Page 5597 of 5597 FirstFirst ... 4597509754975547558755935594559555965597
Results 83,941 to 83,953 of 83953

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Donald Trump versus LaVar Ball: Who you got in this slugfest:

http://www.cnn.com/2017/11/18/politi...ump/index.html
    There's a reason why pro-wrestling doesn't book heel vs. heel matchups too often.

The difference is, I don't think Trump realizes he is one. And even when WWE booked him like a face, the crowd booed him like he was one.

But to break it down better... one of the most important sentiments in conflict is "not leaving a man behind". Remember Trump trying to celebrate how the North Koreans gave back Otto Warmbier, and then had to puff up about how mad he was after he died upon his return? Well, if it wasn't clear that in negotiations, he only cares about getting Americans back so he can take a victory lap, and that he actual gives not a s*** about anyone else, it is now. Then again, maybe we should have known considering how he feels about John McCain's war heroism.

Approval ratings about to go down, except among racists who will play up the "ungrateful black man after his thug son got saved" factor.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

The Franken story has another victim... but doesn't.

Karri Kathleen Turner, once a star on CBS's Jag back in the day, did a USO Tour of Kuwait in 2003 with Al Franken. He also wanted to "rehearse" a scene and kissed her when she wasn't in to it. She has no regrets, though...

Because the whole thing is a comedy skit.

It's a five minute skit written where Franken, on stage in front of the troops, says he has a script from a potential Jag episode, and a few minutes in, uses the scene in the script they're rehearsing to kiss Turner, who in the skit, protests, saying she'd rather kiss one of the service members in the crowd. The bit continues where a G.I. then takes the stage, and rehearses the scene in the part that Franken just did, and Turner gleefully kisses the G.I. to cheers.

The show then switches to a different skit Franken dressing up as Saddam Hussein, down to wearing handcuffs and portraying him as a complete idiot for the troops to heckle and laugh at.

I look forward to the results of Franken's ethics investigation, where he is revealed by Republicans to have a desire to humble and humiliate himself to entertain the troops.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

And here we go with Trump again...

Sen. Jeff Flake(y), who is unelectable in the Great State of Arizona (quit race, anemic polls) was caught (purposely) on “mike” saying bad things about your favorite President. He’ll be a NO on tax cuts because his political career anyway is “toast.”
    What he was saying bad things about Obama?! How DARE he?!

Also...

Opinions may vary in quality.

Current Manga Reviews: Twin Star Exorcists Vol. 3, Library Wars Vol. 15 and Inuyashiki Vol. 3

Looks like American Taliban...sorry, Family Research Council...leader, Tony Perkins, knew about Wes Goodman being a problematic, hypocritical predator a few years ago, but helped cover it up to ensure the Religious Right's continued quest for power over American lives got a few more years of push.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...=.2e80eab5197e

What a good Christian...
    Last edited by zinderel; Today at 04:46 PM.
    "God once spoke through burning bushes. Now, He seems to prefer speaking through flaming a**holes." - Uncredited Internet Genius

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    Let's be honest here. Some women do look for it, and dress accordingly. However, that doesn't mean they want it from every guy who crosses their path. We men have to understand that women are considerably more choosy than we are.
    Well there in lies some of the issue. When a lady is looking for something, some guys get freaked out, so those ladies figure they are not interested. In turn, same guy may comeback later to hit on the Gladys who is no longer interested, then they get mad at the lady who at one time was interested and isn't any more, and round and round it goes and in reverse too.

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    Cause in reality most guys are going to have the men and women in their lives call them or view them as pussy's if they do that. I'm not saying that to be funny, but that's the stigma a lot of guys get with this sort of thing. I've seen so many girls at clubs get away with cat calls and touching or saying things that for a guy could teeter on harassment if the girl wasn't up for it.
    I had a guy friend once groped at a club by a woman once, he was embarrassed and wanted to leave.

