Page 6906 of 6906 FirstFirst ... 5906640668066856689669026903690469056906
Results 103,576 to 103,590 of 103590
    "Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

Paul Ryan's official statement...

Take note of something. Not once does he mention Trump.

So, did Trump ask his Bff Putin to take down Amazon on their big Prime Day sale?
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by ouroboros View Post
    An illustrative hypothesis is not a contravention of reality.

But since you have the solution and I admit that I don't see one, by all means tell me what you think the government ought to do when faced with massive migrations? If you don't like the policy of kids being put in cages without their parents, do you favor the previous policy, where they were confined together? Or should they all be released into the general populace, with or without ankle monitors? (Ankle monitors, as I recall, were advocated by Bernie, but the seekers are obliged to pay for them.) What is this easy solution you have access to?
    You seemed to have bought the Trump and GOP line that immigration is is one of our most pressing problems hook, line and sinker.
    It's not by the way.Not by a long shot.
    But it does feed the racist GOP majority with red meat
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Bernie just did a CEO vs Workers Forum. it was EYE OPENING.

Jeff Bezos of Amazon just hit 150 BILLION in NET worth.
    But his workers work on poverty wages. I don't mind when you make that amount of money IF your workers are fairly compensated. 12.50 an hour is not a lot of money.

Amazon paid ZERO in Taxes last year, and GOT a Tax cut.

Yet he has workers who also receive welfare.
    Yet they get called Job Creators, and their workers should just be grateful.

Amazing.
    We're the RICHEST nation in the world, and can afford ANY war we want, but can't afford to pay our workers fair wages?

Every 10 seconds Jeff Bezos makes 28k
    Is always confused.....

My Name is Psylocke, "Stabby stabby pew pew!"

My Psylocke stories at Fanfiction.net (ignore the editing, it's bad on purpose) https://www.fanfiction.net/~tazirai
    My better edited versions on Comicvine. Just check profile and my forum posts in fan fiction section. http://comicvine.gamespot.com/profile/tazirai/

Quote Originally Posted by Tazirai View Post

But his workers work on poverty wages. I don't mind when you make that amount of money IF your workers are fairly compensated. 12.50 an hour is not a lot of money.

Amazing.
    We're the RICHEST nation in the world, and can afford ANY war we want, but can't afford to pay our workers fair wages?

That doesn't even get started on the moves the company is making to try to use "Contract" workers for it's delivery work to try to cut shipping costs.

Anything more than a cursory glance is a mind blower.

Quote Originally Posted by Tazirai View Post

Amazing.

This is why I support the strike, and am encouraging people to not buy from Amazon until it resolves in the workers favor.
    There is no such thing as an ethical Republican while the party supports and excuses Donald Trump in bringing the dogshit salad of fascism and bigotry to the potluck of American politics. Also, ACAB and eat the rich!

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by InformationGeek View Post
    Paul Ryan's official statement...

Take note of something. Not once does he mention Trump.
    And risk pissing off Caramel Caligula? Ryan wasnít willing to take that chance.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

And so the long journey ends. It's been a roller-coaster, but what a ride!

Papa John’s International Inc.’s board put further distance between the pizza chain and its outspoken founder John Schnatter for using a racial slur, agreeing to review all ties to him, evict him from the headquarters, and remove him from all marketing materials.

A special committee of independent directors ordered the termination of a so-called founder’s agreement that designated Schnatter as the brand’s face and voice and is requesting he cease media appearances on behalf of the firm, the company said in a statement after a Sunday night board meeting. Though Schnatter resigned as chairman this month and no longer holds a formal management role, he remains on the board and still owns about 30 percent of the company’s shares.

Schnatter came under pressure after a media report that he used a racial slur and graphic descriptions of violence against minorities in a conversation with the company’s former media agency, Laundry Service. That was just months after he exited the chief executive officer job over critical comments about the National Football League’s national-anthem controversy.

Schnatter, 56, has acknowledged using the slur, while saying it was in the context of a training exercise.

