Page 6884 of 6906 FirstFirst ... 588463846784683468746880688168826883688468856886688768886894 ... LastLast
Results 103,246 to 103,260 of 103587
  1. #103246
    Extraordinary Member Tendrin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    7,033

    Default

    https://www.thedailybeast.com/hhs-pl...age&source=TDB

    But, please. Tell us some more about how the Republicans are awesome.

    Jon Campbell
    07.12.18 5:11 AM ET

    The Trump Administration is planning to eliminate a vast trove of medical guidelines that for nearly 20 years has been a critical resource for doctors, researchers and others in the medical community.
    Maintained by the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality [AHRQ], part of the Department of Health and Human Services, the database is known as the National Guideline Clearinghouse [NGC], and it’s scheduled to “go dark,” in the words of an official there, on July 16.

  2. #103247
    Really Feeling It! Kevinroc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    California
    Posts
    6,902

    Default

    The GOP's midterm slogan?

    "Better Off Now."

    (I am not making this up disclaimer.)

    https://www.speaker.gov/video/video-...are-better-now

  3. #103248

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Darkspellmaster View Post
    Thank you. No person can win down there without being either centrist or having a strong religous background.
    Totally disagree with you as I live in the south. But Hey I'm a Progressive who disagrees with centrists and religious types all the time.

    We'll agree to disagree.

    I think the South has hope with a newer generation, even if you guys think it's lost to religious nuts and centrists.
    Is always confused.....

    My Name is Psylocke, "Stabby stabby pew pew!"

    My Psylocke stories at Fanfiction.net (ignore the editing, it's bad on purpose) https://www.fanfiction.net/~tazirai
    My better edited versions on Comicvine. Just check profile and my forum posts in fan fiction section. http://comicvine.gamespot.com/profile/tazirai/

  4. #103249

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Where is the list of legitimate "Left" candidates that prove this?

    While I don't entirely disagree, it's not like we have a set of Southern Ocasio-Cortez equivalents whose losses point to this actually being the case. I'd say the reality is probably more "It's just not a option folks have been given."
    Agreed. Democrats will run away from ANY opportunity to even try to win the south, drives me nuts. It's like they refuse to even try to fight. A losing fight is still a fight where people are given the option to fight, even a loss can turn into a win.

    Remember the Southern Strategy didn't always exist. Times Change, i don't know why parties remain stagnant.

    I'll give Conservatives one thing, they do their damndest to win as many districts as possible, while Democrats rub hands. Which is why We lost over 1000 Seats, SCOTUS, White House, Senate, and Congress, because we suck at Politics.
    Is always confused.....

    My Name is Psylocke, "Stabby stabby pew pew!"

    My Psylocke stories at Fanfiction.net (ignore the editing, it's bad on purpose) https://www.fanfiction.net/~tazirai
    My better edited versions on Comicvine. Just check profile and my forum posts in fan fiction section. http://comicvine.gamespot.com/profile/tazirai/

  5. #103250
    Mighty Member Kal-El Summers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,344

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Where is the list of legitimate "Left" candidates that prove this?

    While I don't entirely disagree, it's not like we have a set of Southern Ocasio-Cortez equivalents whose losses point to this actually being the case. I'd say the reality is probably more "It's just not a option folks have been given."
    A lot of them lose in the primaries and never make the big elections. Hell, Ocasio-Cortez probably wouldn't have made the ballot anywhere in Alabama outside of maybe the 7th since it has voters from two of the biggest Democratic strongholds in the state(Montgomery and Birmingham).

  6. #103251
    Ultimate Member numberthirty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    13,668

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal-El Summers View Post
    A lot of them lose in the primaries and never make the big elections. Hell, Ocasio-Cortez probably wouldn't have made the ballot anywhere in Alabama outside of maybe the 7th since it has voters from two of the biggest Democratic strongholds in the state(Montgomery and Birmingham).
    That's why I said "Equivalent".

    All I'm saying is look at the Manchin primary. You have a high profile candidate that folks said was untouchable due to his popularity. Meanwhile in reality, a woman who had never ran for office and had no money or backing walked right in and took three out of ten votes.

    You really give those sorts of candidates some room to breathe, and I don't think that it always plays out the way folks tend to believe that it will.

  7. #103252
    Extraordinary Member Tendrin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    7,033

    Default

    MIAMI - The indictment was damning enough: a former police chief of Biscayne Park and two officers charged with falsely pinning four burglaries on a teenager just to impress village leaders with a perfect crime-solving record.
    But the accusations revealed in federal court last month left out far uglier details of past policing practices in tranquil Biscayne Park, a leafy wedge of suburbia just north of Miami Shores.
    Records obtained by the Miami Herald suggest that during the tenure of former Chief Raimundo Atesiano, the command staff pressured some officers into targeting random black people to clear cases.
    Don'rt worry. I'm sure someone will hop in soon enough to shout about how cops are actually great and how we need to trust them and ICE.


    https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/po...cid=spartanntp

  8. #103253
    Really Feeling It! Kevinroc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    California
    Posts
    6,902

    Default

    https://twitter.com/adamcbest/status...86360432189440

    A recent Economist/YouGov poll:

    56% of Republicans think the Trump-Putin bromance is good for the US.

    60% of Republicans think the US should leave NATO.

    Trump has made his anti-American views mainstream within the GOP.
    The GOP are a lost cause.

  9. #103254
    Extraordinary Member Robotman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    California
    Posts
    6,384

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tazirai View Post
    Name ONE Person Not Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez who can raise a profile like Bernie and has his popularity and support?
    Obama, I love the guy, but he's a centrist, and the country is NOT into Centrism right now. EVERYTHING shows this.
    Republicans get it, Democrats don't seem at all willing ot excite their bases. These are the people who practice #civility.
    I posted this earlier with little notice.

    Newsweek- MAJORITY OF DEMOCRATS WANT CANDIDATES TO BE MORE LIKE BERNIE SANDERS, POLL FINDS
    So one poll shows that democrats want candidates to be more like Bernie, but other polls are still showing Biden as the front runner for 2020. The progressive movement has been substantial but we have to remember there are still a lot of Baby Boomer democrates who would probably favor the more middle of the road candidate. As well as the white working class voters who would probably only jump ship for a moderate candidate.

    https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...oll/740370002/

    Biden is a candidate with a lot of baggage and who does not represent the liberal arm of the party. He will also have all the financial backing of the Democratic establishment. Where have we heard all this before?
    Last edited by Robotman; 07-12-2018 at 11:06 PM.

  10. #103255
    Mighty Member Coin Biter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    1,428

    Default

    Obviously, Donald Trump can always be relied upon to cause the maximum disruption and spout nonsensical poison, but coming to a country and then giving an interview which is wholly negative about the domestic political policy of that country’s government and mayor.... extraordinary stuff.

    He’s said, among other things, the following:

    1. The Brexit proposal announced was “very bad” and will stop the UK from doing a great trade deal from the US (which apparently the most notable protectionist of modern times was extremely keen for us to do )

    2. That the recently resigned Foreign Secretary and fellow liar Boris Johnson would make a great future PM

    3. That allowing millions and millions of immigrants into Europe was “very, very sad”

    4. That apparently the London Mayor, Sadiq Khan, is in some way personally responsible for British immigration

    5. That Sadiq Khan has also done a very bad job on terrorim and crime

    I am no fan of Theresa May, but this has the potential to cause here serious problems.

    Sure, Trump is about as popular in the UK as haemorrhoids. But saying in effect, well, if you were going to produce a certain type of Brexit then you’d have got a great trade deal with the US, but with this proposal you’ll get nothing... that’s a direct whistle to the right wing of the Conservative party, some of whom actually probably do like Trump (because they hold similar views) and others of whom may dislike him personally but will still see this as endorsement for the belief that May’s plan will make impossible the fantasy Brexit that they crave.

    He’s only been here two minutes. Any longer, and he has the potential to cause the biggest problem in US-UK relations since the Suez crisis (and in that case, of course, Eisenhower had the merit of being right).

    Get this disgusting charlatan out of here - we have enough of our own without having to suffer him as well.
    Last edited by Coin Biter; 07-12-2018 at 10:42 PM.

