Page 6723 of 6723 FirstFirst ... 5723622366236673671367196720672167226723
Results 100,831 to 100,840 of 100840
  1. #100831
    Extraordinary Member Gray Lensman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    8,165

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zinderel View Post
    I think it best that we all reserve our outrage for people who dehumanize others with ACTIONS, rather than words. If they ALSO dehumanize with words, then it's prolly ok to get upset. But if all they do is maybe call a name, or do a swear? Not worth the handwringing.

    Case in point: The Republican party, and it's leader, President Donald J. Trump, regularly dehumanize the poor, women, LGBT+ people, people with disabilities, people of color, orphans, widows, puppies...and so on. Corey Lewandowski, a Republican, said a shitty thing about a shitty policy that the Republican Party leadership put in motion. Corey is dehumanizing others with his words, in defense of his party dehumanizing others with their actions. SUPERCWFAN1 called a woman with no empathy a 'piece of shit lady', which she demonstrably is. He is not, nor is anyone associated with him, denying or abridging her right to be a piece of shit. They are not locking her in a cage while talking heads mock her on national television.
    The reason words get noticed is that Trump is taking a well established route. First, dehumanize with words to make dehumanizing with actions acceptable to the public. Thankfully, it seems he may have jumped the gun this time. Hopefully he doesn't learn.

  2. #100832
    Astonishing Member PaulBullion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    3,422

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    Refugees are the immigrants I worry about the absolute least. In order to start the process of applying to be a refugee, they need to basically turn themselves in, and then stay in contact with the government (and don't commit any crimes more serious than coming here in the first place) on a regular basis over the entire process. Which isn't very quick. Somehow this group of people doesn't scare me.

    Which is why detention centers make no sense. They aren't dangerous people who are likely to commit crimes, and they aren't likely to vanish because that would ruin their refugee visa chances. Locking them up is wasted time, wasted effort, wasted tax dollars, and wastes American credibility on any human rights issue. And that doesn't even get into the miserable cruelty involved.
    I'm wondering how the faithful who hours ago claimed that there was no alternative to children in cages will deal with Trump at least superficially caving to the pressure.
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

    Hillary was right!

  3. #100833
    Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    14,682

    Default

    Kids Taken From Their Parents At The Border Get Their Toys Confiscated Too

    Customs and Border Protection agents take away essentially all possessions carried by undocumented immigrants. It’s not clear if they ever get them back. Words can't describe just how incredibly fucked up that is. C'mon, guys! Toys?

    **********

    GOP Congressman Defends Cages For Migrant Kids: Playgrounds Have Chain-Link Fences

    “By the way, chain-link fences are around playgrounds all over America,” said Rep. Kevin Cramer, a Senate candidate. Yeah, but kids in playgrounds all over America can leave anytime they want, you fuckwad! Oh, WBEEEEEEEE....!

    **********

    Trump Order Ending Family Separation Likely Won’t Apply To Children Already Taken From Parents

    What will happen to the more than 2,300 migrant children who have already been separated from their parents? I'm guessing the administration has no answers to that, nor do they care anyway.

    **********

    Ivanka Trump Thanks Her Dad For Ending Family Separation Policy He Started

    “You don’t thank an arsonist for putting out the fire he started,” one Twitter user noted about the post on the president’s immigration policy. What a cretinous bitch Ivanka is!

    **********

    Trump Barely Mentioned Immigration At Rally Amid Family Detention Uproar

    “We’re going to keep families together, but the border’s going to be just as tough as it’s been,” he said. Suuuuuuure, Donnie! Whatever you say.

    **********
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

  4. #100834
    Astonishing Member PaulBullion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    3,422

    Default

    Texas Judge: "I can’t understand this. If someone at the jail takes your wallet, they give you a receipt. They take your kids, and you get nothing? Not even a slip of paper?"

    https://t.co/oo7oLl2L2w
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

    Hillary was right!

  5. #100835
    Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    14,682

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PaulBullion View Post
    Texas Judge: "I can’t understand this. If someone at the jail takes your wallet, they give you a receipt. They take your kids, and you get nothing? Not even a slip of paper?"

    https://t.co/oo7oLl2L2w
    And that's from a judge in TEXAS for pity's sake! All the more reason to slam Trump's "zero tolerance" policy as ridiculously inhumane.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

  6. #100836
    Astonishing Member PaulBullion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    3,422

    Default

    They are hiding things:

    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

    Hillary was right!

  7. #100837
    Astonishing Member PaulBullion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    3,422

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    And that's from a judge in TEXAS for pity's sake! All the more reason to slam Trump's "zero tolerance" policy as ridiculously inhumane.
    The fact that the Texas just slammed his fist on the table so hard his pen was flying gives me hope that there are enough people on both sides of the political divide to end this horror.
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

    Hillary was right!

  8. #100838
    Astonishing Member PaulBullion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    3,422

    Default

    Meanwhile, bad news for one of Trump's last remaining allies:

    Sara Netanyahu, Israeli Prime Minister's Wife, Charged With Fraud, Breach of Trust

    At least she isn't letting the pressure get to her:

    Sara Netanyahu Tried to Physically Attack Prime Minister’s Office Director General
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

    Hillary was right!

  9. #100839
    Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    14,682

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PaulBullion View Post
    They are hiding things:

    Damn right DHS is hiding shit. And I'll bet she wasn't the first doctor to be turned away because she was TOO QUALIFIED which, in itself is absolutely mindboggling. So yeah, who is providing medical care in those shelters? That should have people seriously concerned. I hope that woman's tweet went global, sparking outrage because this is shaping up to be a human rights violation of possibly staggering size and scope.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

  10. #100840

    Default

    For everyone telling me I need to profile Kevin Cramer... I have annually since September of 2015. And yes, he is a complete ***hole. He's filmed campaign ads in VA graveyards, nearly costing them their government funding, then refused to apologize for it, on the floor of the House, he's quoted the Bible as a reason why we should kick poor people off of food stamps, he's talked about wanting to assault Native American tribal leaders, he denies that LGBT discrimination could even exist in the workplace, he claims that climate change isn't making the Earth warmer, it's actually cooling down, and he claimed female voters wearing white to honor the original suffragettes had a "disease".

    I mean, it's not a stretch to think a person who's that much of a d*** would be fine with children locked in cages, is it?

    And he thinks he should be in the Senate instead of the House this year. If you know anyone in North Dakota... you'd better tell 'em to vote Heitkamp.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •