Incredible Member

Searching the GA election on facebook leads to a pretty funny group of posts from republicans complaining that democrats will try and steal the election. Republicans are quite scared of this election.

Rebel that Rebels BeastieRunner's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ZombieHavoc View Post
    Searching the GA election on facebook leads to a pretty funny group of posts from republicans complaining that democrats will try and steal the election. Republicans are quite scared of this election.
    I want Ossoff to win although the GOP does have a case here. He's taken $8M in out-of-state money and he does not live in the district.

That being said, he's been transparent about living 10 minutes outside the district for the last 2-3 years, nobody ruled that was illegal, and he took less out-of-state money than all the GOP candidates combined. So ...

VOTE YOUR OSSOFF GEORGIA!
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 04-18-2017 at 12:47 PM.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Just got an alert on my phone that the Facebook Killer offed himself in Erie, PA.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Just got an alert on my phone that the Facebook Killer offed himself in Erie, PA.
    I saw that on Twitter. That guy must have been seriously mentally unstable.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    GM of the Rumbler's League - Currently on Extended Hiatus
    Caretaker of Khazan's Cosmic Library
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn and/or imaginatively created.

Aircraft Carrier Wasn’t Sailing to Deter North Korea, as U.S. Suggested

WASHINGTON — As worries deepened last week about whether North Korea would conduct a missile test, the White House declared that ordering an American aircraft carrier into the Sea of Japan would send a powerful deterrent signal and give President Trump more options in responding to the North’s provocative behavior.

The problem was, the carrier, the Carl Vinson, and the four other warships in its strike force were at that very moment sailing in the opposite direction, to take part in joint exercises with the Australian Navy in the Indian Ocean, 3,500 miles southwest of the Korean Peninsula.
    White House officials said on Tuesday they were relying on guidance from the Defense Department. Officials there described a glitch-ridden sequence of events, from a premature announcement of the deployment by the military’s Pacific Command to an erroneous explanation by Defense Secretary Jim Mattis — all of which perpetuated the false narrative that an American armada was racing toward the waters off North Korea.
    By the time the White House was asked about the Carl Vinson on April 11, its imminent arrival had been emblazoned on front pages across East Asia, fanning fears that Mr. Trump was considering a pre-emptive military strike on North Korea. It was portrayed as further evidence of the president’s muscular style two days after he ordered a missile strike on Syria while he and President Xi Jinping of China were finishing dessert during a meeting in Florida.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    I want Osoff to win although the GOP does have a case here. He's taken $8M in out-of-state money and he does not live in the district.

That being said, he's been transparent about living 10 minutes outside the district for the last 2-3 years, nobody ruled that was illegal, and he took less out-of-state money than all the GOP candidates combined. So ...

VOTE YOUR OSOFF GEORGIA!
    They don't really have a case though since none of those things are illegal, as you said (as far as I've read--I had no clue beforehand). But I do get trying to use those arguments. What is hysterical is trying to preemptively claim the election is being stolen...although we all know another dude that did that once to great effect.

AP Explains: Behind the visa program targeted by Trump

Sounds a lot like the ACA in that repair is better for the economy than repeal.

Quote Originally Posted by ZombieHavoc View Post
    They don't really have a case though since none of those things are illegal, as you said (as far as I've read--I had no clue beforehand). But I do get trying to use those arguments. What is hysterical is trying to preemptively claim the election is being stolen...although we all know another dude that did that once to great effect.
    Not illegal before either BUT the Dems said it's bad when the GOP does those things. And here we have the Dems doing it.

Meanwhile, the GOP candidates are saying it's bad to not live in district and take outside money as a campaign strategy while they are doing it during this campaign (3 Rs have never lived in the district and all of them have taken more money than Ossoff).

Ossoff was born there, live for the last 12 years there, and only lives 10 minutes outside the last 2-3 years to support his girlfriend whom is finishing med school. Again, he's been open about it and asked if it was a disqualification (it is not in GA). All the while, the 3 GOP guys have never said they don't live there. And last I checked, $8M is less than $40M.

It's kind of funny if you ask me.
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 04-18-2017 at 12:55 PM.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

I've phone banked and called on behalf of Ossoff from the Our Revolution campaign. I'll keep calling until 5 PM today.
    If Democrats and Liberal/Progressive Independents want change, then they need to vote Ossoff. REAL Progressive change.

Donald Trump Really Doesn’t Want Jon Ossoff In Congress
    The president is following the Georgia special election closely.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/...ushpmg00000009

newsEngin.17889157_House_Election_Georgia_5058.jpg
    Is always confused.....

