Page 6415 of 6442 FirstFirst ... 541559156315636564056411641264136414641564166417641864196425 ... LastLast
Results 96,211 to 96,225 of 96616
    Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    The café in the downtown Philly Barnes & Noble is just as bad, if not worse as I've seen homeless people, overstuffed bags and all in there from time to time. How the staff handles them I have no idea.
    Ay, and there lies the rub. I'm not a homeless hater but there are issues of shall we say, personal hygiene? In the days before the internet, if I had a research paper to do in high school, the teachers would use it to have you learn how to use the public library. I used to go the main branch in my city because they had the bound volumes of magazines and journals to look up articles as sources. The area where the magazines were was frequently the spot where the what we now call the homeless would stay. We were kids and just called them the drunks back then because they smelled pretty bad. If this kind of "customer" drives the rest of your customers away, you should be able to have the police remove them and drop them off at a shelter or something.
    What? They couldn't rent office space for an hour or so? Conducting interviews at a public eatery where perfect strangers can overhear everything that goes on seems, I don't know, awkward to me.
    Sometimes you can book rooms for meetings at your local library. Barring that, I guess if the restaurant has a secluded booth somewhere it would be OK. But I would refrain from asking personal questions as part of the interview in an open area like that.
    Doctor Doom Appreciation Thread at CBR Forums
    My old SuperHero Squad name: Steel Divine Duke

In a hypothetical situation, yes, there may be someone who is clearly driving other customers away. But not in this case. These were two guys who, as we can see in the video clip, were not bothering any of the other customers and no one was complaining. It was the Starbucks employee who decided to call the cops.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Trump: Comey, McCabe 'committed many crimes'

Someone should press Trump to reveal just what those "crimes" were that Comey allegedly committed, other than not obediently kissing his orange ass.

UK's May tells lawmakers: Syria strikes were legal and moral

British Prime Minister Theresa May told restive lawmakers on Monday that military airstrikes against Syria were right both legally and morally, and accused Syria and its ally Russia of attempting to cover-up evidence of a deadly chemical weapons attack.

May faced down her domestic critics as European Union foreign ministers united to say they understood the need for the airstrikes and called for a new push for a political solution to the war in Syria.

Royal Air Force jets joined American and French warplanes and ships in hitting targets in Syria early Saturday in response to a reported chemical attack by the Syrian government in the town of Douma.

The British government is not legally bound to seek lawmakers' approval for military strikes, although it is customary to do so.

May told lawmakers in the House of Commons that consulting them would have been impractical, both because Parliament was on a spring break until Monday and because some of the intelligence behind the decision was classified.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Rebel that Rebels BeastieRunner's Avatar

If the Syrian strikes were legal and moral, why do the vast majority of the people around the world think they were a terrible idea?

And why on God's green Earth could NOBODY get off the schneid and do this during Darfur, Congo, and several other chemical attacks/genocide?
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    If the Syrian strikes were legal and moral, why do the vast majority of the people around the world think they were a terrible idea?

And why on God's green Earth could NOBODY get off the schneid and do this during Darfur, Congo, and several other chemical attacks/genocide?
    Maybe because there's no oil in Darfur and Congo? Just an uninformed guess.

Maybe because there's no oil in Darfur and Congo? Just an uninformed guess.
    Yeah, I know. A dumb query on my part.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Incredible Member

I didn't watch much coverage after the missile attack. Were media and pundits fluffing Trump over this latest bombing like last time?

Like Brian Williams when he called the bombs beautiful...

Quote Originally Posted by ZombieHavoc View Post
    I didn't watch much coverage after the missile attack. Were media and pundits fluffing Trump over this latest bombing like last time?

Not exactly a shining moment for the guy if memory serves.

No.

Trump’s America First media allies think he has betrayed them with the Syria strike.
    Non-Interventionism Finds A Home On Fox News.
    Trump supporters upset over decision to attack Syria.

Alex Jones, Tucker Carlson, and the like are not fans of the strike. I think a lot of conservatives thought "America First" meant isolationist policies.
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 04-16-2018 at 11:24 AM.

Trump pissed of Haley. Made her look like a fool today. What a jerk ...

Trump puts the brakes on new Russian sanctions, reversing Haley’s announcement.

Royal Castle of Atlantica, High Court of Terra

No.

Trump’s America First media allies think he has betrayed them with the Syria strike.

Alex Jones, Tucker Carlson, and the like are not fans of the strike. I think a lot of conservatives thought "America First" meant isolationist policies.
    I think Trump is finding out the hard way, just how difficult it is to be President. Not that he's any good with learning new things, but over time it can only get more and more difficult.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    GM of the Rumbler's League - Currently on Extended Hiatus
    Caretaker of Khazan's Cosmic Library
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn and/or imaginatively created.

Incredible Member

No.

I like in the third one, where it quotes Jones as saying if Trump had been a piece of crap from the beginning, it wouldn't be so bad.

It's amazing still that different people can view the same persons actions in such different manners.

Incredible Member

Also

Trump lawyer Michael Cohen's mystery client is Fox News host Sean Hannity
    https://www.cnbc.com/2018/04/16/trum...off-looms.html

Incredible Member

Also.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Also

Trump lawyer Michael Cohen's mystery client is Fox News host Sean Hannity
    https://www.cnbc.com/2018/04/16/trum...off-looms.html