  11. #103256
    Astonishing Member JackDaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,032

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Coin Biter View Post
    Obviously, Donald Trump can always be relied upon to cause the maximum disruption and spout nonsensical poison, but coming to a country and then giving an interview which is wholly negative about the domestic political policy of that country’s government and mayor.... extraordinary stuff.

    He’s said, among other things, the following:

    1. The Brexit proposal announced was “very bad” and will stop the UK from doing a great trade deal from the US (which apparently the most notable protectionist of modern times was extremely keen for us to do )

    2. That the recently resigned Foreign Secretary and fellow liar Boris Johnson would make a great future PM

    3. That allowing millions and millions of immigrants into Europe was “very, very sad”

    4. That apparently the London Mayor, Sadiq Khan, is in some way personally responsible for British immigration

    5. That Sadiq Khan has also done a very bad job on terrorim and crime

    I am no fan of Theresa May, but this has the potential to cause here serious problems.

    Sure, Trump is about as popular in the UK as haemorrhoids. But saying in effect, well, if you were going to produce a certain type of Brexit then you’d have got a great trade deal with the US, but with this proposal you’ll get nothing... that’s a direct whistle to the right wing of the Conservative party, some of whom actually probably do like Trump (because they hold similar views) and others of whom may dislike him personally but will still see this as endorsement for the belief that May’s plan will make impossible the fantasy Brexit that they crave.

    He’s only been here two minutes. Any longer, and he has the potential to cause the biggest problem in US-UK relations since the Suez crisis (and in that case, of course, Eisenhower had the merit of being right).

    Get this disgusting charlatan out of here - we have enough of our own without having to suffer him as well.
    Interesting post CB.

    I must admit (not that unusually for me), my initial bias is different from yours...in that my “gut feeling” is that whatever the Donald’s personal failings that we ought to make him feel welcome in UK...because he’s the leader of a great country and we need a good trade deal.

    But you’ve “shaken that gut feeling” quite a bit.

  12. #103257

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    So one poll shows that democrats want candidates to be more like Bernie, but other polls are still showing Biden as the front runner for 2020. The progressive movement has been substantial but we have to remember there are still a lot of Baby Boomer democrates who would probably favor the more middle of the road candidate. As well as the working class voters who would probably only jump ship for a good candidate.

    https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...oll/740370002/

    Biden is a candidate with a lot of baggage and who does not represent the liberal arm of the party. He will also have all the financial backing of the Democratic establishment. Where have we heard all this before?
    Biden is a decent guy and as Establishment as they come. He has MUCH higher name recognition much like Clinton had. But do you honestly think Biden excites people more than Bernie would?
    Also, I fixed the working class thing, because everyone below a certain % is working class, so basically all of us. Not just white people.
    Is always confused.....

    My Name is Psylocke, "Stabby stabby pew pew!"

    My Psylocke stories at Fanfiction.net (ignore the editing, it's bad on purpose) https://www.fanfiction.net/~tazirai
    My better edited versions on Comicvine. Just check profile and my forum posts in fan fiction section. http://comicvine.gamespot.com/profile/tazirai/

  13. #103258
    Astonishing Member PaulBullion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    3,610

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tazirai View Post
    Totally disagree with you as I live in the south. But Hey I'm a Progressive who disagrees with centrists and religious types all the time.

    We'll agree to disagree.

    I think the South has hope with a newer generation, even if you guys think it's lost to religious nuts and centrists.
    Maybe a new brand of racist progressives would have a chance in the South. We could call the Trey Stain Democrats.
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

    Hillary was right!

  14. #103259
    Rebel that Rebels BeastieRunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    West Coast, USA
    Posts
    6,745

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    Twitter today began purging bot accounts.

    Trump has lost half a million followers in that day.
    FYI ... Obama lost 2M.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

  15. #103260
    Astonishing Member PaulBullion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    3,610

    Default

    Looks like Crowley isn't trying to Sabotage Ocasio-Cortez after all.
    https://amp.slate.com/news-and-polit...mpression=true
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

    Hillary was right!

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •