They are talking about collusion, which ties directly to Trump in my opinion.
    Original join date: 11/2004
    GM of the Rumbler's League
    Caretaker of Khazan's Cosmic Library

Cthulhu's Accountant Shining Trapezohedron's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Those are the only cards the Republicans can play, and they're going to keep playing them to the bitter end. Like I said earlier, it's all about diverting attention from the REAL issue of Trump and his minions being in bed with the Russians. They have to protect Cheeto Jesus and his increasingly illegitimate administration at all costs, and this is their defense. The longer this dog and pony show goes on, the more people will start wondering what Trump is hiding, and to what lengths Republicans will go to keep him in office?
    I am not sure how this is flying.
    It is clearly traitorous behaviour to try and distract from a matter of national security.

They literally try to avoid having to talk about a direct threat to the American People by a Hostile Foreign Power.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Youtube too
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9xSoCUGmh6s

I want to add something more about the news that article 50 being activated next Wednesday.

there is the subject of Scottish independence and why i dont think it wont happen as i mentioned in the brexit thread.

The problem Scotland would encounter is Spain.

The foreign minister of Spain has already said and quote "If by mutual agreement and by virtue of constitutional change Scotland ended up being independent, our thesis is that it could not stay inside the European Union,” he said this week. “It would have to join the queue, meet the requirements, go through the recognised negotiating system and the end result will be whatever those negotiations produce.”

Mariano Rajoy, current president of Spain who is a conservative for his party the PP, who see Scotland independence and subsequent participation in the EU, as a danger since it would mean that has a chance Catalan to gain independence, that why they want Scotland to remain outside of the EU so they can dissuade Catalans to follow the same path.

I think Mike Turner is trying to undermine Comey's investigation. Feel liek telling him to shut up, Turner is annoying. Now back to leaking.
    Last edited by Tami; 03-20-2017 at 10:27 AM.

I think Mike Turner is trying to undermine Comey's investigation.
    That is -literally- what I've been thinking just this moment.

This is something they keep on doing during the whole session so far.
    (Rogers generally agrees with Comey, but they don't attack him.)

It's rather interesting.

Every half an hour or so, they keep attacking Comey, while the Democrats are solely focusing on the matter at hand.

It makes for a stark contrast.

Edit: Holy hell... I just realize what they try to do with this.

They LITERALLY try to undermine the pictures and reports about Trump-people/GOP meeting with Russians, downplaying them.

That traitorous scum...
    Last edited by Shining Trapezohedron; 03-20-2017 at 10:28 AM.

Unbe-F*cking-lievable!

Turner just did the "Washington Post, New York Times, FAKE NEWS" thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Shining Trapezohedron View Post
    Unbe-F*cking-lievable!

Turner just did the "Washington Post, New York Times, FAKE NEWS" thing.
    Yep, the Repubs make me want to cringe.

Yep, the Repubs make me want to cringe.
    Holy shit.. and now they imply again the IC is leaking stuff to the press (again. They did that already twice so far).

They attack the Intelligence Community FAR more than Russia in this hearing.

This is absolutely crazy.

They avoid Russia like the plague, but keep on attacking the IC.

AND back to FAKE NEWS New York Times, etc.

Edit:
    Are you kidding me...

They actually try to say the Russians are behind the New York Times, Washington Post, etc... this is unbelievable.

This is.. Jesus Christ...
    Last edited by Shining Trapezohedron; 03-20-2017 at 10:37 AM.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Holy shit.. and now they imply again the IC is leaking stuff to the press (again. They did that already twice so far).

They attack the Intelligence Community FAR more than Russia in this hearing.

This is absolutely crazy.

They avoid Russia like the plague, but keep on attacking the IC.

AND back to FAKE NEWS New York Times, etc.

Edit:
    Are you kidding me...

They actually try to say the Russians are behind the New York Times, Washington Post, etc... this is unbelievable.

This is.. Jesus Christ...
    This is the Republicans putting party ahead of country---AGAIN! Saying anything, and I do mean ANYTHING to take the focus off Trump's dalliance with the Russians. They'll attack anyone, the Intelligence Community, the Vatican, the Girl Scouts, ANYONE other than Russia. They don't give a fuck if all that shit sounds batshit crazy because Trump lemmings watching this shitshow will swallow that nonsense hook, line and sinker. I'm sure it'll only get worse before it's mercifully concluded.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    This is the Republicans putting party ahead of country---AGAIN! Saying anything, and I do mean ANYTHING to take the focus off Trump's dalliance with the Russians. They'll attack anyone, the Intelligence Community, the Vatican, the Girl Scouts, ANYONE other than Russia. They don't give a fuck if all that shit sounds batshit crazy because Trump lemmings watching this shitshow will swallow that nonsense hook, line and sinker. I'm sure it'll only get worse before it's mercifully concluded.
    Seriously.

Democrats, again, keep talking about the Russian Interference and their influence on Trump.

And now Republicans are, again, running with the whole "New York Times - Russian plant!" thing.
    They really try to make this a thing, don't they?

They do the whole "No puppet! You're the puppet!"

Wow, they just told Comey that he makes shit up.
    "Your job is difficult because a lot of conjecture about any relationship with russians."
    Last edited by Shining Trapezohedron; 03-20-2017 at 11:13 AM.

Trump associates' links with Russia: what we know so far

Questions continue to be asked about the scale of alleged Russian influence over the president and the campaign that took him to the White House. Here we look at the links – known and alleged – between Donald Trump’s associates and allies and Moscow

Seriously.

Democrats, again, keep talking about the Russian Interference and their influence on Trump.

And now Republicans are, again, running with the whole "New York Times - Russian plant!" thing.
    They really try to make this a thing, don't they?

They do the whole "No puppet! You're the puppet!"

Wow, they just told Comey that he makes shit up.
    "Your job is difficult because a lot of conjecture about any relationship with russians."
    You have to have a criminal mind to be a Republican in politics these days.

And this is only the tip of the iceberg. God only knows what sort of shenanigans Trump's sons or Ivanka might have been mixed up in, never mind any of his other minions. If Trump thought none of this shit would ever come to light if he won the election, he's not only arrogant as hell, but dumber than a box of hammers.

Remember when the anti-Hillary crowd said we can't possibly have a President that might be under criminal investigation?

I remember clearly.
    There came a time when the name edhopper died! The final moment came with the fatal release of indescribable power--which tore every post that bore the name edhopper asunder--split it linto a new identity, and filled CBR with the blinding death flash of it's destruction! In the end there was a new user name, spinning slow and barren, clean of all that had gone before, adrift in the fading sounds of binary thunder...THEN----THERE WAS KIRBY101

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Remember when the anti-Hillary crowd said we can't possibly have a President that might be under criminal investigation?

I remember clearly.
    Same here. I doubt if even the right leaning, partisan slugs on Faux News can defend this mess with Trump, though Lord knows they'll sure try.