Page 6 of 5604 FirstFirst ... 234567891016561065061006 ... LastLast
Results 76 to 90 of 84056
  1. #76
    Senior Member king mob's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Bristol
    Posts
    213

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mikekerr3 View Post
    It is just poltical BS, the anti-gun folks are trying to fix a system that works VERY well, By adding papaerwork that is of no use u outside of harrasing people by making an already rigorous process harder
    It clearly isn't rigorous enough.

  2. #77
    Senior Member king mob's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Bristol
    Posts
    213

    Default

    The situation in the Ukraine continues to get worse, not to mention increasingly messy.

    http://www.theguardian.com/world/201...e-headquarters

  3. #78
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,043

    Default

    I won't be surprised if Russia will invade East Ukraine. Russia is the only country in the world that can retake its former land by force without fearing any retribution from the rest of the world. That is why almost all the countries are not happy with it. Only a few countries including Syria, Belarus and Serbia recognize the Russian annexation of Crimea.


    It is impossible for Ukrainians to deport the ethnic Russians from Eastern Ukraine. West Ukrainians want to join the European Union. East Ukrainians want independence or reunification with Mother Russia. Autonomy is not good enough for them.

    If Putin dares to invade Eastern Ukraine, will NATO do anything at all?

    Russians are willing to lose their 20 million people to achieve a victory. They were the first to march all the way to Berlin. Afghanistan was the only country that was able to give Russia a run for their money.

    If only Russia could join the EU as well but Russia is more eastern than it is western.

  4. #79
    Veteran Member CSTowle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    New Hampshire
    Posts
    3,641

    Default

    What makes me sad (well, one of the things that makes me sad) about this situation is I'm not sure even Putin would be bold enough to do this if the US hadn't set the precedent of preemptive war with the invasion of Iraq. It's not nearly the same situation, but it's kind of hard for us to take the moral high ground given the flimsy excuses we used and how that situation turned out.
    Formerly finfangfool

  5. #80

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zetsubou View Post
    I won't be surprised if Russia will invade East Ukraine. Russia is the only country in the world that can retake its former land by force without fearing any retribution from the rest of the world. That is why almost all the countries are not happy with it. Only a few countries including Syria, Belarus and Serbia recognize the Russian annexation of Crimea..
    Please note that Syria's Assad regime is bought and paid for by Putin's Russia.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

  6. #81
    BANNED Mikekerr3's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Delaware
    Posts
    3,315

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by king mob View Post
    It clearly isn't rigorous enough.
    Since there have ben a total of two acts of violence commuted b with NFA registered guns ,bout a quarter of a million of them, since 1934 the regulation seems to have been quite adequate. Both of those were commited by people that would have easily met the proposed requirements anyway

    Do you have any idea what is required already to register something under the NFA now, or are you just guessing?

  7. #82
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,043

    Default

    Why can Ukrainians not work together with Ukrainians of Russian descent in a government similar to the Swiss Confederacy instead of dominating the Russian speaking residents? Switzerland has three official languages (German, French and Italian) because it has ethnic German, French and Italian-speaking population.

    Look what happened to Yugoslavia. It is a multi-national state composed of Serbia, Montenegro, Albanian-speaking Kosovo, Croatia, Bosnia, Slovenia and Macedonia, but the Yugoslav government is dominated by Serbs. Serbs constituted 36% of the Yugoslav population but 70% of the Yugoslav military officers were Serbs or Montenegrins, while most of the enlistees are non-Serbian. If the Yugoslav government had been based on Swiss model, there would not have been a violent break-up. But instead of giving equal rights to non-Serbians, Serbians wanted to dominate them. Serbian was the official language of Yugoslavia, while the Swiss population freely speak three languages in all aspects of the society: government, parliament, courts, military, business, banks, churches and private homes.

    Unlike Yugoslavia and Soviet Union, Czechoslovakia peacefully dissolved, since Czech and Slovak populations have equal proportion.
    Last edited by Zetsubou; 05-05-2014 at 03:31 PM.

  8. #83
    Were You There? Michael P's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Location, Location!
    Posts
    2,967

    Default

    Ukraine isn't the one who doesn't want to play nice.
    "It's not whether you win or lose, it's whether I win or lose." - Peter David, on life

    "If you can't say anything nice about someone, sit right here by me." - Alice Roosevelt Longworth, on manners

    "You're much stronger than you think you are." - Superman, on humankind


    All-New, All-Different Marvel Checklist

  9. #84
    BANNED Mikekerr3's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Delaware
    Posts
    3,315

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zetsubou View Post
    Why can Ukrainians not work together with Ukrainians of Russian descent in a government similar to the Swiss Confederacy instead of dominating the Russian speaking residents? Switzerland has three official languages (German, French and Italian) because it has ethnic German, French and Italian-speaking population.