Quote Originally Posted by zinderel View Post
    Looks like American Taliban...sorry, Family Research Council...leader, Tony Perkins, knew about Wes Goodman being a problematic, hypocritical predator a few years ago, but helped cover it up to ensure the Religious Right's continued quest for power over American lives got a few more years of push.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...=.2e80eab5197e

What a good Christian...
    Interesting. I've read less than appealing things about Perkins over the years. I'm not surprised that he knew about it.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Donald Trump versus LaVar Ball: Who you got in this slugfest:

http://www.cnn.com/2017/11/18/politi...ump/index.html
    Quote Originally Posted by TheInvisibleMan View Post
    is it wrong that Id be entirely ok with Dolt 45 having the NSA black bagging LaVar Ball?
    We could just have Pimpinela Escarlata run out, and do what it is that he does to the both of them.

In Vox, Ezra Klein considers whether the 2016 Democratic primary was rigged.

He thinks the biggest effect was in clearing the field of most potential opponents.

The core facts are straightforward: As Barack Obama’s presidency drew to a close, the DNC was deep in debt. In return for a bailout, DNC Chair Debbie Wasserman Schultz gave Hillary Clinton’s campaign more potential control over its operations and hiring decisions than was either ethical or wise. But those operations were mostly irrelevant to the primary and couldn’t have been used to rig the process even if anyone had wanted to use them that way; the primary schedule, debate schedule, and rules were set well in advance of these agreements. “I found nothing to say they were gaming the primary system,” Brazile told me. And while that contradicts the more sensational language she used in her book, it fits the facts she laid out both in her original piece and since.

But there’s a larger context that is more important than what happened at the DNC and is getting lost in the back and forth over joint fundraising agreements and staffing power. The Democratic Party — which is a different and more complex entity than the Democratic National Committee, and which includes elected officials and funders and activists and interest groups who are not expected to be neutral in primaries — really did favor Hillary Clinton from early in the campaign, and really did shape the race in consequential ways.

The irony is that Sanders was a prime beneficiary of this bias, not a victim of it. The losers were potential candidates like Vice President Joe Biden, Sen. Warren, or Colorado Gov. John Hickenlooper — and, thus, Democratic primary voters, who ended up with few choices in 2016. To the extent Democratic primary voters feel like they were denied a broad range of candidates in 2016, and that party officials tried to clear the field to coronate Clinton, well, they’re right.

Democratic elites, defined broadly, shaped the primary before voters ever got a chance to weigh in, and the way they tried to shape it was by uniting behind Clinton early in the hopes of avoiding a bruising, raucous race.
    Sanders benefited from the cleared field.

nd then he got a gift. Clinton, in reality, didn’t just clear the Democratic field for herself — she cleared it for Sanders also. If he’d been running in a race that included Warren and Biden and Booker, it might have been a lot harder for his voice to break through. But he was really just running against Clinton and O’Malley. He was the only candidate representing the party’s populist-liberal wing and, given O’Malley’s failure to ignite voters, also the only candidate who offered Clinton’s critics a chance to stop her coronation.

Clinton’s obvious and overwhelming support among party elites also gave Sanders a potent issue, particularly among Democratic voters who weren’t fans of the frontrunner. Sanders’s whole message was that the powerful and connected were rigging the systems of wealth and influence against the powerless, and here, in the Democratic Party, was one more example. Look at how few debates there were. Look at the emails in which DNC staffers clearly preferred Clinton. Look at all Clinton’s endorsements, her money, her machine. Did this look fair to you? Did this feel fair to you?

“They handed him a wedge issue,” says Ray Buckley, chair of the New Hampshire Democratic Party. “It connected to his entire message about the elite versus the people.”

Other candidates I spoke to during and after the primaries recalled how hard it was to get money from Democratic funders, how hard it was to attract top Democratic staff. And then there were the Democratic debates — or lack thereof.

"The Republicans began debating every other week beginning in July,” recalls O’Malley. “And we were silent until October. Then we had our one primetime debate. That was in Las Vegas. And then we weren’t on primetime again until Iowa happened."