The committee also told the company to terminate a sublease granting Schnatter the right to use office space at the headquarters in Louisville, Kentucky, according to the statement.

The board accepted Schnatter’s resignation as chairman July 11 and will appoint a new chairman in coming weeks. CEO Steve Ritchie had announced on Friday that Schnatter would “no longer be in any of the advertising or marketing materials associated with the brand.”

Shares of Papa John’s have dropped about 4.6 percent this year through July 13, leaving it with a stock-market valuation of about $1.7 billion.

Papa John’s is struggling to revive its business as Domino’s Pizza Inc. and a resurgent Pizza Hut eat into its market share. In the first quarter, Papa John’s same-store sales in North America dropped 5.3 percent. The chain has said it’s trying to appeal to more cash-strapped customers by pushing discounted fare. Meanwhile, Pizza Hut has taken over as an official NFL sponsor.

“We know we can do better and I’m confident that we will,” Ritchie said in May. “We expect sales to improve later this year as our new marketing and technology initiatives roll out.”

Royal Castle of Atlantica, High Court of Terra

Trump 'treasonous' after siding with Putin on election meddling

Donald Trump has been condemned as “treasonous” for siding with the Kremlin over his own government agencies after a stunning joint appearance with Vladimir Putin in which he seemingly accepted the Russian leader’s denial of election meddling.

At a joint press conference after one-on-one talks lasting more than two hours in the Finnish capital, the US president offered no criticism of Putin or the cyber-attacks that the US intelligence community says he coordinated to help Trump’s 2016 election campaign.
    “They said they think it’s Russia; I have President Putin, he just said it’s not Russia,” Trump told reporters. “I will say this: I don’t see any reason why it would be. I have great confidence in my intelligence people, but I will tell you that President Putin was extremely strong and powerful in his denial today.”

The comments set off a new firestorm in Washington and critics suggested it was a historically weak performance by a US president against a foreign adversary. It also fuelled the intrigue of why Trump’s refusal to speak ill of Putin remains one of the few constants of his White House tenure.

Asked directly if he took Putin’s word over his own law enforcement and intelligence agencies, Trump veered off in a rambling attempt to change the subject, raising the Democratic National Committee’s server and Hillary Clinton’s missing emails – a move seen by critics as a crude attempt to deflect and distract.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn or imaginatively created.
    DBM: Meagan/Cyanna/Dash/Mirror Mage

Is always confused.....

My Name is Psylocke, "Stabby stabby pew pew!"

My Psylocke stories at Fanfiction.net (ignore the editing, it's bad on purpose) https://www.fanfiction.net/~tazirai
    My better edited versions on Comicvine. Just check profile and my forum posts in fan fiction section. http://comicvine.gamespot.com/profile/tazirai/

I bet Hannity is going to have big ratings tonight. Both sides are going to want to see how Trump’s biggest ass kisser spins this.

Also, that white nationalist poster has been pretty quite lately. The guy who posts those long winded insult laden responses. Not that I’m complaining about his absence.

Fucking hell, i just realized that this dude is the same age as my dad. Hate does things to a person's face.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    I beg to differ. Even if Hillary didnít have so much as an ounce worth of baggage, she was still married to Bill Clinton, perhaps THE one man Republicans hate more than anyone else on the planet. So, chances are she still wouldíve been attacked since they didnít want to see Bill back in the White House.
    That's a main reason for why the Repubs made up 99% of all the other baggage in the first place.
    "One may be intelligent, and a Nazi. Then one is not decent. One may be decent and a Nazi. Then one is not intelligent. And one may be intelligent and decent. Then one is not a Nazi"
    - Gerhard Bronner

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    You seemed to have bought the Trump and GOP line that immigration is is one of our most pressing problems hook, line and sinker.
    It's not by the way.Not by a long shot.
    But it does feed the racist GOP majority with red meat
    Exactly. The conservative argument is often that they're stealing American jobs. No, they're taking jobs no American wants. Would you pick fruit 12 hours a day for $5 an hour?