
    Caretaker of Khazan's Cosmic Library
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn and/or imaginatively created.

Invincible Member TheInvisibleMan's Avatar

Lawyers tried to mount an effort to get the Charlottesville "rally" moved

the ACLU blocked it - thus leading to the rally being held

blood is on their hands
    “If you listen to the fans, you’ll find yourself sitting with them”

- Joe Kuharich

Neither do I. Nice thing nobody has done that in this thread huh?
    Why do I have a feeling this is going to go nowhere good?

No. My point is that if you demand an entire group of people engage in eternal self-flagellation, your just going end up pushing a punch of them into the exact opposite position. I'm not trying to defend them, what I'm trying to point out is to stop shooting yourself in the foot. Your making your own nemesis's here which normally I wouldn't care about except that now everyone else has to deal with them too.
    "The past isn't dead. It's not even past."
    like it or not. The violence at that rally? It's on us. All of us. Because we white people didn't do enough to stop them. And then folks like you here defend, deflect, and try to castigate those who are for daring to do so.

All you do is change the bolded parts man, that's all you do. Then you march down the streets in matching uniforms and call yourselves 'anti'-facists, and if you can't see that at all, I guess I'm just kicking myself in the head aren't I?
    Always the whine about Antifa, which is a response to the inherent violence of fascism. You can't nicely debate them, dude
    We've never truly grappled with the legacy of slavery, of genocide committed on the natives, and more by our forebears. Grappling with these things isn't asking for self-flagellation. It's asking for honesty, for seeing the value in the lives stolen, in the wealth that was carried down through generations pillaged from the lands of native Americans, borne on the backs of slaves who's descendants still suffer greatly from inequity created and perpetuated by America's white supremacy. I understand how difficult it can be for white Americans to grapple with this and how uncomfortable it can be. The realization of just how awful it is can surely drive some into the arms of the alt-right, but then, haven't we always sought to justify the victim's victimization? And that victimization is ongoing every day that we don't confront the ugly side of America's yesterday and the continuing legacy of that ugliness that exists today.

Also it interesting isn't it, how the arguments you use, and those of the people you claim to oppose seem so similar huh? There's always some group of people that are somehow to blame for all the worlds ills, whatever it may be. Its the exact same argument you claim to despise, and yet you espouse it, all your doing is changing a few words in the speech.
    This isn't really true at all, you know.

Straight White Males are the main problems with society. All the evils of the world can be traced back to Straight White Males, if only Straight White Males weren't around the world would be a peaceful place.
    No, fella. White supremacy Is the problem and every one of us white people in America is steeped in it, whether we .

admitting you benefit from white supremacy doesn't make you bad

acting like it doesn't exist makes you a s**thead

if you see point out white supremacy as you being persecuted, you're an a**hole

- Joe Kuharich

Quote Originally Posted by TheInvisibleMan View Post

blood is on their hands
    Did the ACLU tell them to bring guns or to ram cars into people? No all the ACLU did was defend their right to free speech and peacefull protest, everything bad that happened at Charlottesville is on the head of the alt-right.

Quote Originally Posted by norj View Post
    Did the ACLU tell them to bring guns or to ram cars into people? No all the ACLU did was defend their right to free speech and peacefull protest, everything bad that happened at Charlottesville is on the head of the alt-right.
    there is what is legal, than there is what is right

- Joe Kuharich

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheInvisibleMan View Post

blood is on their hands
    Wrong. Wherever that rally had been moved to, counter protestors would've shown up, and, chances are, so would some maniac who decided to use his car as a weapon. The blood is on the hands of the goddamned Nazis.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!