It’s not clear, in retrospect, that the sparse debate schedule was helpful for Clinton — debates are arguably her best medium. But what’s undeniable is that they were a way of limiting the voters’ exposure to the candidates.

None of this amounts to a rigging, or even anything particularly unusual. Brazile, for one, notes that she also worked to clear the field when she managed Gore’s 2000 campaign. “That’s politics,” she says. “There’s nothing wrong with that.”

But it led to a primary in which Democratic voters had few choices, and few opportunities to hear from the choices they did have.
    It is worth noting that Sanders won key primaries and caucsues while Martin O'Malley was an afterthought, so it wasn't just being not-Hillary that helped him out.

Klein thinks a larger field would have better for Hillary and the party.

Still, I think Democrats made a mistake clearing the field in 2016. I even think Clinton’s campaign made a mistake clearing the field in 2016. Coronation isn’t a good look for anyone, and voters don’t like the feeling that someone is trying to make their choice for them. My guess is Clinton would’ve still won in a larger field, but the win would have felt more earned, more legitimate. And if she lost — if, unlike Sanders, Biden had decided the American people had not yet heard enough about the damn emails, and had run hard on them, and had taken Clinton down — Democrats might have been saved a debacle.

The reason it’s unwise for the party to try to decide as firmly and as early as Democrats did in 2016 is the party doesn’t have very good information that far before a general election. Candidates who look strong prove weak. Voters who seem satisfied prove restive. Competitive primaries surface unexpected information. If we’ve learned nothing else, it’s that political elites shouldn’t be so arrogant as to assume they can predict future elections.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Invincible Member TheInvisibleMan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    We could just have Pimpinela Escarlata run out, and do what it is that he does to the both of them.
    Id pay money to see Pimpi run out and do that to both of them

both their heads would explode
    “If you listen to the fans, you’ll find yourself sitting with them”

- Joe Kuharich

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Fair enough, if all there was were the photos and video. Best to take it as a single piece of a puzzle and see what picture emerges when all the pieces are put together.

I agree that what a woman does should not make her a victim, but ....

If all Women are automatically to be believed, then all men are automatically guilty. That's not justice. Women are often victims, but we are not all saintly [just most of us].
    I hear ya, but lol. Not really.
    One of the things I always hear is that if women ran the world it'd be a much better place. I've lived around the world, served in the US Air Force, and did more volunteering than the Average Americorp Teen.
    Women are pretty ruthless and just as petty as men can be. I'd say a 49/51 ratio. Women just hide it better than most males lol. The Current Millenial and their kids won't be as demure as their parents and grandparents were.

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    Let's be honest here. Some women do look for it, and dress accordingly. However, that doesn't mean they want it from every guy who crosses their path. We men have to understand that women are considerably more choosy than we are.
    I won't agree with that. I'm pretty fuckin picky. I think a lot of guys actually are, society kinda tells men and makes other men think we're knuckle-draggers somehow.
    Is always confused.....

My Name is Psylocke, "Stabby stabby pew pew!"

My Psylocke stories at Fanfiction.net (ignore the editing, it's bad on purpose) https://www.fanfiction.net/~tazirai
    My better edited versions on Comicvine. Just check profile and my forum posts in fan fiction section. http://comicvine.gamespot.com/profile/tazirai/

Quote Originally Posted by wjowski View Post
    Holy shit a time-traveller from the Neolithic era!
    Really dude?

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    This might seem archaic, but girls like sex too and sometimes go out and try to get it.
    Facts.

White Knights and Caped types love to think women are virginal prudes who have no agency or can't seek what they want. I've dealt with many women in my time. I'd say a good 80% know exactly what they want, and don't wait for me to make decisions.
    That remark he made in itself is kinda sexist.
    Is always confused.....

My Name is Psylocke, "Stabby stabby pew pew!"

My Psylocke stories at Fanfiction.net (ignore the editing, it's bad on purpose) https://www.fanfiction.net/~tazirai
    My better edited versions on Comicvine. Just check profile and my forum posts in fan fiction section. http://comicvine.gamespot.com/profile/tazirai/

Charles Manson is dead.