Incredible Member Kal-El Summers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jeanvaljean View Post
    Unfuckingbelievable
    Spicey said that Trump's campaign manager Manafort played a "very limited role" in Trump's campaign.

Think about that.

Now, #VeryLimitedRole is trending nationally on Twitter.
    Spicey apparently said that Manafort was only on the campaign for 8 weeks too, lol.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Unfuckingbelievable
    Spicey said that Trump's campaign manager Manafort played a "very limited role" in Trump's campaign.

Think about that.

Now, #VeryLimitedRole is trending nationally on Twitter.
    At this point, I wouldn't be surprised if Corey Lewandowski had a very limited role.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Two years ago on this date, “Crazy/Stupid Republican of the Day” posted a profile of Rex Duncan, a former member of the Oklahoma House of Representatives. It wasn’t enough for us that Duncan was hard to the right on abortion rights, and gun rights, or that he supported strict Voter ID laws to combat the statistically non-existent problem of in-person voter fraud that bothered us. It wasn’t even the fact that Duncan sponsored bills to nullify federal law, whether it was the Affordable Care Act, or firearms laws. It wasn’t even that he voted to make English the official language of Oklahoma, and that given precedent, that’s patently unconstitutional. No, it was more of the fact that he was the sponsor of HJR 1056, Oklahoma’s attempt to place a ban upon Sharia Law or International Law in Courts that really struck us as being silly. Even more so when he accused the African-American judge who overturned it of “going out of her way to side with minorities and make up a reason for it”. Duncan left the Oklahoma state legislature in 2010 and has yet to make good on a promise to return to politics that we know of.

One year ago today, “Crazy/Stupid Republican of the Day” posted a profile of Glen Bradley, a former one-term member of the North Carolina House of Representatives who after cutting his teeth in North Carolina politics by working on the 2008 Ron Paul campaign for president (which will explain a lot of where Bradley got his ideas), got elected in (what else?) the Tea Party Wave of 2010, quickly becoming allies with CSGOPOTD alumni Larry Pittman, and the two frequently began to back the ideas of the other. Glen Bradley would come up with ideas like having North Carolina develop its own currency and co-sponsored North Carolina's attempt to nullify the Affordable Care Act. By September of 2011, Bradley was already getting a reputation for being "out there", like when he gave a speech warning that gay marriage will increase the divorce rate and perpetuate the cycle of poverty. In 2012, things got more interesting regarding Glen Bradley. He set himself up to run for the upper chamber, and his campaign website listed him as a "founding member of the Oath Keepers", and Stuart Rhodes, the leader of the anti-government group, came to Raleigh, North Carolina to meet with Bradley, publicly, to talk about his desire to nullify the National Defense Authorization Act. Bradley's increasing paranoia started to become a distraction to even the simplest legislation on the floor of the North Carolina House before much longer. In June 2012, a simple discussion over extending the local Food Advisory Council's mandate for another three years was enough to get Bradley to start rambling about the United Nations' Agenda 21 Treaty being behind the move, and that any talk of "sustainability" was actually coded talk to help "lull the public into complacency". Bradley's attempt to make the jump to the North Carolina State Senate saw him get crushed in the GOP Primary for that seat, finishing third with 13.8% of the vote. He since has also failed to get elected to the Vice-Chair of the North Carolina Republican Party, and has mercifully faded from relevance since so we'll start profiling a different wacky Republican on this date instead. (Current crazy/stupid scoreboard, is now 566-20, since this was established in July 2014.)

John Bradford

Welcome to the 566th original “Crazy/Stupid Republican of the Day” profile, where today, we’ll be talking about John Bradford, a former two-term member of the Kansas House of Representatives from 2013-2017 after winning office in 2012 by less than 200 votes. Bradford came into office to further the agenda of obsessive fiscal conservative Sam Brownback, who continues to ruin Kansas by filtering all the state's money to the richest people in the state while cutting every last dollar they can from the state's education programs and other pieces of the social safety net.

And for a term, Bradford was reasonably unassuming in that role. And then he got a bit of notoriety for having a less than politically-savvy response to an e-mail from a constituent who was upset that Kansas Republicans were going to pass a bill that might make the ride service Uber forced to leave Kansas, and her blind husband used it frequently. You see, Bradford decided to answer, simply:

Gee, it's almost like the GOP don't even want to represent the people they're tasked with doing so anymore, huh?

A few months later, John Bradford was speaking before a group of school students touring the state capitol, where, unprompted, he went on a rant against gays and lesbians, and lamenting the "gay disease".

It was shortly after John Bradford lost his seat in the 2016 elections that he took solace in the fact that President Obama was leaving office, taking to Facebook to celebrate by sharing racist memes about it that managed to feature both a caricature of the president, and or whatever reason, some offensive jokes about Mexicans. That's especially sad, because Bradford once voted to punish a colleague who called them racist for voting for policies that were, y'know, racist.

