Page 6550 of 6550 FirstFirst ... 5550605064506500654065466547654865496550
Results 98,236 to 98,237 of 98237
    Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Like the GOP has shown nothing but loathing for California, the North East and every large city? Just that small population? The Dems get more votes in the Presidential and Senate elections and are much closer in the Congress than the party division in Congress shows, which is mostly due to gerrymandering.
    Half of the top 10 cities are in blue states the other half in red.

Of the 20 biggest cities 7 are in Blue states.

Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Vermont and Maine all have Republican governors.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Like the GOP has shown nothing but loathing for California, the North East and every large city? Just that small population? The Dems get more votes in the Presidential and Senate elections and are much closer in the Congress than the party division in Congress shows, which is mostly due to gerrymandering.
    I think the difference is that it's a lot easier on a state and local level for a Republican to shed their social platform and go strictly for an economic one and win. It's a lot harder for a Democrat to go South and shed their social policy. Because inherently the message of "I'm going to raise taxes and add regulations" isn't going to resonate with voters as much as "I'm going to shed regulations and lower taxes". Even if that's really what you need to fix those states. Economic messaging is harder for Democrats so they really need to lean on social messaging and it doesn't work everywhere.

Which is one of the many reasons a progressive economic policy is the way Democrats need to go. Yes we'll raise taxes but we also will get you free health care and colleges and you won't have to worry about falling into a hole. After that you can climb the ladder without worrying about being screwed over.