    Look what happened to Yugoslavia. It is a multi-national state composed of Serbia, Montenegro, Albanian-speaking Kosovo, Croatia, Bosnia, Slovenia and Macedonia, but the Yugoslav government is dominated by Serbs. Serbs constituted 36% of the Yugoslav population but 70% of the Yugoslav military officers were Serbs or Montenegrins, while most of the enlistees are non-Serbian. If the Yugoslav government had been based on Swiss model, there would not have been a violent break-up. But instead of giving equal rights to non-Serbians, Serbians wanted to dominate them. Serbian was the official language of Yugoslavia, while the Swiss population freely speak three languages in all aspects of the society: government, parliament, courts, military, business, banks, churches and private homes.

    Unlike Yugoslavia and Soviet Union, Czechoslovakia peacefully dissolved, since Czech and Slovak populations have equal proportion.
    Becasue this is not peers breaking up m by mutual accord, this is a predator biting off chunks.

  10. #85

    Default

    So, the NYPD strikes again: Occupy Wall Street Activist Cecily McMillan Found Guilty of Assault After Being Beaten by the Police. Tiny background: Cop gets elbowed in the eye by OWS protester as she's being wrestled to the ground. She claims that he grabbed her breast and it was an instinctual protective reaction. Claim seems sound as there is photographic evidence of her bruised breast, taken at hospital. But judges rules this evidence inadmissible. More background: Officer Bovell, who testified about his injury, multiple times pointed at and recalled injury to right eye even though it was the left that was injured. His testimony is credible and allowed to stand. However, McMillan's groping accusation is not credible according to the ADA Erin Choi. 'She called McMillan's allegations that Officer Bovell had grabbed her breast "heinous" and unbelievable, saying that if McMillan had truly been assaulted, she would have reported it right away, while in police custody.'

    Go, #myNYPD!

    Oh, here is the very nice The Guardian commentary.

  11. #86
    Were You There? Michael P's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Location, Location!
    Posts
    2,967

    Default

    Yeah, 'cause the Tombs is such a great place to make accusations against police officers.
    "It's not whether you win or lose, it's whether I win or lose." - Peter David, on life

    "If you can't say anything nice about someone, sit right here by me." - Alice Roosevelt Longworth, on manners

    "You're much stronger than you think you are." - Superman, on humankind


    All-New, All-Different Marvel Checklist

  12. #87
    Lv 67 Pinsir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Route 12
    Posts
    3,104

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thespianphryne View Post
    So, the NYPD strikes again: Occupy Wall Street Activist Cecily McMillan Found Guilty of Assault After Being Beaten by the Police. Tiny background: Cop gets elbowed in the eye by OWS protester as she's being wrestled to the ground. She claims that he grabbed her breast and it was an instinctual protective reaction. Claim seems sound as there is photographic evidence of her bruised breast, taken at hospital. But judges rules this evidence inadmissible. More background: Officer Bovell, who testified about his injury, multiple times pointed at and recalled injury to right eye even though it was the left that was injured. His testimony is credible and allowed to stand. However, McMillan's groping accusation is not credible according to the ADA Erin Choi. 'She called McMillan's allegations that Officer Bovell had grabbed her breast "heinous" and unbelievable, saying that if McMillan had truly been assaulted, she would have reported it right away, while in police custody.'

    Go, #myNYPD!

    Oh, here is the very nice The Guardian commentary.
    America is a police state
    Also visit my blog where I expose Wonder Woman for the criminal she is!

    How come these anonymous sources failed to report Zack Snyder had left post-production on Justice League? They seem to know everything now...

  13. #88

    Default

    It's the Judge's actions that I'm amazed by. After all, a group of cops in a combative situation will act like a group of cops - heads will get busted.

    But the judge ruled that no other evidence of the context of the occurrence was to be shown in court - no police equipment photos, no photos or recordings of the things the the police were saying or doing to the protesters. No photos or testimony of anyone else who was injured that day (especially anyone who ended up settling with the NYPD, or winning judgments against them). Nothing. All the jury saw was McMillans sharp elbow and Bovell's bruised eye. Not even the evidence of other injuries she sustained, incluised the phoot of her rbuised breast.

    What is up with this judge?

  14. #89
    Were You There? Michael P's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Location, Location!
    Posts
    2,967

    Default

    He's a big fat jerk?

    On the other hand, it sounds like this would be pretty easy to overturn on appeal.
    "It's not whether you win or lose, it's whether I win or lose." - Peter David, on life

    "If you can't say anything nice about someone, sit right here by me." - Alice Roosevelt Longworth, on manners

    "You're much stronger than you think you are." - Superman, on humankind


    All-New, All-Different Marvel Checklist

  15. #90

    Default

    The problem with the way it went is that even if it is a proper result, we can never know. Because no other video etc was apparently shown to the jury. And now, as you say, it becomes appealable. And the NYPD loses the PR game regardless.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •