Page 5115 of 5196 FirstFirst ... 4115461550155065510551115112511351145115511651175118511951255165 ... LastLast
Results 76,711 to 76,725 of 77926
    Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Those who want to brush the 2016 election under the rug are as bad as...
    You're right. And just when I half considering moving on. Alas, you have reminded us of its importance.
    Thank you America for voting for change.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackmando7 View Post
    I wonder if her book will talk in detail about the screw job they pulled on Bernie.
    Let Bernie write his own book.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    GM of the Rumbler's League - Currently on Extended Hiatus
    Caretaker of Khazan's Cosmic Library
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn and/or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    You're right. And just when I half considering moving on. Alas, you have reminded us of its importance.
    Moving on is important, to an extent. But ignoring the past only means repeating the mistakes of said past. Best to get it all out into the open now, this year, as soon as possible so that we can deal with it and move on. Painful as it may be for some.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Perhaps I am being irrational when it comes to Clinton. Wouldn't be the first time I've been guilty of that, and you're right, she does have a right to do whatever she wants. I just don't want to hear from her.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Perhaps I am being irrational when it comes to Clinton. Wouldn't be the first time I've been guilty of that, and you're right, she does have a right to do whatever she wants. I just don't want to hear from her.
    Fair enough. I feel the same about Bernie Sanders. The beautiful thing about our Democracy is that we have the right to turn off the TV or not buy a book, as much as we have the right to watch whatever we want or read whatever we want.

One thing I do know is that I really should get over my personal feelings and be more open minded. I may not like Bernie Sanders, but who knows? maybe someday he'll have something to say that's worth listening to that he hasn't already said a million times?

Same goes for the Republicans/Conservatives.
    Last edited by Tami; 09-08-2017 at 07:40 AM.

Fighting Injustice on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Its good to know conservatives continue to be the very angry snowflakes they portray liberals as. On a FB friends post (about Supreme Court) I joked that Clarence Thomas once went a decade without asking a question to anyone in court. It was a brief joke and all. One guy took offense to this and proclaimed somehow I brought up Anita Hill. I asked how he drew that conclusion from that and I posted the NPR article. Then he proceeded to tell me how I was in the wrong in bringing up the good name of Clarence Thomas. Yes a joke how he didn't ask a question in 10 years was character assassination.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Its good to know conservatives continue to be the very angry snowflakes they portray liberals as. On a FB friends post (about Supreme Court) I joked that Clarence Thomas once went a decade without asking a question to anyone in court. It was a brief joke and all. One guy took offense to this and proclaimed somehow I brought up Anita Hill. I asked how he drew that conclusion from that and I posted the NPR article. Then he proceeded to tell me how I was in the wrong in bringing up the good name of Clarence Thomas. Yes a joke how he didn't ask a question in 10 years was character assassination.
    They were probably reminded of all the racism the left uses to disparage Justice Thomas over the years.
    Thank you America for voting for change.

Hillary Superfan and Much-Maligned Verrit Founder Peter Daou Isn’t Mad. In Fact, He Thinks It’s Funny.

Peter Daou is a political communications operative, former blogger, and committed Twitter warrior who ran the pro-Hillary Clinton viral news site Shareblue during the 2016 election. (He also has a quite interesting pre-politics life history which involves the Lebanese civil war, the sex novel Fear of Flying, and a decade-plus of work as an electronica keyboardist and producer.) His newest web project, Verrit, dubs itself as "Media for the 65.8 Million," which is the number of people who voted for Clinton. The site features shareable images depicting "noteworthy facts, stats, and quotes for politically engaged citizens" which have been authenticated by Verrit's staff. (Said staff right now consists of Daou, his wife Leela, and a few volunteers.)

If it's not about relitigating, why the focus on Bernie?

Because he continues to attack the Democratic Party. It's interesting to me ... I've been a longtime progressive. People like Bernie Sanders are people that I admired and always liked. The day Bernie Sanders and his campaign—I worked with [Sanders campaign aide] Tad Devine at the Kerry campaign, Jeff Weaver—the minute those guys decided "you know what, we're going to rip Hillary Clinton's character apart"... A little known fact is that Bernie himself, according to the New York Times, sat with his advisers and said, "I don't want to go after her Wall Street speeches because that's a character attack and she has a right to make a living." In 2015 he said that. By 2016 it was nothing but Wall Street speeches. That's hypocrisy but nobody calls him out on it. I'm sure you won't either.

I was a Bernie Sanders supporter—if you look back at my writing in 2015 I was thrilled about him being in the race. Income inequality is something I've written about for years, it's one of the main issues that I care about. And I disagreed with Hillary on a number of things, whether it was fracking, the Iraq War—I used to protest the Iraq War. I was one of the early progressive bloggers, Netroots guys, who was marching in the streets and fighting against Bush. But Bernie decided to go hard negative on her character and I fought back. And I know a lot of people on the left really don't like me for that, and I accept that and I understand that. Cenk from the Young Turks—2003, 2004 we used to hang out and talk about politics and what our plans were. Dave Sirota, Glenn Greenwald ... I considered that community and those people my friends. But we diverged when it came to defending Hillary Clinton's character. I know Hillary and I know she's a good person and she means well for the country. And when people on the so-called left decided to start echoing right-wing talking points against her is when I fought back.

I'm not going to back down from something I really believe in. I believe Hillary's coalition has not been treated properly and that she hasn't either, so I'm just going to stand up for what I believe in. People making fake Verrits with silly words in them—that's actually amusing to me.

Let Bernie write his own book.
    That would be awesome! Great idea, Tami, great idea!

I really hope this happens now.

That would be awesome! Great idea, Tami, great idea!

I really hope this happens now.
    Has he ever written one before?

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    They were probably reminded of all the racism the left uses to disparage Justice Thomas over the years.
    Or they were reminded of the racism and bigotry that the right uses to disparage and systemically discriminate against minorities across the board. Either one.

Has he ever written one before?
    Good question. It seems he has written several that are available on Amazon. Ive never read any though.

Class 5 Roaming Vapor BeastieRunner's Avatar

Beastie's Cartoons of the Week:

"Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Fantastic Member

Good question. It seems he has written several that are available on Amazon. Ive never read any though.
    Looking at the one-star reviews on Amazon is pretty funny. One such review on what looks to be the most recent Sanders book suggests that buyers instead check out: "Rediscovering Americanism: And the Tyranny of Progressivism" by Mark Levin. Looking at that book on Amazon, it looks to be quite a hoot. Ha.

Right wingers, man. So weird.

Also, took a quick glance at Mark Levin's FB page. He is pretty bummed about Trump's deal with the dems (or commies or Maoists or whatever bullshit these guys throw out).
    Last edited by ZombieHavoc; 09-08-2017 at 09:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Do you hate Hillary Clinton? If so, you should ask yourself why. Is it really something she said or did, or something conservatives said that she said or did, and later CNN parroted it as if it were fact?