Page 6873 of 6930 FirstFirst ... 5873637367736823686368696870687168726873687468756876687768836923 ... LastLast
Results 103,081 to 103,095 of 103948
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ouroboros View Post
    You cited an article that made vague reference to Democrat immigration measures. If you don't want to be more explicit about those measures, and you want me to look 'em up myself, that's OK, but it seems to me that so far the board has not come close to elucidating what the Dems' immigration policies have been, except along the lines "whatever they were, they were BETTER THAN TRUMP'S."
    I didn't "want" you to do anything -- you're the one who chooses to step into the devil's advocate role every time these issues come up. I'm not here to defend Democrats because that's not my goal -- I don't even like talking politics but the Republican party has made it a matter of virtual self-defense at this point.

If it were up to me, I'd rather you take up the other posters' request to talk about music than debate the "pro-black/white guilt radicalism" behind the recent Black Panther film but as we all know by now, you will do you, as expected.

That said, if you want more info, it's out there -- my point was that Republican obstructionism was what shot down Obama's bipartisan immigration bill that had already passed the Senate.

What's the point of talking "measures" and "compromise" when the opposition won't even come to the table for a vote -- none, which is why I didn't bother.
    Last edited by aja_christopher; 07-10-2018 at 04:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    https://twitter.com/GeoffRBennett/st...42192616706050

Source familiar tells NBC that Justice Kennedy had been in negotiations with the Trump team for months over Kennedy’s replacement. Once Kennedy received assurances that it would be Kavanaugh (his former law clerk) Kennedy felt comfortable retiring - @LACaldwellDC & @frankthorp
    WTF...
    What is there not to get?

While it was a goof, his guy being in the running probably did make the call easier.
    Last edited by numberthirty; 07-10-2018 at 04:08 PM.

Hold on to your butts folks, because this one's going to blow your minds.
    The new Supreme Court Justice...not a supporter of Net Neutrality...
    I know, right. Surely, you're all as shocked as I am...

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by ouroboros View Post
    "Ain't That a Shame" would seem more appropriate, because then we can each mean different things when we sing it.
    Ok! Let's start there

This is why you can't have honest conversations with Conservatives, they are Snowflakes, and they can't handle a real honest debate where they can't just LIE!

Then Carol Costello plays the "Oh! Let's not be mean to them game."

Is always confused.....

My Name is Psylocke, "Stabby stabby pew pew!"

My Psylocke stories at Fanfiction.net (ignore the editing, it's bad on purpose) https://www.fanfiction.net/~tazirai
    My better edited versions on Comicvine. Just check profile and my forum posts in fan fiction section. http://comicvine.gamespot.com/profile/tazirai/

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

Judicial Crisis Group is fast, pushing out commercials to try and swing vote in favor of Trump's SCOTUS pick.

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by InformationGeek View Post
    Judicial Crisis Group is fast, pushing out commercials to try and swing vote in favor of Trump's SCOTUS pick.
    Christ, why? Unless they want us to call and say vote yes. Needs to be a counter ad.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspellmaster View Post
    Christ, why? Unless they want us to call and say vote yes. Needs to be a counter ad.
    Court of public opinion. If you can get people on your side, you can get away with murder.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    Trump brings it up because this is useful to do so, both as an example of a character flaw of a major critic, as well as a clear-cut example of media bias.
    Oh dear. Oh no! A woman didn't ask for a blood test in order to check up her family's verbal history! The horror!

No wonder why he always has to bring up random shit in order to keep his follower's appeased. It's all bull.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    Exposure to different arguments.
    If you're just going to regurgitate right wing talking points, I wonder how much attention you're paying to the liberals/progressives in this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Mecegirl View Post
    Oh dear. Oh no! A woman didn't ask for a blood test in order to check up her family's verbal history! The horror!

No wonder why he always has to bring up random shit in order to keep his follower's appeased. It's all bull.
    It's not about the DNA test, as much as her continuing to claim something that isn't backed up by evidence. Someone who is pushing 70 should realize that family verbal history is often bullshit, and shouldn't be referencing it in speeches.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    If you're just going to regurgitate right wing talking points, I wonder how much attention you're paying to the liberals/progressives in this thread.
    You guys can be good aggregators for left-wing talking points.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Good Jeebus, Chuck Schumer and pelosi, have no clue how to go forward.
    Morons.

Is always confused.....

My Psylocke stories at Fanfiction.net (ignore the editing, it's bad on purpose) https://www.fanfiction.net/~tazirai
    My better edited versions on Comicvine. Just check profile and my forum posts in fan fiction section. http://comicvine.gamespot.com/profile/tazirai/

Ugh....

Is always confused.....

Royal Castle of Atlantica, High Court of Terra

Trump team says it tore apart a family that ‘might be’ US citizens

The Trump administration now admits that at least one child it is holding in custody as part of its “zero tolerance” policy at the U.S.-Mexico border might be an American citizen.

The latest development highlights just how out of control Trump’s family separation policy that he unilaterally imposed has become.

The ACLU has sued the federal government over Trump’s policy, demanding that the 102 children under age 5 who have been taken from their parents immediately be returned to their families.

The government claims to have reunited 38 of those children, but says that 47 children may not be reunified in time for the July 10 deadline imposed in a previous court decision.

In a joint court filing, the Trump administration admits that one parent and child cannot be reunified because the parent has been missing for over a year, and “records show the parent and child might be U.S. citizens.”

Based on the filing, it seems American citizens are now being hauled into the racism-fueled dragnet of this administration’s immigration policies.

Trump has cast about for blame on his family separation policy. He tried to blame Democrats and previous administrations, but neither President Barack Obama or President George W. Bush prosecuted all border crossers to trigger family separations.

The blame falls squarely on Trump.
    The Trump administration might have separated a child and parent who are both US citizens

The Trump administration said in a court filing Tuesday that it was on track to reunite 38 young immigrant children who were forcibly separated from their parents at the US-Mexico border — though dozens more would need more time.

A federal judge had set Tuesday as the deadline for the government to reunite 102 children in its custody under the age of five, but the Trump administration provided a list of reasons that the remaining 64 children wouldn't be reunited on time.

In one stunning example, the government listed one child who "cannot be reunified at this time because the parent's location has been unknown for more than a year," and "records show the parent and child might be US citizens."

The court filing didn't clarify the circumstances of that child's separation or why it occurred so long ago. The majority of the family separations took place in recent months after the Trump administration implemented its "zero tolerance" policy to criminally prosecute adults who cross the border illegally.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn or imaginatively created.
    DBM: Meagan/Cyanna/Dash/Mirror Mage