Considering that during his time in office, he voted to ban all D&E abortions, voted for "religious freedom" laws to allow for the discrimination of LGBT citizens, and once sponsored legislation to attempt to nullify federal firearm laws, we're rather tickled to learn that he is now out of office. Let's hope that holds.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

I think it is also important that Comey confirmed something that I and others on this thread have speculated on quite a few times:

Both parties were hacked.
    Only material from the Democratic Party hacks were selectively made public by the Russians via Wikileaks.

That means they likely still have material to blackmail Trump and the GOP.
    Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    And thanks to Roger Stone shooting his mouth off on Twitter last week, we know he was in direct contact with Wikileaks while they were leaking info from the DNC, and the Trump campaign knew what was going to be released BEFORE Wikileaks even released it.
    So, what's going to be the big distraction from all of this? Taking All Bets!

It is frustrating

Clinton camp unloads on Comey

Noting that Comey acknowledged receiving Department of Justice approval to publicly reveal his agency’s investigation into potential collusion between Trump’s campaign and Russia, Clinton’s former press secretary Brian Fallon tweeted, “An approval he did not care to obtain in Clinton’s case."

Fallon — who was a former senior official in the Justice Department under Attorney General Eric Holder — joined other former Clinton aides in also grumbling about the revelation that the FBI was investigating the Trump campaign as of late July, but that Comey didn’t disclose it until now.
    Original join date: 11/2004
    GM of the Rumbler's League
    Caretaker of Khazan's Cosmic Library

Quote Originally Posted by Dalak View Post
    Everything is a distraction from everything. We have Trump/Russia, the Gorsuch hearings, Trumpcare, the Immigration Ban ... did I leave anything out?

In case anyone missed this

Put me down for global thermonuclear war.

Ultimate Member TheInvisibleMan's Avatar

Ohio to close two coal plants, cite inefficiency and inability to keep up with energy demands
    “If you listen to the fans, you’ll find yourself sitting with them”

- Joe Kuharich

Another recommended viewing

Cthulhu's Accountant Shining Trapezohedron's Avatar

With the Comey stuff I completely missed out on Gorsuch.

Wow, today the Democrats were in attack mode, and they were fucking splendid!

You know, I'm really glad that the "speak easy and suck up" part of the Democrats didn't win internally.

They tried that for the last 8 years, and it got them nowhere.

For me, this hearing is about the people in this country who are getting screwed every single stinking minute and hour of the day,” Sen. Mazie Hirono (D-Hawaii) said in an unusually blunt outburst. “As I've reviewed your opinions, I have not seen that the rights of minorities are a priority for you. In fact, a pattern jumps out at me: you rarely seem to find in favor of the little guy."
    One decision Democrats frequently mentioned was the case of Alphonse Maddin, a TransAm truck driver who was fired for leaving behind his tractor-trailer in subzero temperatures when his brakes stopped working. TransAm was fined for dismissing Maddin and while that penalty was upheld, Gorsuch sided against the driver.

"There was no heater in the truck and according to his recollection, it was so cold, it was 14 degrees below,"
    Sen. Dick Durbin (D-Ill.) said. "Not as cold as your dissent, Judge Gorsuch, that argued that his firing was lawful."
    Someone get some ice, because that sure as hell was a burn.

Others tied Gorsuch directly to the numerous controversies surrounding the Trump administration, not the least of which was FBI director James Comey's simultaneous testimony before the House Intelligence Committee that federal investigators are probing ties between Trump's campaign and Russian officials.

"The possibility of the Supreme Court needing to enforce a subpoena against the president is no longer idle speculation,"
    Sen. Richard Blumenthal (D-Conn.) told Gorsuch. "So the independence of the judiciary is more important than ever, and your defense of it is critical."
    http://www.politico.com/story/2017/0...-battle-236257

Where were these guys the last few years?

Could it be they realize that the wishy washy approach has run its course and they need to show some balls?
    Last edited by Shining Trapezohedron; 03-20-2017 at 03:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Everything is a distraction from everything. We have Trump/Russia, the Gorsuch hearings, Trumpcare, the Immigration Ban ... did I leave anything out?
    So, overwhelming tsunami of scandal. Got it.

Quote Originally Posted by JCAll View Post
    Put me down for global thermonuclear war.
    Ahhh, the most dangerous game. Noted.

Quote Originally Posted by Shining Trapezohedron View Post

Could it be they realize that the wishy washy approach has run its course and they need to show some balls?
    I certainly hope so, I'm tired of the response to the open hand of compromise repeatedly slapped away being unquestioning acceptance before trying it again.

Quote Originally Posted by Shining Trapezohedron View Post

Apparently supporting him back in 2006.

http://www.politifact.com/florida/st...2006-confirma/

I was listening to the hearing and Ted Cruz mentioned that.

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    What exactly are you talking about here? Seriously, I can't make heads or tails out of what you're saying here.
    The reasoning that winds up with the waiter doing what he did.

It existed before Trump. It will probably be there when Trump is dead.

Cthulhu's Accountant Shining Trapezohedron's Avatar

I certainly hope so, I'm tired of the response to the open hand of compromise repeatedly slapped away being unquestioning acceptance before trying it again.