1. #64156
    Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    11,714

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    This is their standard operating procedure when it comes to the President, which is appropriate when you think about it. He once sued, unsuccessfully, Bill Maher because he said Trump's father was an Orangutan

    Attachment 48205
    The funny thing is, the GOP could easily make like Pontius Pilate, wash their hands of Trump and let him be impeached, safe and secure in the knowledge they'd still have Red Grant around as his replacement who would be more than willing, if not eager to continue the Republican mission of screwing over Americans, but without the omnipresent threat of a misguided tweet towards China or North Korea touching off World War III. However, Trump will never be removed, and I suspect the reason is because if he were impeached, that would give full validation to the 65 million people who voted against Cheeto Jesus, and everyone from both sides of the political aisle who screamed bloody murder about how Trump was unfit for office. There's no way in hell the GOP will admit they were wrong about Mango Mussolini and give their enemies the satisfaction of seeing their god emperor go down.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

  2. #64157
    Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Latverian Embassy
    Posts
    9,135

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    The funny thing is, the GOP could easily make like Pontius Pilate, wash their hands of Trump and let him be impeached, safe and secure in the knowledge they'd still have Red Grant around as his replacement who would be more than willing, if not eager to continue the Republican mission of screwing over Americans, but without the omnipresent threat of a misguided tweet towards China or North Korea touching off World War III. However, Trump will never be removed, and I suspect the reason is because if he were impeached, that would give full validation to the 65 million people who voted against Cheeto Jesus, and everyone from both sides of the political aisle who screamed bloody murder about how Trump was unfit for office. There's no way in hell the GOP will admit they were wrong about Mango Mussolini and give their enemies the satisfaction of seeing their god emperor go down.
    I still have a hunch that this is their plan esp if something impeachable, so treacherous comes out of the Russian ties.

    I suppose the tax returns could turn up something too but he claims he constantly under audit. Why not release something from 2014 if you can't release 2015 yet. Do they have all his years' returns under audit?
    Doctor Doom Appreciation Thread at CBR Forums
    My old SuperHero Squad name: Steel Divine Duke

  3. #64158
    Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    11,714

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    I still have a hunch that this is their plan esp if something impeachable, so treacherous comes out of the Russian ties.

    I suppose the tax returns could turn up something too but he claims he constantly under audit. Why not release something from 2014 if you can't release 2015 yet. Do they have all his years' returns under audit?
    I suspect that if a reporter asked that of Grouchy Spice, that would probably be his answer.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

  4. #64159
    Horrific Experiment JCAll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3,133

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    I suspect that if a reporter asked that of Grouchy Spice, that would probably be his answer.
    I remember him saying exactly that, that he's audited almost every year, back when someone asked him that on the campaign trail.
    Though I suspect it's lies all around.

  5. #64160
    Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    11,714

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JCAll View Post
    I remember him saying exactly that, that he's audited almost every year, back when someone asked him that on the campaign trail.
    Though I suspect it's lies all around.
    That's my guess as well. While I follow the world of business even less closely than I do politics, I've never heard of Warren Buffett, Bill Gates, Steve Jobs or Jerry Jones being audited every single year. More fuel to the fire for suspicions that Trump is hiding a whole lot of something, either that he's not as wealthy as he boasts, or he's in hock up to his eyeballs to the Ivans.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

  6. #64161
    Queen Empress of Earth Tami's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Royal Palace of Atlantica - North Jersey
    Posts
    12,001

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    I still have a hunch that this is their plan esp if something impeachable, so treacherous comes out of the Russian ties.

    I suppose the tax returns could turn up something too but he claims he constantly under audit. Why not release something from 2014 if you can't release 2015 yet. Do they have all his years' returns under audit?
    Unless or until the Democrats can take back Congress (still hoping for a miracle), the only way the Republicans would turn their back on Trump is if it became a him or us situation.

    I agree with WPP, up to a point. The bottom line is, will the Republican leaning base of voters get so P.O.d that Trump becomes toxic? Logic has it that he should already be toxic, but Republican voters also have a status/ego/ignorance issue. Many find it hard to admit that the guy they voted for is a dangerous idiot.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    GM of the Rumbler's League - Currently on Extended Hiatus
    Caretaker of Khazan's Cosmic Library
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn and/or imaginatively created.

  7. #64162
    Mighty Member Mr. Mastermind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,166

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Diamond View Post
    Really enjoyed his video. Very informative if you haven't followed the elections closely. Only thing I wish he could have touched more is how far-left candidate Melenchon is actively trying to divide electors on the left rather than promote unity against xenophobia and ultranationalism, making it easier for Marie Le Pen to win.
    Melenchon isn't at fault for the divides of the left. Macron isn't a candidate of the left, he's the candidate for bankers. Under no circumstance should Melenchon support him in the first round.

    Hamon may have good policies, but he's backed by the discredited right wing "Socialist" Party. It'd be hard for him to carry out his agenda with the Hollande/Valls wing still there. Melenchon did offer to drop out if Hamon denounced Hollande and promised to try to renegotiate EU treaties but he refused. It's a shame but it's not Melenchon's fault. He already gave Hollande his support in 2012 and was betrayed. Besides, Melenchon is the most electable politician on the left, so shouldn't others drop out for him?

    Quote Originally Posted by DebkoX View Post
    Agreed. She has lost some credibility.

    However, this will be an interesting election. Simply put, the Tories NEED a landslide victory. No coalitions can be seen, or they will be hampered in their Brexit terms.

    The most sensible option for Labour and the Dems would be to work together.
    The Tories will win this election in a landslide, I have no doubt about that. One thing that will be annoying is this Lib Dem wankery I see already claiming they're the "real oppposition" and a vote for "real change". We had the Lib Dems in government 2 years ago and they're still open to backing the Tories. The only thing different is their futile attempts to stop Brexit.

