Page 5134 of 5196 FirstFirst ... 4134463450345084512451305131513251335134513551365137513851445184 ... LastLast
Results 76,996 to 77,010 of 77926

Quote Originally Posted by InformationGeek View Post
    And big time YouTuber Pewidiepie just dropped the n-bomb racial slur during a video. Now I bring this up because we all know what he said was a bad thing and plenty of people are saying it's bad, but even more people are saying it's not a bad thing, its just an angry yell someone says when they're angry, don't be a snowflake, its just a word, dropping n bombs themselves, etc.

I think this situation and how people are reacting says so much about our climate currently, doesnt it?
    Isn't that the same guy that got in trouble for making "death to Jews" type video a year or two ago?

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jackmando7 View Post
    Isn't that the same guy that got in trouble for making "death to Jews" type video a year or two ago?
    Yes, but that happened this year as well. He's certainly on a roll isn't he?
    Opinions may vary in quality.

Current Manga Reviews: Twin Star Exorcists Vol. 3, Library Wars Vol. 15 and Inuyashiki Vol. 3

A Colorado Republican introduced a bill that could cripple Venezuela

A House Republican introduced legislation last week to bar the U.S. from importing petroleum products from Venezuela in a push to cripple the growing authoritarian regime in the South American country.

Rep. Mike Coffman, R-Colo., introduced the Protecting Against Tyranny and Responsible Imports Act, or the PATRIA Act, that would target Venezuelan President Nicolas Maduro after he stripped the country's democratically elected national assembly of its power and authority.

According to the bill, the proposed ban on imports would last until the assembly's power is fully restored.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    GM of the Rumbler's League - Currently on Extended Hiatus
    Caretaker of Khazan's Cosmic Library
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn and/or imaginatively created.

Didnt Rick Scott from Florida do the same?
    Like he wanted to pass a bill that would not allow business to make deals with Venezuelan companies or something like that?

Quote Originally Posted by mojotastic View Post
    Didnt Rick Scott from Florida do the same?
    Like he wanted to pass a bill that would not allow business to make deals with Venezuelan companies or something like that?
    There was talk in the news, but I don't know how far that went. Don't know if he did it or not.

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    It's different when your family lived in a small rural town in the middle of nowhere for many generations and the coal mine was the only thing that's keeping the town running and you are not financially well off enough to pick up and move your family somewhere else and either pay for education on another job or take a paycut in a more expensive area so that you keep working.

Then when someone says "oh that thing your friends and family going years and years back have relied on is going to be gutted, but don't worry we'll find something else for you and train you in that instead", that's alot scarier to here and there are no guarantees they will actually find that new job and train you in it.
    You keep ignoring the very clear statistics that economic anxiety was not a factor in choosing Trump over Clinton. Because you want to.

Report: Mitt Romney Will Run for Senate if Orrin Hatch Retires

Former Massachusetts Gov. and GOP presidential candidate Mitt Romney is planning to run for Senate in 2018 if Sen. Orrin Hatch decides to retire, the Utah Policy website reported Monday. Hatch previously said he would run if his and his wife’s health is good, but has not yet committed to running for an eighth term. The senator said earlier this year that he would consider retiring if an “outstanding person” like Mitt Romney were to run for his seat.

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    Of all the accusations you can launch at Hillary Clinton, 'not having a plan', is not one of them. It's a dunderheaded statement.
    Lately, all of Knight's posts are only held up by lies.

To anyone who's ever been betrayed, lied about, ridiculed, treated unfairly and had their dreams crushed by bullies, I can't think of many things more inspiring than Hillary being back on her feet on that book tour.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulBullion View Post
    To anyone who's ever been betrayed, lied about, ridiculed, treated unfairly and had their dreams crushed by bullies, I can't think of many things more inspiring than Hillary being back on her feet on that book tour.
    Ghandi? The guy with no hands and legs that became a millionare by selling books?
    Last edited by mojotastic; 09-11-2017 at 08:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by InformationGeek View Post
    And big time YouTuber Pewidiepie just dropped the n-bomb racial slur during a video. Now I bring this up because we all know what he said was a bad thing and plenty of people are saying it's bad, but even more people are saying it's not a bad thing, its just an angry yell someone says when they're angry, don't be a snowflake, its just a word, dropping n bombs themselves, etc.

I think this situation and how people are reacting says so much about our climate currently, doesnt it?
    Just another Youtube celebrity stirring shit to get clicks. When you're the biggest, richest Youtuber you have to stir the biggest pot of shit to stay on top.
    I couldn't give the slightest @#$%.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    There was talk in the news, but I don't know how far that went. Don't know if he did it or not.
    I dont agree that doing this would be bad because it feed the Maduro propaganda because for years Chavez/Maduro have been doing that without the United State having to do anything.

I also can see the point that Coffman is saying, just the last week Maduro said thay if neccesary he will become a dictator so he is able keep Venezuela in good hands and keep the peace.

Link in Spanish.
    http://www.libertaddigital.com/inter...ca-1276605593/

But at the same time this would mean another blow for the Venezuelan economy making harder for the people living there to get goods in legal ways.

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    She had extensive, detailed plans. If you don't like them, fine, but don't pretend she didn't have one, unless you're demanding minutae that'd be even less reported on than this was.

https://www.hillaryclinton.com/brief...l-communities/

I mean, /come on/ dude.

But the media was more interested in giving Trump free air time.
    Encouraging people to check Hillary's website for deeper policy details is one of the things I've been insulted for as a Hillary supporter. Right here...on CBR...where that kind of shit doesn't normally drip to. "Check the website" is one of the rallying cries of the anti-Hillary crowd. Seriously. I'm stuck in the Twilight Zone. Help?

In 2016, checking the website should not have been a difficult thing to do. Unless, of course, you're really...really...lazy.

Not sure if this was covered earlier, but apparently a co-host at Fox & Friends asked if the 9/11 memorials may one day be removed:

http://thehill.com/homenews/media/35...derate-statues
    DC: Aquaman, Batman, 'Tec, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Green Lanterns, Harley Quinn, Wonder Woman, Batwoman, Supergirl, Superwoman

Marvel: Ms. Marvel, Punisher, Daredevil

Image: Outcast, Bitch Planet, The Autumnlands, Black Magick, The Goddamned

Indies: Black, Insexts, Animosity, Alters, Mighty Morphin Power Rangers, Red Sonja