Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    Shep Smith just responded to Trump blaming FOX News for his belief that the British wiretapped him for President Obama, and DAMN did Shep get salty.
    This might be good for Fox News in a sense. Time for them to start acting like real journalists and not tabloid fluff and fakery.

Of course, Trump should learn to use the same critical thinking most intelligent people use when reading or watching a news report.

Trump Blames Fox News For International Incident With UK

TRANSLATOR FOR REPORTER: And Mr. President, my question addressed to you, if I may --

REPORTER: -- rejected White House claims that the alleged wiretapping on you, on Trump Tower, on on Trump Organization or members of your campaign was -- that British intelligence was either responsible for it or involved in it. After these claims are rejected, what is your take on that? Are there other suspects or do you think it was a mistake to blame British intelligence for this? And, by the way, my second question, are there from time to time tweets that you regret and inside --

DONALD TRUMP: Very seldom.

REPORTER: Very seldom. So you never would have wished not to have --

TRUMP: Very seldom. Probably wouldn't be here right now but it's very seldom. We have a tremendous group of people that listen and I can get around the media when the media doesn't tell the truth so I like that. As far as wiretapping, I guess by this past administration, at least we have something in common perhaps. And just to finish your question, we said nothing. All we did was quote a certain very talented legal mind [Fox News' Andrew Napolitano] who was the one responsible for saying that on television. I didn't make an opinion on it. That was a statement made by a very talented lawyer on Fox. And so you shouldn't be talking to me, you should be talking to Fox, OK?
    Last edited by Tami; 03-17-2017 at 01:07 PM.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    GM of the Rumbler's League - Currently on Extended Hiatus
    Caretaker of Khazan's Cosmic Library
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn and/or imaginatively created.

John Rivello Arrested for Allegedly Causing Newsweek Writer Kurt Eichenwald’s Seizure Via Twitter

Updated | An alleged Twitter troll behind a virtual attack that caused Newsweek senior writer Kurt Eichenwald to suffer a seizure was arrested on Friday. The suspect faces federal charges and could face additional counts in Dallas, where Eichenwald lives, according to the writer.

Steven Lieberman, Eichenwald’s lawyer, named the suspect as John Rivello. A law enforcement official who spoke on the condition of anonymity confirmed the name. FBI officials arrested the man at his home in in Salisbury, Maryland, around 7 a.m. on Friday, according to Lieberman. Rivello was expected to appear at a hearing in federal court in Baltimore on Friday afternoon, Lieberman said.
    “What Mr. Rivello did with his Twitter message was no different from someone sending a bomb in the mail or sending an envelope filled with Anthrax spores,” Lieberman says. “It wasn’t the content of the communication that was intended to persuade somebody or make them feel badly about themselves; This was an electronic communication that was designed to have a physical effect.”

On December 15, hours after Eichenwald appeared on Tucker Carlson Tonight, the Twitter user @jew_goldstein tweeted a strobing image to the writer that allegedly said, “You deserve a seizure.” Later that night, in a reply to @jew_goldstein, a post appeared on the Eichenwald’s Twitter feed that said, “This is his wife, you caused a seizure. I have your information and have called the police to report the assault.”

The next day, Eichenwald tweeted that he would be working with lawyers and law enforcement. “Last night, for the second time, a deplorable aware I have epilepsy tweeted a strobe at me with the message ‘you deserve a seizure’ on it,” he wrote. “It worked. This is not going to happen again. My wife is terrified. I am...disgusted.”
    Then all the other Trolls want in on the action

Since the December incident, more than 40 other people have sent similar strobing images to Eichenwald, the writer tweeted on Friday. He said “details of their cases are with the FBI.” A spokesperson for the FBI office in Dallas said she could not comment on ongoing investigations.

Cthulhu's Accountant Shining Trapezohedron's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspellmaster View Post
    Some interesting stuff coming out of the East right now:

Two scandals are causing issue with PM Abe:

His wife and him stand accused of making donations to a school, this school bought land from the government at a lower then usual price as the land was appraised for much more. On top of that Abe's defense minister Inada is being questioned in regard to logs for troops that were pulled out of the Sudan region.

So Japan has launched it's first Spy Satellite and it's going to cover NK....hummm

Japan to send one of it's Naval ships on a tour around the South China sea

Abe, really what the heck are you doing? Trying to divert ala Trump?

Tillerson to NK "No need to fear the US."
    Me thinks that Tillerson is going to be in for a hard job given the tension going on in Japan right now.

So Japan and SK want to know what the US is going to do about NK as Tillerson shows up.

At least he's being smart and keeping a low profile while there rather then drum up notice ala our orange Cheeto.

Although apparently not quietly enough...

Tillerson says that all options are on the table to deal with NK

Most believe this is empty rhetoric, although some feel he's being tough. One things clear though Tillerson has not been focal when it comes to Trump and his choices on international affairs.

