Page 6865 of 6899 FirstFirst ... 586563656765681568556861686268636864686568666867686868696875 ... LastLast
Results 102,961 to 102,975 of 103480
    Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    Brexit continues to flounder as Boris Johnson resigns as Foreign Secretary of the UK.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...y-live-updates
    Makes me wonder if buyer's remorse has set in yet.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    There's a mountain of evidence that Trump's trade fights will be most harmful to the people who voted for him
    Red states that voted for President Donald Trump in 2016 stand more to lose if other countries retaliate against US tariffs, according to economists at Citi.
    The benefits of tariffs to domestic producers will be undermined by retaliation that specifically targets sectors this administration champions, Citi said.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/apos-...110000329.html
    Good. Fuck them

Brexit continues to flounder as Boris Johnson resigns as Foreign Secretary of the UK.

Maybe he wants the spare time to console Trump when everyone in London mocks him during his visit.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    Maybe he wants the spare time to console Trump when everyone in London mocks him during his visit.
    Are we sure he isn't so self absorbed as to think the giant baby is him?

Is Dolt45 still meeting with Queenie and the Royals? Or did she tell him to fuck off and not waste their time (in a proper British manner of course)?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    There's a mountain of evidence that Trump's trade fights will be most harmful to the people who voted for him
    Red states that voted for President Donald Trump in 2016 stand more to lose if other countries retaliate against US tariffs, according to economists at Citi.
    The benefits of tariffs to domestic producers will be undermined by retaliation that specifically targets sectors this administration champions, Citi said.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/apos-...110000329.html
    It's completely intentional -- Germany, England, and Canada plan to do the same.

And for those who say "they" deserve it, it would be extremely short-sighted to think that this won't affect all Americans and not just the ones that have been targeted -- especially if this 'war" continues for an extended period of time.

-----
    "A leaked propaganda notice from the Chinese government states that the country is using to tariffs to try to disrupt and split President Trump’s base, Business Insider reported on Tuesday.

The notice, leaked and published by the China Digital Times, which monitors media censorship in China, states the tariffs are meant to split “apart different domestic groups in US.”

“We stop negotiation for now, acting tit for tat, roll out corresponding policies, hold public opinion at a good level without escalating it, limit scope, and strike accurately and carefully, splitting apart different domestic groups in US,” the propaganda notice reads.

“The trade conflict is really a war against China’s rise, to see who has the greater stamina,” the document continues. "This is absolutely no time for irresolution or reticence.”

The document also directs media to not report on comments from Trump or other officials, adding that outlets shouldn’t “attack Trump’s vulgarity; don’t make this a war of insults.”

Experts have warned that the Chinese tariffs could be used to specifically target Trump supporters, particularly with tariffs on goods like soybeans and sorghum. The crops are produced largely in areas that backed Trump in the 2016 election..."

http://thehill.com/policy/finance/in...-target-trumps

-----

Edit: I stand corrected -- they've already done it.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/06/21/b...ump-trade.html
    http://money.cnn.com/2018/07/01/news...num/index.html
    Last edited by aja_christopher; 07-09-2018 at 09:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Is Dolt45 still meeting with Queenie and the Royals? Or did she tell him to fuck off and not waste their time (in a proper British manner of course)?
    Last I heard, after Trump was demanding a royal carriage ride with the queen, the royals politely told him to go f*** himself, and wouldn't be meeting him. Considering he once stalked Princess Diana, I don't have the feeling that the Princes would be falling all over themselves to ask grandma to change her mind.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Makes me wonder if buyer's remorse has set in yet.
    It set in the day after the vote. There were Brits who said, "Wait. What did we vote for now?"

Ol' Doogie, Circa 2005 JDogindy's Avatar

Has Great Britain worked out an actual exit strategy to stay good with the European Union?

Because I don't see it, and it's going to bite them in the ass

Last I heard, after Trump was demanding a royal carriage ride with the queen, the royals politely told him to go f*** himself, and wouldn't be meeting him. Considering he once stalked Princess Diana, I don't have the feeling that the Princes would be falling all over themselves to ask grandma to change her mind.
    Do tell. Then I think it's a darn good time to break this meme out of mothballs:

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

He is such an international embarrassment to the office and to this country. I think they all either laugh or shake their head about him behind his back.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    He is such an international embarrassment to the office and to this country. I think they all either laugh or shake their head about him behind his back.
    I'd rather they laugh right to his fat, orange face.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    Good. Cuz you know it didn't make sense when you wrote it.

Now, if you don't want to sing Abba with me, how about Black Sabbath? I like a lot of the Ozzy stuff and the first record with Ronnie James Dio. We're all comics fans right? The Jeff Lemire Black Hammer comic has a Deadman parody character named "Jack Sabbath" and a bartender named "Lonnie James".

Cry out legions of the brave...
    Wait, are you saying you only like the Ozzy stuff and the first record with Dio, and that's it?

All of Dio's Sabbath work is phenomenal, and the Ian Gillan fronted Born Again is one of their best albums. Plus Headless Cross is a metal masterpiece. The rest of the Tony Martin albums and the one Glenn Hughes records are pretty damned good too. In short, all Black Sabbath is good, to one degree or another.

Also....did I really click on a Fox News Opinion piece about Hillary secretly planning to run again that was presented in a discussion as a factual piece of information. My god.

I don't think she will run again. I could be wrong, no matter what, the opinion piece exists solely to rile up the typical Fox News audience.

Royal Castle of Atlantica, High Court of Terra

I'd rather they laugh right to his fat, orange face.
    They are trying

Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn or imaginatively created.
    DBM: Meagan/Cyanna/Dash/Mirror Mage

Quote Originally Posted by ZombieHavoc View Post
    Also....did I really click on a Fox News Opinion piece about Hillary secretly planning to run again that was presented in a discussion as a factual piece of information. My god.

I don't think she will run again. I could be wrong, no matter what, the opinion piece exists solely to rile up the typical Fox News audience.
    I suspect that without their pantsuit clad bogeywoman to stir up the Trumpanzees, ratings on Faux News would nosedive.