Page 6099 of 6099 FirstFirst ... 5099559959996049608960956096609760986099
Results 91,471 to 91,480 of 91480
    Ultimate Member TheInvisibleMan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    I've got a great idea for gun legislation - once Congress switches parties. Stick a rider in a bill that states voting rights must have fewer restrictions than gun rights. Then wait for the howling from certain states.
    I dont want to hear squat from Sanders

Vermont has ZERO gun regs

dont need a permit to own, carry, whatever
    “If you listen to the fans, you’ll find yourself sitting with them”

- Joe Kuharich

Election interference concerns prompt returns to paper ballots

http://thehill.com/homenews/campaign...-paper-ballots

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...residents.html

Some are already declaring Trump the worst President in American History after only one year on the job.

Happy President's Day.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheInvisibleMan View Post
    I dont want to hear squat from Sanders

Vermont has ZERO gun regs

dont need a permit to own, carry, whatever
    That's a matter of state law. Bernie doesn't really represent Vermont on matters of its own state law.
    Thank you America for voting for change.

Ultimate Member TheInvisibleMan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    That's a matter of state law. Bernie doesn't really represent Vermont on matters of its own state law.
    He was mayor of Burlington from 1981 to 1989

he was member of the House from 1991 to 2007

hes had influence in his state for 30+ years and has done squat except empty rhetoric
    “If you listen to the fans, you’ll find yourself sitting with them”

- Joe Kuharich

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by InformationGeek View Post
    That is the problem with people saying you should just "talk" to trump. He does not listen. He says he watched that interview with Oprah then he responds only with negatively attacking HER. If you watched it or read the transcripts you could easily see positive things he could have taken from that conversation and run with.

Some of the trump voters still defend him and still say they would vote for him. They point to their 401k and the money they saw in their paychecks from the tax plan. Why not point that out? No instead he does the usual trump thing and pick a fight with Oprah. And honestly she didn't trash him, there really is no need other than he LOVES a foil. Someone to pit himself against.

Speaking to the actual content of the discussion I did find it interesting that one of the trump voters said he Hates liberals. But, when pushed on it he's like not you guys...

And the point when they discuss wanting trump supporters to "denounce" his rhetoric and the voters feeling trapped by it. That is really interesting. They want to defend him because they feel they are getting what they want economically. But, on the other hand Liberals I include myself in this get so frustrated in defense of a man who makes racist, misogynistic, hypocritical statements. And who we feel emboldens radical right wingers. I would have went further with it and pointed out we ask for those that support him to stand up when he says and does these things. Because, he ONLY governs for his base. That's all he cares about. He doesn't listen to the rest of the country. If his base and Fox News group doesn't say "hey you went too far here" he won't change course. I know apologies etc. are asking for the moon. But, the only ones who he responds to are this hard core base.

So yes we ask his supporters to stand up and say look its not right to say there are "very fine people" at a tiki torch white supremacist rally. Yes we say "denounce him" when he bashes the intelligence agencies and FBI, and Judges, but wont enact the laws passed to punish Russia.

Another point I would have pointed out is trump takes all the credit for how good our economy is doing. But Obama inherited a recession. And it was pretty bad economically. trump did not inherit a bad economy. He had a flourishing economy that just so happens to continue to flourish. He takes all the credit for that and so do his supporters.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulBullion View Post
    True, Bernie does not have a good record on gun control. However, if he is turning around on that now, I think he deserves a chance to come over to our side on this issue, especially since he's already on our side on so many other issues.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    Election interference concerns prompt returns to paper ballots

http://thehill.com/homenews/campaign...-paper-ballots
    Oh no, not the hanging chads again. Or echoes of those Chicago returns during the Kennedy/Nixon race.
    Doctor Doom Appreciation Thread at CBR Forums
    My old SuperHero Squad name: Steel Divine Duke

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kidfresh512 View Post
    That is the problem with people saying you should just "talk" to trump. He does not listen. He says he watched that interview with Oprah then he responds only with negatively attacking HER. If you watched it or read the transcripts you could easily see positive things he could have taken from that conversation and run with.

Some of the trump voters still defend him and still say they would vote for him. They point to their 401k and the money they saw in their paychecks from the tax plan. Why not point that out? No instead he does the usual trump thing and pick a fight with Oprah. And honestly she didn't trash him, there really is no need other than he LOVES a foil. Someone to pit himself against.

Speaking to the actual content of the discussion I did find it interesting that one of the trump voters said he Hates liberals. But, when pushed on it he's like not you guys...

And the point when they discuss wanting trump supporters to "denounce" his rhetoric and the voters feeling trapped by it. That is really interesting. They want to defend him because they feel they are getting what they want economically. But, on the other hand Liberals I include myself in this get so frustrated in defense of a man who makes racist, misogynistic, hypocritical statements. And who we feel emboldens radical right wingers. I would have went further with it and pointed out we ask for those that support him to stand up when he says and does these things. Because, he ONLY governs for his base. That's all he cares about. He doesn't listen to the rest of the country. If his base and Fox News group doesn't say "hey you went too far here" he won't change course. I know apologies etc. are asking for the moon. But, the only ones who he responds to are this hard core base.

So yes we ask his supporters to stand up and say look its not right to say there are "very fine people" at a tiki torch white supremacist rally. Yes we say "denounce him" when he bashes the intelligence agencies and FBI, and Judges, but wont enact the laws passed to punish Russia.

Another point I would have pointed out is trump takes all the credit for how good our economy is doing. But Obama inherited a recession. And it was pretty bad economically. trump did not inherit a bad economy. He had a flourishing economy that just so happens to continue to flourish. He takes all the credit for that and so do his supporters.
    The only thing I want to add is that Trump's supporters are probably echoing the way his parents indulged him. The spoiled child became a spoiled, self-absorbed old man.
    Doctor Doom Appreciation Thread at CBR Forums
    My old SuperHero Squad name: Steel Divine Duke