Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    Since we're mentioning Fox News as a right-leaning media source... last month, they gave Trump a 48% Approval rating... four weeks later, he's at 43% Approval. 51% Disapprove of the job he's doing. IN A FOX NEWS POLL.
    And that was before this awful budget that wants to do things like end Meals on Wheels.

Last edited by Kirby101; 03-16-2017 at 07:46 PM.

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

ah... this sounds scary.

The Trump administration made a clear break Thursday with diplomatic efforts to talk North Korea out of a nuclear confrontation, bringing the United States and its Asian allies closer to a military response than at any point in more than a decade.

Secretary of State Rex Tillerson said that 20 years of trying to persuade North Korea to abandon its nuclear program had failed and that he was visiting Asia “to exchange views on a new approach.”

Soon after Tillerson’s remarks, in a sign of mounting tensions, the North Korean Embassy held an extraordinary news conference in Beijing to blame the potential for nuclear war on the United States while vowing that its homegrown nuclear testing program will continue in self-defense.

North Korea has amassed a sizable nuclear stockpile and appears at the brink of being able to strike the U.S. mainland and American allies in Asia. The rising threat from the isolated military dictatorship has prompted the Trump administration to begin assessing its options for how to respond and serves as an early test for how the president will confront an increasingly volatile international situation.

One potential immediate response would be to strengthen existing South Korean missile capabilities or to provide Japan with new offensive missile ability. Japan’s defense chief told parliament this month that he would not rule out “first strike” capability, which would be a major departure from Japan’s postwar pacifist traditions.

The United States could also field the same THAAD missile defense system in Japan that it is now installing in South Korea or take the potentially provocative stop of reinstalling American nuclear weapons at U.S. bases in South Korea. The North Korean threat could also rekindle the largely dormant idea of a domestic U.S. missile defense system.

North Korea has boasted of an intercontinental ballistic missile, and experts on Asia security generally agree that such a capability is within Pyongyang’s reach. Preventing it outright would probably require a military strike on North Korean facilities, something the United States has considered an option of last resort because it would almost certainly result in an attack on South Korea and U.S. forces stationed there, perhaps with chemical or biological weapons.

“I think it’s important to recognize that the political and diplomatic efforts of the past 20 years to bring North Korea to the point of denuclearization have failed,” Tillerson said.

Tillerson’s remarks reflected growing agitation in Washington that a tougher stance on North Korea is required.

Sen. Bob Corker (R-Tenn.) said during a Senate Foreign Relations Committee hearing last month that the United States has three choices: what he called “proactive regime change,” to topple Kim; sanctions and other coercive measures; or military cooperation with Japan and South Korea that could include a preemptive strike on missile facilities. “Otherwise, we’re staring down the barrel of an ICBM,” Corker said.

Tillerson made a version of Trump’s argument that the United States will demand clear benefits for its diplomacy and foreign aid and will walk away when necessary. Tillerson scoffed at the U.S. expense for trying to entice North Korea to drop its nuclear program — $1.35 billion by his count.

“That encouragement has been met with further development of nuclear capabilities, more missile launches,” including this month and last, Tillerson said. “In the face of this ever-escalating threat, it is clear that a different approach is required.”

On Friday, Tillerson will be in South Korea, where more than 20 million people live within range of North Korean artillery. South Korea is conducting joint military exercises with U.S. forces, and installation of the THAAD system begins this month.

“The joint military exercises by the hostile forces are aimed at preemptive strikes against the DPRK,” North Korean Embassy official Pak Myong-ho said, referring to the official name of his country, the Democratic People’s Republic of Korea. “Therefore, the peace and stability of the Korean Peninsula is under serious threat,” he said. “Now the situation is already on the brink of nuclear war.”

Pak said the exercises could “turn into real combat at any time.”

While strident North Korean warnings about the annual military exercises are common, calling a news conference in a third country to drive the message home was a dramatic step. China is North Korea’s protector and only ally, and Beijing is the only capital where the North could so quickly summon Western reporters.

Tillerson’s last stop on his six-day trip will be in China, which remains skeptical of any U.S. military response.
    Opinions may vary in quality.

Current Manga Reviews: Twin Star Exorcists Vol. 3, Library Wars Vol. 15 and Inuyashiki Vol. 3

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    And that was before this awful budget that wants to do things like end Meals on Wheels.
    Or kill PBS, which is kind of universally loved, outside of partisan small government conservatives who wank to Ayn Rand. I've already seen the video of Mr. Rogers speaking before Congress in 1969 going viral again in my social media feeds.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by InformationGeek View Post
    Speaking of press conferences, Mick Mulvaney had one as well! He talked about after-school programs and meals-on wheels.

Guess how that went down?

Geezus christ these people have no humanity.
    Is always confused.....

My Name is Psylocke, "Stabby stabby pew pew!"

My Psylocke stories at Fanfiction.net (ignore the editing, it's bad on purpose) https://www.fanfiction.net/~tazirai
    My better edited versions on Comicvine. Just check profile and my forum posts in fan fiction section. http://comicvine.gamespot.com/profile/tazirai/

Quote Originally Posted by Dalak View Post
    As an unrelated aside, I'm so pissed that so many sites are demanding I turn off the Adblocker that I had to get after more than a few unscrupulous ads loaded nasty viruses onto my computer over the years. If you were more careful with the ads you ran I wouldn't have to block them!
    All the this!!!!
    Is always confused.....

My Psylocke stories at Fanfiction.net (ignore the editing, it's bad on purpose) https://www.fanfiction.net/~tazirai
    My better edited versions on Comicvine. Just check profile and my forum posts in fan fiction section. http://comicvine.gamespot.com/profile/tazirai/

Since we're mentioning Fox News as a right-leaning media source... last month, they gave Trump a 48% Approval rating... four weeks later, he's at 43% Approval. 51% Disapprove of the job he's doing. IN A FOX NEWS POLL.
    Bernie is also sitting at 67% on FOX too. Even the Right wingers see the bullshit of Drumpf.

Saudi Arabia’s ‘girls council’ launches with all male event

https://www.rt.com/viral/380736-saud...ouncil-qassim/
    Is always confused.....

Quote Originally Posted by JCAll View Post
    Totally. When people complain about not being able to make money advertising on the internet, I just remember the times I ran into a cascade of popup ads so unstoppable that it crashed my system, and then I don't feel bad for them at all. People needed to find a new way to make money on the internet years ago, but just got less trustworthy at every turn instead.
    Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    Oh, I agree. It's getting to the point where news items on Yahoo freeze up almost as soon as you click on the link because of all the ads jamming through. I understand that Yahoo has to pay the bills, but it won't work if you pile one ad on top of another, selling more ad space than you have.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tazirai View Post
    All the this!!!!
    With Patreon and so many other ways of giving/getting money online I fail to see the future in ads other than to sucker the more foolish on the web, but no. They just want to force us to view their unsafe, unwanted garbage. I see it as them trying to convince us to allow them to put up Computer Asbestos to keep out the bad stuff when we let down the blockade.

Yeah, this is what I've been talking about for months. These guys have no compunction against poking nuclear powers other than Russia, and everyone who voted Trump (or encouraged others not to vote) because they were worried about Hillary's 'hawkish' ways should be horrified about what they have helped to happen.

Snake eyes vs Stormshadow Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

Oh, I'm thinking regime change is definitely on the menu. Going after unstable governments with weak militaries has been the go-to move for Presidents in need of an approval rating injection for the last fifty years. It doesn't help at all that north Korea is all but begging to get choke slammed.
    I didnít stand a chance. This girl had a grin like a razor,
    and the confidence of a shark in a swimming lane.
    If she said to jump, Iíd ask how high? And how far to fall?
    It wasnít because she was pretty; it was because she was a killer.
    And you just canít say no to a killer.

Unapologetically Queer jeanvaljean's Avatar

Even Rasmussen went from the strongest net positive he had in any poll to 9 points negative.

Quote Originally Posted by JCAll View Post
    Looks like Mayor McCheese has thrown down the gauntlet for a presidential run in 2020!
    Trump won't mind until the KFC colonel starts dissing him.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Trump Administration Picks Strange Fight With Meals On Wheels

Team Trump says the home meal-delivery program doesn’t work. Studies suggest otherwise. What the fuck are these morons yammering about? I'd love to hear Trump supporters here defend cutting a program that brings meals and, in some cases, companionship to homebound seniors.

A Budget Is A Moral Document. The One Trump Produced Is Dark.

It targets the elderly and the poor. I'd love to know the breakdown as to how many Republican voters would be affected. Remember, Trump fans, you brought this madness on yourself by putting the Orange Devil in the White House.

House Passes Bill To Help Vets With Mental Illness Buy Guns

Objections that 20 veterans a day kill themselves, mostly with guns, did not stop the measure. What the fuck? WHAT THE FLAMING FUCK?!?!?

Sean Hannity Suggests Travel Ban Judge Did ‘Weed’ And ‘Blow’ With Barack Obama

Radio host pushes right-wing conspiracy theory. This clown needs to shut the fuck up!

The EPA Is ‘Brainwashing Our Kids’ Says Climate Change Denier Sen. Jim Inhofe

He said a 31 percent cut to the agency’s budget will be “good” for the American people. *heavy sigh* Word just fail me.
    Last edited by WestPhillyPunisher; 03-17-2017 at 01:23 AM.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Re: Defunding Meals on Wheels, PBS, etc.

All they have to do is switch 1 billion over from that ridiculous Wall budget. Or maybe from the Department of Defense. The cost of the F-35 project so far is a trillion and it might be a failure.
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 03-17-2017 at 01:47 AM.
    Doctor Doom Appreciation Thread at CBR Forums
    My old SuperHero Squad name: Steel Divine Duke

So much winning. The winning just never stops. I just can't handle all this winning.
    No, seriously, I can't handle it. Please stop.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Re: Defunding Meals on Wheels, PBS, etc.

All they have to do is switch 1 billion over from that ridiculous Wall budget. Or maybe from the Department of Defense. The cost of the F-35 project so far is a trillion and it might be a failure.
    And maybe move Melania into the fricken White House.