Page 4283 of 4330 FirstFirst ... 328337834183423342734279428042814282428342844285428642874293 ... LastLast
Results 64,231 to 64,245 of 64950

Looks like Aaron Hernandez was just found dead in his cell.

Quote Originally Posted by jeanvaljean View Post
    Looks like Aaron Hernandez was just found dead in his cell.
    The last pass he caught was a prison shiv?

Apparently a suicide. Huh.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Side note: A fake news site known as "Free Beacon", with a hard-right bias has turned truthers on "EasterHatTossGate".

There is literal video of Trump taking a hat from a kid asking him to sign it, and Trump chucking it into the crowd with a smile while the kid says, "NO!" An aide noticed, and gave Trump another MAGA hat for him to sign and give to the kid. Trump throws that into the crowd, after signing it. Many WTF reactions to this incident were making the rounds, including folks wondering if Trump is just that asleep at the wheel, or if he's just an ***hole.

Well, FreeBeacon is claiming the video isn't real, and their "proof" is splicing it to cut out the parts where he throws the kid's hat, and hoping nobody sees the original cut.

I just saw someone on my social media feed try to defend Trump from the poor media attacks, commenting with the FreeBeacon story in response to someone else posting the full video and asking what Trump's damage is. Some of the miscreants who enable Trump will literally defend him being an ***hole to children, even when there's video evidence, and six decades of stories about what an ***hole he is. It's... really pathetic, frankly.

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    Side note: A fake news site known as "Free Beacon", with a hard-right bias has turned truthers on "EasterHatTossGate".

There is literal video of Trump taking a hat from a kid asking him to sign it, and Trump chucking it into the crowd with a smile while the kid says, "NO!" An aide noticed, and gave Trump another MAGA hat for him to sign and give to the kid. Trump throws that into the crowd, after signing it. Many WTF reactions to this incident were making the rounds, including folks wondering if Trump is just that asleep at the wheel, or if he's just an ***hole.

Well, FreeBeacon is claiming the video isn't real, and their "proof" is splicing it to cut out the parts where he throws the kid's hat, and hoping nobody sees the original cut.

I just saw someone on my social media feed try to defend Trump from the poor media attacks, commenting with the FreeBeacon story in response to someone else posting the full video and asking what Trump's damage is. Some of the miscreants who enable Trump will literally defend him being an ***hole to children, even when there's video evidence, and six decades of stories about what an ***hole he is. It's... really pathetic, frankly.
    As for the hat toss, I really think his dementia is growing rapidly worse. He called Paul Ryan "Ron" yesterday. Repeatedly. He didn't put his hand on his heart during the anthem and acted like he didn't know where he was. With the hat, it seems he forgot the kid as soon as he took the hat. It's worrying.

As for the hat toss, I really think his dementia is growing rapidly worse. He called Paul Ryan "Ron" yesterday. Repeatedly. He didn't put his hand on his heart during the anthem and acted like he didn't know where he was. With the hat, it seems he forgot the kid as soon as he took the hat. It's worrying.
    He is mentally ill and/or suffering from dementia. He's already the oldest man to be president, and his family history includes his father having Alzheimer's Disease.

At least Reagan wasn't a vile sumbitch prior to any diagnosed diminished mental faculties.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

With Cheeto Jesus saber rattling with nuclear armed nutbag Kim Jong Un, this worries me more than a little:

U.S. Missile Defense System May Not Work, Say Experts

Top generals have been insisting for years that if North Korea launched a missile at the United States, the U.S military would be able to shoot it down.

But that is a highly questionable assertion, according to independent scientists and government investigators.

In making it, the generals fail to acknowledge huge questions about the effectiveness of the $40 billion missile defense system they rely on to stop a potential nuclear-armed ballistic missile fired by North Korean or Iran, according to a series of outside reviews.

"They are leading political leaders to believe that they have a military capability that they don't, in fact, have," says physicist David Wright, who has studied the program for years as co-director of the Global Security Program at the Union of Concerned Scientists.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Spectacularly Neurotic Sharkerbob's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    STUDY: Watching Only Fox News Makes You Less Informed Than Watching No News At All

From, 2012, but it hasn't changed all that much.

PunditFact checks in on the cable news channels

Fox News scored the worst. This si something I don't understand. They can lean conservative all they want, but is there really a need to push stories that aren't factual?
    How else are they suppose to make their money? It's about the rage-and-fear inducing drama, not the bland, dry truth.

Spectacularly Neurotic Sharkerbob's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post

It's just amazing what a little editing can make things appear like, isn't it? It's pathetic how these fake news YouTube hacks try to make money off defending such a monster.