    A good thing would be a new Labour leader after the election, preferrably Clive Lewis.

  8. #64163
    Astonishing Member Malvolio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Freeville, NY
    Posts
    4,202

    Default

    The Republicans in the House won't impeach tRump because even though they would still have power through Pence, they would have to admit to being the Party that had the first President to be impeached AND convicted. That's never happened before, so it would a huge black eye for the Republican Party. They don't want that.

  9. #64164
    Astonishing Member Malvolio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Freeville, NY
    Posts
    4,202

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    This is their standard operating procedure when it comes to the President, which is appropriate when you think about it. He once sued, unsuccessfully, Bill Maher because he said Trump's father was an Orangutan

    Attachment 48205
    Funny how it was staunch Republican Charlton Heston who the apes were refusing to listen to here.

  10. #64165
    Ultimate Member TheInvisibleMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Northeast US
    Posts
    9,475

    Default

    wait

    so the leader of the "Calexit" movement is seeking permanent residence in Russia because of his disillusionment with the US

    what?
    “If you listen to the fans, you’ll find yourself sitting with them”

    - Joe Kuharich

  11. #64166
    Mighty Member mojotastic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    1,449

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheInvisibleMan View Post
    wait

    so the leader of the "Calexit" movement is seeking permanent residence in Russia because of his disillusionment with the US

    what?
    Crazies gotta crazy.

  12. #64167
    Mighty Member mojotastic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    1,449

    Default

    Some good news.

    A New Cancer Treatment Has Given Terminal Patients a Second Chance at Life
    https://futurism.com/4-gene-therapy-...ete-remission/

    Gene therapy has been shown in clinical trials to not just treat cancer, but possibly cure it.
    The treatments have risks — including death — so additional research is needed before they could become widely available.
    COULD THIS TREATMENT CURE CANCER?

    Kite Pharma, a US pharmaceutical company, just released the groundbreaking results of their six-month gene therapy trial: terminal cancer patients in complete remission after just a single round.
    The treatment filters a patient’s blood to remove T-cells, immune system cells that can be genetically engineered in a lab to identify cancer cells. Cancer cells thrive because of their ability to evade the immune system. This new therapy boosts immune cells so that they are able to eliminate cancer cells more effectively.

    Patients who participated in the trial had one of three types of non-Hodgkin lymphoma. The advanced stage of their conditions meant all of them were given only a few months to live. However, following the first round of gene therapy, which took place nine months after the trial began, half the patients are not only still alive, but a third of them appear to be cured.

    Among them is a 43- year-old named Dimas Padilla from Orlando, Florida whose cancer had stopped responding to chemotherapy. He completed the first round of the trial’s treatment last August, and his cancer is now in remission.

  13. #64168

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    Funny how it was staunch Republican Charlton Heston who the apes were refusing to listen to here.
    Heston was a Democrat at the time he made Planet of the Apes.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

  14. #64169
    Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    11,714

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    The Republicans in the House won't impeach tRump because even though they would still have power through Pence, they would have to admit to being the Party that had the first President to be impeached AND convicted. That's never happened before, so it would a huge black eye for the Republican Party. They don't want that.
    The GOP avoided that black mark with Nixon who resigned, deciding to leave on his own terms. Things would be far different for Trump, even if Republicans were to put country ahead of party and have Cheeto Jesus impeached and convicted, I suspect he'd literally have to be dragged kicking and screaming from the White House as his ego won't allow him to leave in a more dignified manner. If Trump were to get the boot (yeah, I know, wishful thinking), that would mean a goodly amount of upheaval in the administration, more than likely Ivanka, He Went To Jared along with Beavis and Butthead would leave with him, but Captain Breitbart, Grouchy Spice and Sewer Rat Barbie would probably be fired while Ratface Reince and Eddie Munster might survive. That's more chaos than the GOP would be willing to deal with, another reason they'll keep Trump in office.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

  15. #64170
    Queen Empress of Earth Tami's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Royal Palace of Atlantica - North Jersey
    Posts
    12,001

    Default

    4 voting machines stolen ahead of a high-profile special election in Georgia

    The machines were allegedly stolen from a precinct manager's car on Saturday, WSB-TV reported Monday night.

    The ExpressPoll voting machines are used by poll workers to check voters in and keep a list of who had already voted — but they are not used to cast actual ballots, officials said.

    Secretary of State Brian Kemp said the car was parked in a Kroger's grocery store parking lot when the theft took place.

    Kemp was unhappy with the way precinct officials handled the matter, saying in a statement it was "unacceptable that the Cobb County Elections Office waited two days to notify my office of this theft."
    According to WSB-TV Cobb County Elections Director Janine Eveler assured voters and the press that the stolen machines would not affect the election, as the voter information they contain is difficult to retrieve.

    Kemp said that his office was investigating the incident and would be "taking steps to ensure that it has no effect on the election."He said he was "confident that the results will not be compromised."

    The special election in Georgia's 6th congressional district will take place April 18th between 18 candidates. It's one of the most closely watched contests because the Democrat frontrunner in the race is Jon Ossoff — a newcomer seen by the Democratic Party as a potential check on President Donald Trump in a solidly red state.

    According to the Associated Press, due to the number of candidates on the ballot, if a single candidate fails to clear a majority, the top two candidates will face off on June 20. The special election is taking place to fill the seat of Republican Tom Price, who left his post to work as Trump's Secretary of Health and Human Services.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    GM of the Rumbler's League - Currently on Extended Hiatus
    Caretaker of Khazan's Cosmic Library
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn and/or imaginatively created.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •