Rebel that Rebels BeastieRunner's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JCAll View Post
    You would think supporting public broadcasting would be an easy sell. Who didn't grow up with Sesame Street and Mister Rogers Neighborhood?
    Rich kids had Babar.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by InformationGeek View Post
    Speaking of press conferences, Mick Mulvaney had one as well! He talked about after-school programs and meals-on wheels.

Guess how that went down?

Between everything with Ryan the last couple of weeks, Price yesterday, and now this shitshow, are we sure the Republicans *aren't* from another planet and failing horribly to imitate how rational human beings normally should act?

Fighting Injustice on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Well it was expunged. I wasn't intending to sound harsh, so sorry about that.

My larger, underlining point was that censure has always been murky for the POTUS. Only McCarthy's was a slam dunk but he was not a POTUS.

Also that I think we're going to see Trump get censured.

I missed all that. He's just talking about the budget now. What happened?

EDIT I: Nevermind! He just lost his shit on "tapping" ... haha!

EDIT II: And the budget.

EDIT III: And he ends it early! We have man children in the White House now.

Trump Administration folks : Look all we wanna do is fuck over seniors , tell em to fuck off and die basically. Tell poor school children to fuck off and not have anything. Also we wanna remove the healthcare so we can tell all those people to fuck off and die possibly. Plus we hate Muslims , fuck them all too ! Why aren't you ALL GOING ALONG ?!! WHY WON'T YOU GIVE US A CHANCE TO DO THIS ?!!
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.

Rebel that Rebels BeastieRunner's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Trump Administration folks : Look all we wanna do is fuck over seniors , tell em to fuck off and die basically. Tell poor school children to fuck off and not have anything. Also we wanna remove the healthcare so we can tell all those people to fuck off and die possibly. Plus we hate Muslims , fuck them all too ! Why aren't you ALL GOING ALONG ?!! WHY WON'T YOU GIVE US A CHANCE TO DO THIS ?!!
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

I am still trying to wrap my head around a 14% cut to the Coast Guard budget coming out of people who insist our borders aren't secure enough...

The rest of it is at least easy to understand given how much of a <insert expletive here> Trump is.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    I am still trying to wrap my head around a 14% cut to the Coast Guard budget coming out of people who insist our borders aren't secure enough...

The rest of it is at least easy to understand given how much of a <insert expletive here> Trump is.
    Easier access for Russian spy ships.

As an unrelated aside, I'm so pissed that so many sites are demanding I turn off the Adblocker that I had to get after more than a few unscrupulous ads loaded nasty viruses onto my computer over the years. If you were more careful with the ads you ran I wouldn't have to block them!

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Just like all the holier than thou Christians who whine like five year olds denied cookies before dinner when no one allows them to discriminate against gays or any religion they don't like.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by Shining Trapezohedron View Post
    Looks like Mayor McCheese has thrown down the gauntlet for a presidential run in 2020!

Quote Originally Posted by Dalak View Post
    As an unrelated aside, I'm so pissed that so many sites are demanding I turn off the Adblocker that I had to get after more than a few unscrupulous ads loaded nasty viruses onto my computer over the years. If you were more careful with the ads you ran I wouldn't have to block them!
    Totally. When people complain about not being able to make money advertising on the internet, I just remember the times I ran into a cascade of popup ads so unstoppable that it crashed my system, and then I don't feel bad for them at all. People needed to find a new way to make money on the internet years ago, but just got less trustworthy at every turn instead.

Read Trump's full budget blueprint

With the most ironic, hypocritical title ever in the history of political reports and budgets.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    GM of the Rumbler's League - Currently on Extended Hiatus
    Caretaker of Khazan's Cosmic Library
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn and/or imaginatively created.

McCain accuses Paul of 'working for Vladimir Putin'

Oh, wow...

(CNN)Sen. John McCain accused Sen. Rand Paul of "working for Vladimir Putin" on the Senate floor Wednesday, leading some to wonder if the Arizona Republican had violated Rule 19, a Senate regulation evoked earlier this year when one senator imputes the honor of another.

McCain's comments came after Paul objected to a resolution that would allow Montenegro to join the NATO alliance. McCain responded by lobbing accusations at his fellow GOP senator multiple times, both before and after Paul objected to the vote, though the Kentucky senator did not add additional defense Wednesday.
    Infighting already

Pointedly singling out the "gentleman from Kentucky," McCain said those who object "are now carrying out the desires and ambitions of Vladimir Putin."

When Paul formally objected, McCain reiterated his opinion.
    "The senator from Kentucky is now working for Vladimir Putin," he said.

The sharp attack had some congressional observers wondering how McCain hadn't violated Rule 19, when Sen. Elizabeth Warren had when she criticized former-senator-now-Attorney-General Jeff Sessions earlier this year.

N.J. Legislature Passes Bill to Require Presidential Candidates to Disclose Taxes

Cool!

Only there is a problem

New Jersey lawmakers passed legislation Thursday that would require presidential and vice-presidential candidates to disclose their federal income tax returns to appear on the state’s 2020 and future ballots.

The bill, which was approved along party lines in the Democratic-controlled Legislature, now goes to Republican Gov. Chris Christie for his signature. A spokesman for the governor said the office wouldn’t comment on the legislation until “we have had ample time to thoroughly review it.”

Despite several attempts, New Jersey’s Legislature hasn’t successfully overridden a Christie veto since he took office in 2010.

The Mexican James Bond Guapo Méndez's Avatar

Tell me once again who is going to pay for that wall?

'cause sure as shit we ain't.