Page 4673 of 4673 FirstFirst ... 3673417345734623466346694670467146724673
Results 70,081 to 70,093 of 70093
    Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by PaulBullion View Post
    US Supreme Court allows part of Trump travel ban to go into effect and will hear full case in October
    Disregard my comment about about us needing to all figure out how to live together.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Excellent travel ban ruling on the injunctions:
    From the ruling: "At the same time, the Government’s interest in enforcing [Exec Order #2] 2(c) (the 90 day ban), and the Executive’s authority to do so, are undoubtedly at their peak when there is no tie between the foreign national and the United States."

John Cassidy‏ @JohnCassidy
    Short #SCOTUS: POTUS has broad rights on national security. Foreigners w/out close ties to US have few or no rights. Travel ban mostly OK.
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; Today at 08:24 AM.
    Thank you America for voting for change.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    "At the same time, the Government’s interest in enforcing 2(c), and the Executive’s authority to do so, are undoubtedly at their peak when there is no tie between the
    foreign national and the United States."
    I would agree with this but at the time this was not how it was being implemented and the SC have to define what "no ties" means because from cases I know, people with family members, business ties , legal residents and dual citizenship where affected.

Spectacular Member

I feel like Trump is only pushing this Muslim Ban because he sees as the only way to get Obama out of the country, since he thinks he's a Kenyan Muslim.

Former MI6 boss: America's declining global leadership under Trump is 'biggest menace to the world'

America’s declining world role under Donald Trump’s leadership is the greatest menace facing the global community, a former head of the Secret Intelligence Service says.

“The biggest threat the world faces is how we all adjust to the progressive withdrawal of responsible American leadership and the network of alliances that America maintained with Europe, with Asian countries and the pattern of alliances and partnerships they had across this region”, John Sawers told an Israeli security conference according to Agence France Presse.

“It's going to have a major disruptive effect and no one is yet adjusting to it”, Mr Sawers added.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    GM of the Rumbler's League
    Caretaker of Khazan's Cosmic Library

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post

If you are talking "Most"? Sure.

Otherwise? There is one right there.
    Should have known. Should have known that #30 would bring up old Skeletor. Perhaps I should have said, "every pundit who's actually taken seriously."

Spectacular Member

Why does Trump still need the Muslim Ban anyway? I thought he said it was temporary so he would have like 6 months to fix the problems. Shouldn't they be fixed by now? It's been about 6 months. No Muslim Ban needed. I mean, Trump always does what he says he going to do and he's been working hard for the American people (in between deregulating the banks and Wall Street, ensuring another recession), so he shoulda been working hard to fix whatever problems there were the past several months. We should be ship shape.

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    From the ruling: "At the same time, the Government’s interest in enforcing [Exec Order #2] 2(c) (the 90 day ban), and the Executive’s authority to do so, are undoubtedly at their peak when there is no tie between the foreign national and the United States."

John Cassidy‏ @JohnCassidy
    Short #SCOTUS: POTUS has broad rights on national security. Foreigners w/out close ties to US have few or no rights. Travel ban mostly OK.
    Supreme Court Ruling

We'll see what happens in October.

Quote Originally Posted by ZombieHavoc View Post
    Why does Trump still need the Muslim Ban anyway? I thought he said it was temporary so he would have like 6 months to fix the problems. Shouldn't they be fixed by now? It's been about 6 months. No Muslim Ban needed. I mean, Trump always does what he says he going to do and he's been working hard for the American people (in between deregulating the banks and Wall Street, ensuring another recession), so he shoulda been working hard to fix whatever problems there were the past several months. We should be ship shape.
    Trump promised his supporters that he would get rid of all Muslims. It's that simple.
    Last edited by Tami; Today at 12:22 PM.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Supreme Court Ruling

We'll see what happens in October.
    My constitutional law is rusty, it was basically a mixed decision, even though they lifted the injunction.

A couple of good analysis.

It’s All About that Stay (and Its Surprising Limits)
    http://It’s All About that Stay (and...rising Limits)

On The Travel Ban The Supreme Court Says: Stay Tuned
    https://takecareblog.com/blog/on-the...ays-stay-tuned
    Last edited by ZuLuLu; Today at 09:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ZombieHavoc View Post
    The muslim ban and that stupid wall are all he has, speaking of, he wants to put solar panels on it so that that wall pays for itself, even though he's against alternative energy, like wind, which he said at his rally last week in Cedar Rapids Iowa, the state that produces the most wind power, where there is a giant ####### turbine right off I-380. I've driven through Cedar Rapids a million times.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Trump promised his supporters that he would get rid of al Muslims. It's that simple.
    Exactly! The ban, and his asinine wall were Mango Mussolini's top promises to his rabid, low I.Q., high xenophobia level followers. He absolutely HAD to deliver at any cost or risk losing their support. Trump continues campaigning exclusively on fear (you could say he never stopped) of anyone who isn't lily white and born in the good ol' U.S. of A. Of course, anyone with one working brain cell could tell you the chances of getting murdered on the streets of this country by homegrown, lily white psychos are infinitely greater than by Islamic madmen.
    Last edited by WestPhillyPunisher; Today at 10:03 AM.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

I hope she has to find a job soon.
    I'll never understand the Republican/Conservative voter.
    You vote on God, Guns, and Gays/abortion...
    That's it!
    While these people royally screw you over, and give you BS conspiracies about how liberals are the evil ones,
    and BS about George Soros. YOU fall for it every single time. WHY?
    Why do you claim God, yet vote against anything a supposed God stands for?
    Is always confused.....

My Name is Psylocke, "Stabby stabby pew pew!"

My Psylocke stories at Fanfiction.net (ignore the editing, it's bad on purpose) https://www.fanfiction.net/~tazirai
    My better edited versions on Comicvine. Just check profile and my forum posts in fan fiction section. http://comicvine.gamespot.com/profile/tazirai/