Page 6738 of 6738 FirstFirst ... 5738623866386688672867346735673667376738
Results 101,056 to 101,063 of 101063
  1. #101056
    Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,627

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PaulBullion View Post
    Plus a little Charles Manson and Woody Allen, maybe.
    And Polanski and a dash of Harvey as well. Yeah this is going to go down well for kids in the future.

  2. #101057
    Astonishing Member PaulBullion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    3,468

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Darkspellmaster View Post
    And Polanski and a dash of Harvey as well. Yeah this is going to go down well for kids in the future.
    In the future, everybody will remember being a never-Trumper.

    We should screencap as much as possible.
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

    Hillary was right!

  3. #101058
    Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Latverian Embassy
    Posts
    11,105

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ZombieHavoc View Post
    Also:

    ICE Spokesman Resigns, Saying He Could No Longer Spread Falsehoods for Trump Administration
    https://www.nytimes.com/2018/03/13/u...n-resigns.html
    What we need to do is what like Rep. Joe Wilson did to President Obama in a congressional meeting about health care. Every time Trump lies I wish it were possible that someone would jump up and say "You lie!" I wish I were a tech genius and could break into the broadcast of Tucker Carlson, Sean Hannity and Laura Ingraham's shows.

  4. #101059
    formerly edhopper Kirby101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    6,567

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Just combine your Cheney, Nixon, and Kennedy talks and you're good to go.
    You include Kennedy with two War Criminals Traitors because he had some affairs?
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

  5. #101060

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dalak View Post
    When your point is "This is what your ideas lead to" as you clearly restated then it's obvious, and all your bluster, insults, and fake outrage doesn't hide that glaring fact. That you can't comprehend that or ANY progress being made with the democratic supermajority that will come long before the magic 2/3rds is reached is far more revealing - Especially tied in with all your winning personality traits, debate habits, and professed beliefs contrasted to demonstrated ones.
    So your solution is try the same thing that has failed over and over again since Columbine? If you are losing the debate precisely because your positions are being attacked as ineffective and data backs it up, then maybe you should change your strategy to something thatís more difficult to accomplish but harder to be shot down by facts so that you can change more minds. Because right now this is an issue that our side constantly loses on. And they lose the same way. And Iím sick of dead students suffering because we are pushing weak ineffective policies and not even making progress on it because they are called out for being weak.

    Again if the chipping away effect of moderate change was happening, Iíd be on board. Thatís not happening. It hasnít happened for almost 3 decades. The problem is getting worse not better. Thatís called losing. And losing in this case means itís only a matter of weeks until another few kids get shot in a school.

    But by all means letís keep having the same argument of proposing policies that wonít change much because they are easier to accomplish than the big policies that will and then NOT accomplish any of them anyways because they are called out for being ineffective. Your strategy doesnít work and your retort is not to try the alternative because itís harder. At this point you lost with high stakes for 30 years. Thereís nothing to lose anymore. You arenít making incremental progress, you arenít making small victories that are adding up to something bigger. Youíre actually going in the other direction.

    It. Doesnít. Work.

  6. #101061
    Astonishing Member PaulBullion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    3,468

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    You include Kennedy with two War Criminals Traitors because he had some affairs?
    He also kept his health issues secret like Trump, I guess.
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

    Hillary was right!

  7. #101062

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Darkspellmaster View Post
    And Polanski and a dash of Harvey as well. Yeah this is going to go down well for kids in the future.
    This is gonna be one hell of a talk

  8. #101063
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,187

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    So your solution is try the same thing that has failed over and over again since Columbine? If you are losing the debate precisely because your positions are being attacked as ineffective and data backs it up, then maybe you should change your strategy to something that’s more difficult to accomplish but harder to be shot down by facts so that you can change more minds. Because right now this is an issue that our side constantly loses on. And they lose the same way. And I’m sick of dead students suffering because we are pushing weak ineffective policies and not even making progress on it because they are called out for being weak.

    Again if the chipping away effect of moderate change was happening, I’d be on board. That’s not happening. It hasn’t happened for almost 3 decades. The problem is getting worse not better. That’s called losing. And losing in this case means it’s only a matter of weeks until another few kids get shot in a school.

    But by all means let’s keep having the same argument of proposing policies that won’t change much because they are easier to accomplish than the big policies that will and then NOT accomplish any of them anyways because they are called out for being ineffective. Your strategy doesn’t work and your retort is not to try the alternative because it’s harder. At this point you lost with high stakes for 30 years. There’s nothing to lose anymore. You aren’t making incremental progress, you aren’t making small victories that are adding up to something bigger. You’re actually going in the other direction.

    It. Doesn’t. Work.
    I will say, I don't know where I fall, but I'm almost closer to the abolish the second mindset with each passing week. However, the NRA owns all republicans and a good amount of democrats to boot, so I mean, no policy, big or small, is ever gonna happen.

    When it comes to gun control, we will always lose because the NRA owns everyone and too many people just accept the line that there's nothing that can be done about it.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •