Page 6660 of 6742 FirstFirst ... 5660616065606610665066566657665866596660666166626663666466706710 ... LastLast
Results 99,886 to 99,900 of 101118
  1. #99886
    Rebel that Rebels BeastieRunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    West Coast, USA
    Posts
    6,668

    Default

    "Witches are real."

    Engrave that on his tombstone.

    Also on DPRK and the USA.

    North Korea previously pledged denuclearization in 1985, 1992, 1994, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012 and 2016. Each pledge was a lie and they got money/resources out of it to build more nukes. Even a trade deal for some Russian and Iranian scientists in 05 and 06. If you believe any promise Kim made to Trump, I have five failed casinos in Atlantic City to sell you.
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 06-13-2018 at 12:30 PM.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

  2. #99887
    Rebel that Rebels BeastieRunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    West Coast, USA
    Posts
    6,668

    Default

    Cohen is trending.

    Expect an announcement soon from Team Mueller.

    The lawyers that left Cohen were paid for by the Trump campaign, so I'm guessing that means those lawyers would've had a conflict on interest in representing Cohen if in fact he is going to testify about something Trump or others involved in the Trump campaign might have done.

    Going to get real interesting.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

  3. #99888
    Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Latverian Embassy
    Posts
    11,105

    Default

    Will he sing like a canary or will he take a bullet for Trump?
    I think he will flip. Either he ran out of $$$ for his legal fees or the lawyers had a conflict. If they were sifting through those millions of documents for a couple of weeks, it might be both.

  4. #99889
    formerly edhopper Kirby101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    6,568

    Default

    What is to stop Trump from pardoning Cohen?
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

  5. #99890
    Extraordinary Member Gray Lensman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    8,172

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    What is to stop Trump from pardoning Cohen?
    The fact that without the ability to incriminate himself he will be unable to plead the 5th perhaps.

  6. #99891
    Guardian Empress of Earth Tami's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Royal Castle of Atlantica, High Court of Terra
    Posts
    15,797

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    What is to stop Trump from pardoning Cohen?
    Cohen, I think, is also in trouble on the State level. Also, a Pardon is an admission of guilt, which can be used against Trump. If Cohen is guilty, then it ties back to Trump if a case is ever brought against him, in or out of office.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn or imaginatively created.
    GM of the Rumbler's League - Extended Hiatus
    DBM: Meagan/Cyanna/Dash/Mirror Mage

  7. #99892
    Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Latverian Embassy
    Posts
    11,105

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Cohen, I think, is also in trouble on the State level. Also, a Pardon is an admission of guilt, which can be used against Trump. If Cohen is guilty, then it ties back to Trump if a case is ever brought against him, in or out of office.
    I'm no legal eagle but doesn't Trump have to wait to see if he's tried and convicted? There could still be some dirty laundry that gets aired pertaining to Trump.

  8. #99893
    Astonishing Member PaulBullion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    3,477

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    What is to stop Trump from pardoning Cohen?
    State charges that might be enough for 20 years behind bars.
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

    Hillary was right!

  9. #99894
    Horrific Experiment JCAll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3,732

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    What is to stop Trump from pardoning Cohen?
    Oh, he will. Give it time.

  10. #99895

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aja_christopher View Post
    It's a nonsense argument anyway -- just more racist dog-whistle politics in action.

    Equating "diversity" with "less-qualified" is always a dead giveaway -- the assumption that a "diverse" candidate is somehow inherently less-qualified than a "non-diverse" (i.e. "straight white male") candidate speaks volumes about said perspective.
    So, to draw from recent events, if any politician voices the opinion that Michael Steele proved incompetent in his position, and that he got the job purely because of his employers' attempts to appear diverse-- then that politician MUST be a racist, because it's impossible to critique any beneficiary of equal opportunity without critiquing equal opportunity itself.

  11. #99896
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,418

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ouroboros View Post
    So, to draw from recent events, if any politician voices the opinion that Michael Steele proved incompetent in his position, and that he got the job purely because of his employers' attempts to appear diverse-- then that politician MUST be a racist, because it's impossible to critique any beneficiary of equal opportunity without critiquing equal opportunity itself.
    Nope -- never said that: every situation is unique.

    But have fun with your strawman, as you so often do regardless.

  12. #99897

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    There is a difference between doing that when you come across it and creating an office for the sole purpose of looking for it, especially givin this administrations open hostility towards any immigrant. ICE tries to deport people for belonging to fictional gangs, and I get the feeling that this new office will try to strip citizenship based on fraud it created itself.
    I can partly agree with you that certain parties might use false documentation as an excuse to get rid of immigrants, whether it's to project the illusion of being tough on illegals or to serve some other purpose.

    BUT-- if the applicants have lied, they don't get a free pass just because ICE's motives aren't pure.

  13. #99898
    Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    14,705

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Cohen, I think, is also in trouble on the State level. Also, a Pardon is an admission of guilt, which can be used against Trump. If Cohen is guilty, then it ties back to Trump if a case is ever brought against him, in or out of office.
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    I'm no legal eagle but doesn't Trump have to wait to see if he's tried and convicted? There could still be some dirty laundry that gets aired pertaining to Trump.
    Then there’s the not so insignificant matter of the craven, cowardly and complicit Republicans in Congress who’ve so far shown they’ll go to the wall and beyond to defend Trump, and today’s developments won’t change anything. I’m sure Eddie Munster and Turtle Boy are already cooking up schemes with GOP higher ups to keep their god emperor safe.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

  14. #99899
    formerly edhopper Kirby101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    6,568

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ouroboros View Post
    So, to draw from recent events, if any politician voices the opinion that Michael Steele proved incompetent in his position, and that he got the job purely because of his employers' attempts to appear diverse-- then that politician MUST be a racist, because it's impossible to critique any beneficiary of equal opportunity without critiquing equal opportunity itself.
    Which in no way reflects what this racist asshat GOPer said. But could we expect anything else?
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

  15. #99900
    formerly edhopper Kirby101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    6,568

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ouroboros View Post
    I can partly agree with you that certain parties might use false documentation as an excuse to get rid of immigrants, whether it's to project the illusion of being tough on illegals or to serve some other purpose.

    BUT-- if the applicants have lied, they don't get a free pass just because ICE's motives aren't pure.
    You mean like Melania? She lied.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •