Quote Originally Posted by mojotastic View Post
    Doesnt Sanders attract a big number of younger voters?
    I agree that his support is vital to the Democratic party, to get as many people as possible out and voting. I just worry that his 'support' isn't really so supportive and in the end would create more problems for the Democrats than benefits.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    GM of the Rumbler's League - Currently on Extended Hiatus
    Caretaker of Khazan's Cosmic Library
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn and/or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    I just worry that his 'support' isn't really so supportive and in the end would create more problems for the Democrats than benefits.
    Might i aks you what do you have in mind that might affect the Democratic party if Sander continues?

Invincible Member TheInvisibleMan's Avatar

Might i aks you what do you have in mind that might affect the Democratic party if Sander continues?
    minority blocs will abandon the party in large chunks

for someone who campaigned on social justice, he always pivots back to jobs and economics and does little to address race/prejudice

also sucking the teat of Trump supporters
    “If you listen to the fans, you’ll find yourself sitting with them”

- Joe Kuharich

Sanders comment about Jon Osseff. Instead of just saying that he supports Osseff, Sanders instead said that he didn't know if Osseff was a Progressive. That is a dog whistle to hard core Bernie Supporters to not support Osseff. Sanders has to be all in, or all out. The Democratic party can't afford even one loss, especially if that loss can be traced back to a comment made by Sanders.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    GM of the Rumbler's League - Currently on Extended Hiatus
    Caretaker of Khazan's Cosmic Library
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn and/or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Sanders comment about Jon Osseff. Instead of just saying that he supports Osseff, Sanders instead said that he didn't know if Osseff was a Progressive. That is a dog whistle to hard core Bernie Supporters to not support Osseff. Sanders has to be all in, or all out. The Democratic party can't afford even one loss, especially if that loss can be traced back to a comment made by Sanders.
    If you are not going to actually run as a legitimate left candidate, you should not expect the votes of actual leftist voters.

Democrats want to stick to the same old song and dance? They had better be able to win without the the support of voters who won't accept "Democrat Equals Right Of Center".

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    If you are not going to actually run as a legitimate left candidate, you should not expect the votes of actual leftist voters.

Democrats want to stick to the same old song and dance? They had better be able to win without the the support of voters who won't accept "Democrat Equals Right Of Center".
    And what do you know of Osseff that makes him an "illegitimate" left candidate? And why is the anti-choice Heath Mello a "legitimate" left candidate?

Democrats want to stick to the same old song and dance?
    They had better be able to win without the the support of voters who won't accept "Democrat Equals Right Of Center".
    and thats what fossils like Sander represent - the party should not be defined by what old white men want

ill take a Joaquin Castro or Osoff over Sanders any day of the week and twice on Sunday

- Joe Kuharich

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    And what do you know of Osseff that makes him an "illegitimate" left candidate? And why is the anti-choice Heath Mello a "legitimate" left candidate?
    I take it you are talking about Ossoff?

Jon studied under Madeleine Albright and former Israeli Ambassador to the United States Michael Oren as an undergraduate at Georgetown University.
    Ruh Roh.

Jon wrote his Master’s thesis at the London School of Economics on trade relations between the U.S. and China.
    Sounds pretty "Business As Usual".

I take it you are talking about Ossoff?

Ruh Roh.

so being highly educated is certainly a "problem" for some voters in this country

- Joe Kuharich

Which is not to say that Mello is perfect. That said, Albright's name doesn't show up in his list of "Pros".

Ruh Roh.
    If this is your standard for calling Ossoff an "illegitimate" left candidate, I think this logic is flawed at best.

He wrote his Master's on trade relations between the US and China? And this is "business as usual" how?

But you did not answer how Heath Mello, the anti-choice candidate that Bernie did endorse, counts as a "legitimate" left candidate.

Quote Originally Posted by TheInvisibleMan View Post
    so being highly educated is certainly a "problem" for some voters in this country
    If you are another person whose focus seems to be economics and Albright's name shows up, you will have to prove to me that you are not just more of the same thing that is already a problem.

But you did not answer how Heath Mello, the anti-choice candidate that Bernie did endorse, counts as a "legitimate" left candidate.
    Which is not to say that Mello is perfect. That said, Albright's name doesn't show up in his list of "Pros".
    How much have you read about the guy?

How much have you read about the guy?
    I don't care that he took a class under Albright. I care that we take a seat from the GOP and the message that sends.

But my point is your "purity test" does not add up. Taking a class under Albright is grounds to call Ossoff an "illegitimate left candidate," but Heath Mello, whom Sanders endorsed, who is Anti-Choice is a "legitimate progressive candidate."

Did I get that right?

I don't care that he took a class under Albright. I care that we take a seat from the GOP and the message that sends.

But my point is your "purity test" does not add up. Taking a class under Albright is grounds to call Ossoff an "illegitimate left candidate," but Heath Mello, whom Sanders endorsed, who is Anti-Choice is a "legitimate progressive candidate."

Did I get that right?
    Not "That" Guy. Mello. How much have you read?