The question isn't whether the Republicans are hypocritical, corrupt assholes trying to subvert the truth and protect a possibly illegitimate administration.

The question is whether the American people will notice.
    There came a time when the name edhopper died! The final moment came with the fatal release of indescribable power--which tore every post that bore the name edhopper asunder--split it linto a new identity, and filled CBR with the blinding death flash of it's destruction! In the end there was a new user name, spinning slow and barren, clean of all that had gone before, adrift in the fading sounds of binary thunder...THEN----THERE WAS KIRBY101

Cthulhu's Accountant Shining Trapezohedron's Avatar

God, I hope so, because if nothing else, this hearing is seriously making the Republicans look like shills for 1.) their own party before anything else, and 2.) for Putin, by categorically refusing to talk about the Russian Infiltration and only about the Government leaks, which have -zero- to do with the hearing in the first place.

It also doesn't help that the Republicans look like bumbling idiots here, and the Democrats like professionals.

Oh shit. Democrats now going in on Republicans, their platform changing into Pro-Putin/Russians through pressure through Trump and his connections to Russia.

Listing up the Republicans and Trump associates who had connections to Russia, etc.

Ouch.

That is great to point that out!
    Last edited by Shining Trapezohedron; 03-20-2017 at 09:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shining Trapezohedron View Post
    Oh shit. Democrats now going in on Republicans, their platform changing into Pro-Putin/Russians through pressure through Trump and his connections to Russia.

Listing up the Republicans and Trump associates who had connections to Russia, etc.

Ouch.

That is great to point that out!
    Huh? I'm not watching, so I'm a bit confused.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    GM of the Rumbler's League - Currently on Extended Hiatus
    Caretaker of Khazan's Cosmic Library
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn and/or imaginatively created.

Comey and Rogers: "Russia is our adversary and they want to harm us."

Both agree that the Russians intended to hurt Clinton and support Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Democrats are pointing out that Trump's Government and Campaign associates and helpers had connections to Russia, and that they influenced the GOP's position in regards to Russia into Pro-Putin.
    Then proceeded to list up the names.

Oh, they aren't done with it yet.

Now they point out Tillersons connection to Russia.

Ok, Comey and Rogers both refused to comment on Tillerson (after Flynn), indicating he is under investigation, too?
    Last edited by Shining Trapezohedron; 03-20-2017 at 09:52 AM.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Neither am I, but it would appear from what I've read here that Republicans are doing their damndest to steer things away from Trump's all to obvious connections to the Ivans which is the main issue, and the most damaging to the administration by focusing on the small fry bullshit that's the leaks instead, which is subterfuge at it's slimiest, but Democrats are having none of that.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Good for the Democrats. I wish I could watch, but I'll catch up in the reruns online later.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Neither am I, but it would appear from what I've read here that Republicans are doing their damndest to steer things away from Trump's all to obvious connections to the Ivans which is the main issue, and the most damaging to the administration by focusing on the small fry bullshit that's the leaks instead, which is subterfuge at it's slimiest, but Democrats are having none of that.
    I'm catching that on Twitter as well. The Dems want to talk about Trump/Russsia, the Repubs want to talk about Leaks and wiretapping.

I'm sorry if I am a bit confusing in my posts.

I'm literally writing stuff down as I listen to it, and since English isn't my first language, it may come out a bit convoluted.

I'm catching that on Twitter as well. The Dems want to talk about Trump/Russsia, the Repubs want to talk about Leaks and wiretapping.
    Pretty much.
    It also seems the Republicans try to throw out loaded questions to try and undermine Comey and Rogers with a little.

Comey and Rogers just said that they think the Russians were successful in their attempt to influence the democratic process in the US, and they are pretty damn sure that they will try again in 2018 and 2020.

Edit:

oh, what the hell.
    Here we go, Republicans trying to double down on the "Obama spied on Trump" thing.
    Last edited by Shining Trapezohedron; 03-20-2017 at 10:00 AM.

Wait are you guys talking about Commey hearing or Gorsuch hearing? I am listening the of hearing Gorsuch.
    Last edited by mojotastic; 03-20-2017 at 10:15 AM.

Ok, so the Republicans, at this hearing about Russian Infiltration, focus on three points.

1. Who leaked stuff.
    2. Intelligence Community is evil.
    3. Obama spied on Trump.

What the F...

I'm sorry if I am a bit confusing in my posts.

I'm literally writing stuff down as I listen to it, and since English isn't my first language, it may come out a bit convoluted.
    No problem. Thanks for your comments.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Ok, so the Republicans, at this hearing about Russian Infiltration, focus on three points.

1. Who leaked stuff.
    2. Intelligence Community is evil.
    3. Obama spied on Trump.

What the F...
    Those are the only cards the Republicans can play, and they're going to keep playing them to the bitter end. Like I said earlier, it's all about diverting attention from the REAL issue of Trump and his minions being in bed with the Russians. They have to protect Cheeto Jesus and his increasingly illegitimate administration at all costs, and this is their defense. The longer this dog and pony show goes on, the more people will start wondering what Trump is hiding, and to what lengths Republicans will go to keep him in office?
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!