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sharkerbob View Post
    It's just amazing what a little editing can make things appear like, isn't it? It's pathetic how these fake news YouTube hacks try to make money off defending such a monster.
    Ooof, that comment section for that video. Real crazy people.
    Opinions may vary in quality.

Current Manga Reviews: Twin Star Exorcists Vol. 3, Library Wars Vol. 15 and Inuyashiki Vol. 3

After using n-word in front of black colleagues, Fla. state senator faces calls to resign

A Republican state senator from Miami is facing pressure to resign after he used the n-word to criticize several of his colleagues during an alcohol-fueled rant in front of two black lawmakers.

Over drinks at a private club in downtown Tallahassee, State Sen. Frank Artiles referred to six white senators as “n‑‑‑ers” and spewed other obscenities while complaining about the chamber’s GOP leadership, local media reported Tuesday.

In response, the Florida Democratic Party called on him to resign Tuesday night, saying he lacked the judgment to remain in office.

Artiles apologized for the remarks in a statement Tuesday provided to the Miami Herald.

“In an exchange with a colleague of mine in the Senate, I unfortunately let my temper get the best of me,” he said. “There is no excuse for the exchange that occurred and I have apologized to my Senate colleagues and regret the incident profusely.”

Republican leaders said Artiles is expected to offer a formal apology Wednesday morning on the state senate floor.
    Original join date: 11/2004
    GM of the Rumbler's League
    Caretaker of Khazan's Cosmic Library

No, as I pointed out, Heston was no racist. He marched on Washington with Dr. King.
    You don't really have to be a racist to otherwise have rightwing ideas, do you?
    So this Zealot comes to my door, all glazed eyes and clean reproductive organs, asking me if I ever think about God. So I tell him I killed God. I tracked God down like a rabid dog, hacked off his legs with a hedge trimmer, and boiled off his corpse in an acid bath. So he pulls an alternating-current taser on me and tells me that only the Official Serbian Church of Tesla can save my polyphase intrinsic electric field, known to non-engineers as "the soul". So I hit him. What would you do?

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    You don't really have to be a racist to otherwise have rightwing ideas, do you?
    These days, as part of the GOP's "No True Scotsman" philosophy on conservatism, you do. Lest you admit that there should be such a thing as political correctness.

Deported ‘Dreamer’ Juan Manuel Montes Sues Trump Administration for Answers

A young immigrant who was deported to Mexico earlier this year despite the fact he had protected DACA status has filed a suit against the Trump administration seeking information about his case.

Juan Manuel Montes, 23, filed a complaint Tuesday in the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of California, alleging that the government did not provide any documentation explaining the legality of sending him back to Mexico.

Montes has been in the U.S. since he was 9 and had qualified for DACA twice; he was protected until 2018.

"Juan Manuel was funneled across the border without so much as a piece of paper to explain why or how," stated Nora A. Preciado, a staff attorney at the National Immigration Law Center, (NILC) which put out the statement. "The government shouldn't treat anyone this way — much less someone who has DACA. No one should have to file a lawsuit to find out what happened to them."

NILC executive director Marielena Hincapiť told NBC News the question is "how is it possible that in the United States of America you can be walking and be stopped by Border Patrol and then disappeared and sent to another country because you don't have your wallet on you?"

9/11 Memorial evacuated after visitor spreads salt on plaza

Paranoid much?

The 9/11 Memorial plaza in Lower Manhattan was evacuated Tuesday after a Japanese visitor spread salt on the plaza, officials said.

“He said this was his way of honoring the deceased,” said Port Authority Police spokesman Joseph Pentangelo. Salt is often used in Shinto rituals to purify an area or a sacred space.

Utah Congressman Jason Chaffetz Will Not Seek Re-Election

Rep. Jason Chaffetz will not seek re-election in 2018, two sources who have been informed of his decision told BuzzFeed on Wednesday morning.

Chaffetz later confirmed in a statement on Facebook that he will "will not be a candidate for any office in 2018."

"Since late 2003 I have been fully engaged with politics as a campaign manager, a chief of staff, a candidate and as a Member of Congress. I have long advocated public service should be for a limited time and not a lifetime or full career. Many of you have heard me advocate, 'Get in, serve, and get out.' After more than 1,500 nights away from my home, it is time. I may run again for public office, but not in 2018," he said.

Chaffetz said he was confident he "would continue to be re-elected by large margins," and there were "no ulterior motives" behind his decision. But Chaffetz has said that he's interested in taking a "serious look" running for governor in 2020.