My Name is Psylocke, "Stabby stabby pew pew!"

My Psylocke stories at Fanfiction.net (ignore the editing, it's bad on purpose) https://www.fanfiction.net/~tazirai
    My better edited versions on Comicvine. Just check profile and my forum posts in fan fiction section. http://comicvine.gamespot.com/profile/tazirai/

Quote Originally Posted by Tazirai View Post
    I've phone banked and called on behalf of Ossoff from the Our Revolution campaign. I'll keep calling until 5 PM today.
    If Democrats and Liberal/Progressive Independents want change, then they need to vote Ossoff. REAL Progressive change.
    Way to go! Thanks for that.

Rise up and VOTE YOUR OSSOFF GEORGIA!

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Not illegal before either BUT the Dems said it's bad when the GOP does those things. And here we have the Dems doing it.

Meanwhile, the GOP candidates are saying it's bad to not live in district and take outside money as a campaign strategy while they are doing it during this campaign (3 Rs have never lived in the district and all of them have taken more money than Ossoff).

Ossoff was born there, live for the last 12 years there, and only lives 10 minutes outside the last 2-3 years to support his girlfriend whom is finishing med school. Again, he's been open about it and asked if it was a disqualification (it is not in GA). All the while, the 3 GOP guys have never said they don't live there. And last I checked, $40M is less than $8M.

It's kind of funny if you ask me.
    Pointing out a typo.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalak View Post
    Pointing out a typo.
    HAHA, oops! Pardon my Republican counting method.

Fixed!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    Heston was a Democrat at the time he made Planet of the Apes.
    Active in the civil rights movement, too. He participated in the March on Washington.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    Heston was a Democrat at the time he made Planet of the Apes.
    That was durin the period the two parties were swapping their positions on the political spectrum.
    "One may be intelligent, and a Nazi. Then one is not decent. One may be decent and a Nazi. Then one is not intelligent. And one may be intelligent and decent. Then one is not a Nazi"
    - Gerhard Bronner

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

In news that's not political related for once, let's talk about other terrible people!

Silicon Valley CEO Pleads ‘No Contest’ to Abusing His Wife—and Is Offered a Deal for Less Than 30 Days in Jail: A deal was struck, and the judge had left for vacation, before the victim had her say in the same Santa Clara courthouse where Brock Turner was given six months for sexual assault.

And then there's these two piece of crap parents...

A Maryland mom and dad are being blasted online for pulling a cruel prank on their son — which included cursing the young boy out and convincing him he had done something terribly wrong.

“Get your f–king a– up here!” the child’s mother shouts at the start of a 6˝-minute video, which was posted to YouTube and shows the deranged stunt going down.

“What the f–k did you do?! What the f–k?!” she screams repeatedly, as her husband films.

“What the hell is that,” the diabolical dad says, panning out to a mess of strewn Uno cards and fake ink spilled everywhere.

“I didn’t do that!” the boy says, breaking down in tears and clutching his chest in fear.

“I swear to God I didn’t do that!” he explains frantically. “Mom and Dad, I didn’t do that! I swear!”

The father, identified by the Philly Voice as Mike Martin, of Damascus, Md., is a notorious prank puller who has posted a slew of similar videos to his YouTube page, dubbed “DaddyOFive.”

Together, he and his wife rule their family with a funny bone and an iron fist — even going so far as to force their kids to plug their social media accounts at the end of some of their clips.

The “Invisible Ink Prank” video has racked up more than 300,000 views since being shared last week. In it, the couple stages a fake spill on a bedroom carpet and pretends to blame it on their son, Cody, in retaliation for a prior mess he had made.

“And here you go with the f–king lying again,” his mom says, as the boy cowers in the corner.

“You did this before!”

Countless YouTube users posted negative comments about the video throughout the weekend after the footage popped up online — so much, in fact, that Martin was forced to remove it and make another video explaining that his son was fine.

“I’m getting all kinds of hate right now on all my social media,” he said in the video, titled “BLOCKING ALL THE HATERS!”

“A lot of people are really pissed off about this video because we’re yelling and the kids are crying and everything like that and apparently it’s upsetting a lot of people,” he said. “A lot of people apparently don’t get it … A lot of people don’t see the humor in it.”
    WTF WTF WTF WTF.
    Opinions may vary in quality.

Current Manga Reviews: Twin Star Exorcists Vol. 3, Library Wars Vol. 15 and Inuyashiki Vol. 3