So Russia's meeting with japan over NK...why do I think this will not end well

So are they playing all sides now or what?

Oh and just so you know, Japan has decided, "Hey let's make sure that if we're bombed again, we're ready this time."

Well, damn!
    This is what I call expansive work put in a post.

Very interesting.
    I wonder what that will mean for Abe back home.

I think younger Japanese people aren't so keen on the whole war-battle-thing.

Cthulhu's Accountant Shining Trapezohedron's Avatar

Trump turns his eyes to the coal communities that supported him... and screws them over.

During the campaign, Donald Trump billed himself as the “last shot” for coal country. He alone could save regions like Appalachia that had long suffered from poverty and dwindling coal jobs. And voters in West Virginia and eastern Kentucky believed him — choosing Trump over Hillary Clinton by wide, wide margins.

So it’s striking that President Trump’s first budget proposal would slash and burn several key programs aimed at promoting economic development in coal regions — most notably, the Appalachian Regional Commission and the Economic Development Administration. In recent years, these programs have focused on aiding communities that have been left behind as mining jobs vanished.

Even some of Trump’s staunchest allies were livid at the proposed cuts. “I am disappointed that many of the reductions and eliminations proposed in the President’s skinny budget are draconian, careless and counterproductive,” said Rep. Hal Rogers, a senior House Republican from a key coal-mining district in southeastern Kentucky.

Trump wants to kill two big programs aimed at helping coal country

First, Trump’s proposing to eliminate the Appalachian Regional Commission (ARC), an independent agency set up in 1965 “to address the persistent poverty and growing economic despair of the Appalachian Region.” Since October 2015, the ARC has invested $175.7 million in 662 projects around the region, with a disproportionate focus on “distressed” counties and coal towns.
    In some places, that means new highways or broadband infrastructure. In others, it means grants to help former coal communities develop, say, outdoor recreation industries instead.
    A government review estimated that, last year, the ARC created or saved at least 23,000 jobs and provided 25,500 households with infrastructure services such as water or broadband. There have been criticisms of the program over the years — it’s odd to have a standalone agency for this one region, and the ARC often focuses on bigger towns and neglects rural areas — but it’s also broadly popular with Democrats and Republicans alike in Appalachia.

Second, Trump is proposing to zero out the Economic Development Administration (EDA), which sits within the Commerce Department and provides about $250 million per year in grants to support economic growth in certain regions
    . During the Obama years, the EDA began devoting a sizable portion of that money to coal communities around the country that were suffering economically as cheap natural gas and new air pollution rules shriveled the coal industry. (The EDA also supports non-coal communities, providing trade adjustment assistance and other services.)
    Sen. Joe Manchin of West Virginia, one of the few Democrats who tends to side with Trump on various issues, told constituents at a town hall on Thursday that he was not happy with these cuts, either.

Meanwhile, Mitch McConnell, the Republican Senate majority leader who hails from Kentucky, has stayed silent so far.
    In the past, McConnell has vocally opposed efforts by his colleagues to defund the ARC — though he has supported reforms to the program. On Thursday, all he would say was: “I look forward to reviewing this and the full budget when it is released later this spring.”
    But Trump isn’t proposing alternatives. At this point, his main idea for coal country is to make unrealistic promises about jobs — and then cut the few federal programs intended to aid the region when the jobs don’t materialize.
    http://www.vox.com/energy-and-enviro...t-coal-country

It was inevitable.

The only people Trump supports are his billionaire buddies and the "establishment" in the GOP.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shining Trapezohedron View Post
    Trump turns his eyes to the coal communities that supported him... and screws them over.

http://www.vox.com/energy-and-enviro...t-coal-country

It was inevitable.

The only people Trump supports are his billionaire buddies and the "establishment" in the GOP.
    Those people fell for Trump's con hook, line and sinker, believing his bullshit about how he was going to ride to their rescue. Well, they're learning the hard way it was all a sham to get their votes, and now the Orange Devil is kicking them to the curb.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by Shining Trapezohedron View Post
    Well, damn!
    This is what I call expansive work put in a post.

Very interesting.
    I wonder what that will mean for Abe back home.

I think younger Japanese people aren't so keen on the whole war-battle-thing.
    That's the weird thing, younger Japanese are in a very sad position right now. All the money that they make tends to go for the elderly, which makes up a good portion of the state, and because the young are not having kids and Japan doesn't want to add in immigration, they're having some of the lowest birthrates right now.

Well given that Abe quit after an earlier scandal this could be good news for Renho who leads the opposition party (think Democrat to Abe's Conservative) and will certainly lead to some interesting in fighting among the Diet if he departs since his prime choice to follow him up Inaba may also be sucked into his scandal this time.

Also there's stuff going down in Korea as well. You have 15 people being indited along with the President who is being impeached, this is going to put a huge strain on stuff with the defense contracts since Park okay'd them and they have to be re looked into. NK is making pushes and then there was a pro Park rally that went violent that caused some deaths.

Oh and did anyone know that the Saudi's were visiting Japan for economics all while this is going on?

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Those people fell for Trump's con hook, line and sinker, believing his bullshit about how he was going to ride to their rescue. Well, they're learning the hard way it was all a sham to get their votes, and now the Orange Devil is kicking them to the curb.
    Worse still there are people there that still believe that this is only a good thing because it will mean that the coal operators don't have to worry about the government so they can bring jobs back. *sighs*

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

Oh look, my state representative speaks... will someone just lock him in a closet already?

During an interview with CNN’s Chris Cuomo, Duffy blasted more than 30 Democratic lawmakers who say they will not attend Trump’s swearing in ceremony.

“I was not thrilled, it was a very depressing day in 2008 and 2012 in the Duffy household when President Obama won reelection,” the Wisconsin Republican recalled. “We fought hard for the Republican candidate. We weren’t happy. But guess what? We go to the inauguration, maybe with a heavy heart, but it’s part of this American process that Republicans and Democrats come together as one America.”

Duffy compared the Democrats who are participating in the boycott to children who are “used to getting a juice box and a trophy” even when they lose.

“Listen, Donald Trump won,” he continued. “You may not agree with his agenda just like we didn’t agree with President Obama’s agenda. But show up! That’s your duty as a Republican congressman. Be part of the process.”

Duffy warned that Republicans may retaliate by boycotting the inauguration of future Democratic presidents.

“Because what this does is, in the future, what happens with the next Democrat (sic) presidential election… are Republicans supposed to say that we’re going to stay home, that these events become partisan in nature?” he remarked. “That’s bad for the country.”

“Show up, be part of it. Put your big boy pants on and let’s start working together.”
    Opinions may vary in quality.

Current Manga Reviews: Twin Star Exorcists Vol. 3, Library Wars Vol. 15 and Inuyashiki Vol. 3

Got this on my phone, Trump and Spicer have Britain and Germany completely confused. Will get more info soon.

Trump baffles Britain and Germany

This is getting weirder and weirder.

Trump stands by unsubstantiated claim that British intelligence spied on him

Donald Trump refused to back down on Friday in the face of British outrage at White House press secretary Sean Spicer’s decision to repeat an unsubstantiated claim that British intelligence had spied on the president.

Asked about the claim during a joint press conference with Angela Merkel, the German chancellor, Trump said Spicer had only been quoting “a talented lawyer” who had been speaking on Fox News. “We said nothing,” argued Trump. “All we did was quote a certain very talented legal mind who was the one responsible for saying that on television.”
    The US president added: “You shouldn’t be talking to me, you should be talking to Fox.”

Fox News distanced itself on Friday from the original claim of British eavesdropping made by its “senior judicial analyst”, Andrew Napolitano, a former judge.

Shephard Smith, a Fox News anchor, said Judge Andrew Napolitano commented on the morning show Fox & Friends that he has sources who say British intelligence was involved in surveillance at Trump Tower.

“Fox News cannot confirm Judge Napolitano’s commentary. Fox News knows of no evidence of any kind that the now President of the United States was surveilled at any time, in any way, full stop,” Smith said.
    Last edited by Tami; 03-17-2017 at 04:29 PM.

Ultimate Member TheInvisibleMan's Avatar

Joni Ernst got booed at her town hall after saying Betsy DeVos was "thoroughly vetted"
    “If you listen to the fans, you’ll find yourself sitting with them”

- Joe Kuharich

Quote Originally Posted by TheInvisibleMan View Post
    Joni Ernst got booed at her town hall after saying Betsy DeVos was "thoroughly vetted"
    Is "thoroughly vetted" another way of saying "her check cleared"?

Has anyone heard about the Odebrecht scandals?

Basically a Brazilian real state company was giving money to different politicians here in South America and guess what, my current president recieved money from them but no only that, the other guy who was running against him ALSO got money for the campaign, our president now is saying that he didnt know about the problem is that he was the chief of his own campaign.

Hmmmm this is awful, it looks like the next election in my country will be define by "establishment vs anti-establishment" just like the other elections in first world countries, i didnt want it come to this.

Quote Originally Posted by mojotastic View Post
    Has anyone heard about the Odebrecht scandals?

Basically a Brazilian real state company was giving money to different politicians here in South America and guess what, my current president recieved money from them but no only that, the other guy who was running against him ALSO got money for the campaign, our president now is saying that he didnt know about the problem is that he was the chief of his own campaign.

Hmmmm this is awful, it looks like the next election in my country will be define by "establishment vs anti-establishment" just like the other elections in first world countries, i didnt want it come to this.
    Is it anything like what is going on in Europe?

Ultimate Member TheInvisibleMan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JCAll View Post
    Is "thoroughly vetted" another way of saying "her check cleared"?
    considering this cabinet, Id say that's a big fat YES
    “If you listen to the fans, you’ll find yourself sitting with them”

- Joe Kuharich